Economy Legal weed is not going as the government hoped.

Good. Until every person in jail for weed is freed, fuck every single legal dispensary. How fuckin dystopian it must be to read an article like this from prison.
What backwards ass logic is this? Lots of states are moving to remove people's past charges and all, but I really don't understand the position of "Fuck every single legal dispensary"

Just waiting on that legal black tar meth.

It's been a big issue here since a new law passed that would toss your case (even for murder) if you didn't get a trial in x amount of months (I think 18?).

Clogging up courts and jails with these petty charges is ridiculous.

Yeah it's a travesty, just saw an article about it last month, since 2016 when they put that new law in there's been close to a 1000 cases thrown out or around there, including a lot of violent crimes. Meanwhile a lot of these cases were delayed in order to prosecute non violent drug crimes. Sad.

Are dispensaries still cut off from banks?

I think a lot of the ones in the US are since the banks operate on a national level and weed is only legal in certain states.

In Canada it's legal nationally, so no problem for banks.

Weed is overrated.

giphy.gif

Should be 35/40 bucks for the best stuff you want. 1/8

Homemade edibles are perfect. Don’t need to buy many from a store.

However vape pens are a mana from heaven. I always want one. For concerts, road trips, hiking, hell any public event.

The legal weed in Canada is subpar and expensive. Like $15 for a gram. Meanwhile, I can get 30g (1oz) of good, not super dry weed for $80 from 'my guy'.

The legal weed in Canada is subpar and expensive. Like $15 for a gram. Meanwhile, I can get 30g (1oz) of good, not super dry weed for $80 from 'my guy'.

$15 is on the cheaper end in Ontario.

Heck I saw $20 "1g" prerolls the other day.

Should be 35/40 bucks for the best stuff you want. 1/8

Homemade edibles are perfect. Don’t need to buy many from a store.

However vape pens are a mana from heaven. I always want one. For concerts, road trips, hiking, hell any public event.

I imagine that prices will drop as more competition joins the marketplace. It will be like any other commodity.

$15 is on the cheaper end in Ontario.

Heck I saw $20 "1g" prerolls the other day.

In the shops I've been to in Vancouver, it seems to range from about $10-$17 for a gram. It's a fucking shame. They shut down all the Cannabis Culture stores here a couple of months ago, who sold pot without a license for years until legal weed came in. They used to sell 1g prerolls for $5 each. Perfect for a walk home from the pub.

3 to 1 illicit dealers to licensed ones. CNBC has a special called "Weed Killers" about how these illegal dealers are killing the legal companies. Good. lol. Sell this bubble.

LOS ANGELES - The parking lot outside a stark-looking dispensary on a busy Los Angeles street is almost full on a weekday afternoon. Inside, jars of weed line the shelves behind a counter and colorful signs show prices. But if everything looks normal, it isn’t.

The dispensary is part of a booming black market.

“The black market is a huge problem,” said Patricia Heer, an attorney and founder of Cannabis Law Digest. “In some states, it’s between 70% and 80% of sales.”

Many saw legalization of marijuana as a huge economic opportunity, but the reality is its potential isn’t fully realized. An underground economy is cutting into the profits of legal businesses. New Frontier Data, a Denver-based company that studies cannabis trends, estimates there are $70 billion in illegal sales nationally — seven times the size of the legal market. This means the legal market is “capturing only a fraction of total demand,” the company said in a summary of U.S. cannabis demand trends released this month.

In California, early projections anticipated annual cannabis tax receipts of more than $1 billion by 2018. But those predictions were far off, with $345 million actually collected last year, according to the state’s legislative analyst’s office and tax records. The black market is widely cited as a major reason for the lower numbers.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/07/11/las...reatens-the-growth-of-its-legal-business.html
This scum bag government still thinks it’s okay to put people in jail like animals for what they put in their bodies. These primitive fools are bringing us all down. The sad part is these fake freedom loving Americans let it happen. Our parents are all cowards and we are following in their footsteps.

$50 tax for every ounce where I am.

No fucking thank you.

I would call 1/3 expected ROI as a massive failure. Yes.

ROI? what was the investment?

And they cut 30% out of the 100% the black market had before legal, weed thats a huge fucking win if you ask me.

I figured there would still remain a large black market for weed. Imagine the states deep in debt looking for MJ revenues will try to crack down further on the black market.

What backwards ass logic is this? Lots of states are moving to remove people's past charges and all, but I really don't understand the position of "Fuck every single legal dispensary"

We put people in prison for a harmless crime. Then we decided that the harmless thing wasn't criminal. The absolute priority should have been to make amends with those people whose life we stole. Instead, we decided to profit from the exact same harmlessness that we ruined their lives over.

That's actually evil. Until every person in jail for weed is freed, not a single dispensary should have been allowed to exist.

In the shops I've been to in Vancouver, it seems to range from about $10-$17 for a gram. It's a fucking shame. They shut down all the Cannabis Culture stores here a couple of months ago, who sold pot without a license for years until legal weed came in. They used to sell 1g prerolls for $5 each. Perfect for a walk home from the pub.

Yeah I used to get pre rolls for the same price at the illegal dispensaries iknTornto as well. We had a CC store here too, but they got raided / prosecuted way worse than any other shop and were shut down early.

We put people in prison for a harmless crime. Then we decided that the harmless thing wasn't criminal. The absolute priority should have been to make amends with those people whose life we stole. Instead, we decided to profit from the exact same harmlessness that we ruined their lives over.

That's actually evil. Until every person in jail for weed is freed, not a single dispensary should have been allowed to exist.

I understand the frustration, but directing your ire towards those operating under the new legality of weed seems misplaced to me

I imagine that prices will drop as more competition joins the marketplace. It will be like any other commodity.

Or there will be price fixing and manipulation like many other commodities.

I understand the frustration, but directing your ire towards those operating under the new legality of weed seems misplaced to me

Fair.

Those people are making a living and that's fine and I understand that having morals is a luxury for some, but I think what they're doing is deeply immoral, whether or not it is legal, and I'm glad they are being undercut. I don't want them to lose all their money and be homeless and starve or anything, but whatever other legal thing they were doing to make a living before weed was legalized could use their talents.

Back