Economy Legal weed is not going as the government hoped.

Damn some of the legal weed you guys buy is insanely priced. I live in Colorado Springs and pay $76 an ounce at my dispensary and then wax/shatter are around $10 and cartridges (500-600mg) are about $25 or so. Weed is really cheap here and to undercut those prices as a grower you’d be struggling to break even.

Anyone curious about Ontario prices can check the government online store www.OCS.ca. The legal dispensaries here are almost the exact same prices.

I'm going to buy my friend a 24k gold rolling paper and roll her up a pricey joint for her birthday.

Damn some of the legal weed you guys buy is insanely priced. I live in Colorado Springs and pay $76 an ounce at my dispensary and then wax/shatter are around $10 and cartridges (500-600mg) are about $25 or so. Weed is really cheap here and to undercut those prices as a grower you’d be struggling to break even.

Damn, that's great prices!

I think every consumer would prefer that marijuana was as easy to buy as a six pack of beer. There's no reason it shouldn't be. If prices weren't artificially high, there would be very little reason for anyone to purchase black market marijuana if they could instead get it legally in a store.
I would have smoked way less if it was always legal. I hated every dealer, remember, so to avoid seeing them I would have to buy a big sack at once.

If I could have just gone to the store at 8pm before the UFC main card started and got a pre-rolled rillo I would have ended up spending way less money. Even if that rillo was like 7$

so what? if dispensaries offer something the average dealer or grower can't offer then they will attract business. It's called a free market. Where weed is legal dispensaries saturate communities. Guess what... compete or die...

Most dispensary weed is trash, the black market is actually thriving right now with prices not seen for years.

Most dispensary weed is trash, the black market is actually thriving right now with prices not seen for years.

I'm really surprised the legal prices haven't dropped here (Ontario).

They can't even get the illegal dispensaries on Toronto to close down due to some legal loopholes.

They've been trying to barricade the doors with big cement blocks because they just reopen right after being raided.

Last edited:
I'm really surprised the legal process haven't dropped here (Ontario).

They can't even get the illegal dispensaries on Toronto to close down due to some legal loopholes.

They've been trying to barricade the doors with big cement blocks because they just reopen right after being raided.
My buddy runs the only grow in Manitoba, hella regulated up there

It was predicted before legalization. 64 was engineered by big money with a lot of regulations and taxes which are passed down to the consumer. Unfortunately anyone who has been smoking weed longer than 2 years know that it's ridiculous to be paying 40+ for 1/8 in 2019.

Word man.
I've never done it. But I want to try it. When I do I'm going to eat, drink k or smoke legal weed. I don't want to mess with any dealer or whacky stuff.

First time I tried it was about a year ago, ate a 10mg gummy about an hour before bed. I just use it to go to bed, really. Sex while high is a lot fun though.

THC lube takes about an hour to kick in for the gals, and holy shit does it increase their blood flow. Orgasms are crazy strong then. It's a lot of fun.

Good. Until every person in jail for weed is freed, fuck every single legal dispensary. How fuckin dystopian it must be to read an article like this from prison.

It's not your average dealer or grower though. It's actual shops that are opening up and operating illegally with the same or similar products as the legal shops, except they aren't adding to tax to the product. It's not a level playing field and a serious problem here in California where I live.
I live in Michigan but went to Denver for a few days last year. I believe i bought a half ounce for something like $70 + $28 tax (state and community). The tax needs to be relaxed if they can compete. I get that there's tons of tax dollars to be made but you can't keep fucking people, eventually they won't take it anymore...

I live in Michigan but went to Denver for a few days last year. I believe i bought a half ounce for something like $70 + $28 tax (state and community). The tax needs to be relaxed if they can compete. I get that there's tons of tax dollars to be made but you can't keep fucking people, eventually they won't take it anymore...

Oh yeah, Colorado is killing it in the legal weed game and did it correctly. I'm just pointing out that in Cali it is not street dealers making the black market so big, it's illegal dispensaries operating out of storefronts and not paying taxes.

Depends highly on the state. Variety of dispensaries, legal or not, will be probably a lot different in the newer states legalizing for rec

Only 345 million collected in the first year? Sounds like an abysmal, absolute failure.

People don't simply stop using their dealer simply because something becomes legal. It takes time. People will go to the cheapest, most convenient place to get the product is. Wait until these dispensaries are on every corner.

I edited my post because I hadn't finished reading the article...

These illegal dispensaries will be dealt with the same way any other illegal store is dealt with.

Here in WA, everyone I knew ditched their dealers almost immediately. The weed was almost instantly half the street price, and is insanely low. You can get good mid range weed, maybe some crappy genetics but grown real well, for 75 bucks an ounce. I have a friend who works retail, and he gets me good shit for 48 an oz. Compare that to 250 an oz for shit you know nothing about.

I get half ounces for 90$ here in SoCal from a friend who grows. Same dank they charge 60-65 an eighth for at the clinics.

They are really suckering people paying those prices. A lot of Mexican grow ups also putting name branding on their strains for hype. That punk Breal from cypress hill opening up dispensaries charging 65 an 8th for cookies strains and commercial ogs. Should be a crime to sell them for that much.

The real benefit to the government should be less money spent on court cases and prison for dope smokers, and not giving dope smokers criminal records so they have trouble obtaining meaningful employment.

Any money collected through legal sale is just a cherry on top IMO

Weed is overrated.

Good. Until every person in jail for weed is freed, fuck every single legal dispensary. How fuckin dystopian it must be to read an article like this from prison.

I forget what state it was, but they were not only going to remove the records for people who were just small time dealers, but also help set them up in the legal weed business.

Locally, Ontario is going to clear people's records as well.

The real benefit to the government should be less money spent on court cases and prison for dope smokers, and not giving dope smokers criminal records so they have trouble obtaining meaningful employment.

Any money collected through legal sale is just a cherry on top IMO

It's been a big issue here since a new law passed that would toss your case (even for murder) if you didn't get a trial in x amount of months (I think 18?).

Clogging up courts and jails with these petty charges is ridiculous.

Back