Economy Legal weed is not going as the government hoped.

The only way you fix this is not going to happen.

First the feds have to make it official a state controlled thing with a federal tax ( the same basic rate like alcohol).

Then you treat dealers like moonshiners with the feds coming after them.

If weed should be legal and controlled like alcohol then it actually needs to be controlled like alcohol.

2 reasons:
Prices and privacy
Most potheads dont want to be on some registry to buy weed. Or a lot of them dont. Couple that with really high prices and you wont get as much business.
It will work out though, the market is still in the infancy stages.
I would never pay more than 300/ounce though. Even that better be the real good shit. Any price higher and you might as well grow your own. You can put together a 5-10 plant setup for less than 2 grand.(way less if you are creative).

Yeah I would absolutely love to pay a higher fee to not ever have to deal with a drug dealer again. I have had great disdain for every weed dealer I've ever had to use. Paying a higher fee to be able to go to a store, with hours, that won't just flake out and be unavailable for no apparent reason..sometimes not even have bags..
Like it's not even a question to me.

If good quality legal marijuana were priced correctly it would smash black market marijuana. The price artificially high because of the government. Producing marijuana doesn't have to be nearly as expensive as it is now.

Yeah I would absolutely love to pay a higher fee to not ever have to deal with a drug dealer again. I have had great disdain for every weed dealer I've ever had to use. Paying a higher fee to be able to go to a store, with hours, that won't just flake out and be unavailable for no apparent reason..sometimes not even have bags..
Like it's not even a question to me.
I think every consumer would prefer that marijuana was as easy to buy as a six pack of beer. There's no reason it shouldn't be. If prices weren't artificially high, there would be very little reason for anyone to purchase black market marijuana if they could instead get it legally in a store.

I was sworn by the educated pot heads that legalizing it would get rid of cartels and drug dealers though

They are out of stock of the strands that are that expensive (White Buffalo and LA Confidential were the two I recall)

The have 2 here that are $53, which is still ridiculous AF. That is still $424/ounce.

https://www.trulieve.com/shop/flower

a few times a year, they give a spend $75 and get 75 free discount, or 20% off for various holidays like even July 4th.... But otherwise they get a strong no for my business.

Yup. Even back when I first started smoking around 20 years ago. There was hardly any of the awesome fire that is readily available now. And when it came around and was in short supply/high demand, the most I ever paid was $60. I don't buy 8ths from my guy, but the price he gives me turns out to be $27.50/8th and it is as good of bud as you can find at any dispensary.

I sell it to my brother and our friends for $70. I mean, you got to take a least a little profit for your troubles lol.

edit: not that I deal also. Just when I hook them up a couple times a year... as they smoke a lot less than I do

You can get pretty decent stuff online here sometimes as low as $99 / oz (Canadian)

Why not just grow your own? It's legal here where I live to grown your own plant, but I think you're only limited to 3 plants and can't be something like over feet tall

so what? if dispensaries offer something the average dealer or grower can't offer then they will attract business. It's called a free market. Where weed is legal dispensaries saturate communities. Guess what... compete or die...

It's not your average dealer or grower though. It's actual shops that are opening up and operating illegally with the same or similar products as the legal shops, except they aren't adding to tax to the product. It's not a level playing field and a serious problem here in California where I live.

I haven't smoked in a long time, but honestly, the most important thing is that it remains legal. Less arrests, less court cases, less incarceration. Let the market aspect of it play out however it will.

Just because it's not sold through a storefront, doesn't mean it shouldn't exist. Colorado is still running quite the surplus as well regardless of street dealers cutting into their business. I'm sure the dispensaries don't like it, but as long as the government is raking in the tax dollars, they won't do shit about it.

Why not just grow your own? It's legal here where I live to grown your own plant, but I think you're only limited to 3 plants and can't be something like over feet tall

Its a hassle for some of us. I mean I can brew my own beer or wine too, but I just don't have the time...also have kids at home as well.

Also, some people live in apartments and aren't allowed to grow it.

I think every consumer would prefer that marijuana was as easy to buy as a six pack of beer. There's no reason it shouldn't be. If prices weren't artificially high, there would be very little reason for anyone to purchase black market marijuana if they could instead get it legally in a store.

Getting weed for me is easier than getting a six pack already.

You can get pretty decent stuff online here sometimes as low as $99 / oz (Canadian)

that is awesome! I am visiting my friend outside of Ottawa later this year, going to have to do some research for him to have a stash ready for my arrival.

Getting weed for me is easier than getting a six pack already.
You have a unique situation. It was like that for me when I was in my twenties. Lot's of people can't easily get it without taking significant risk.

that is awesome! I am visiting my friend outside of Ottawa later this year, going to have to do some research for him to have a stash ready for my arrival.

The legal stores are pricey, but still good if you're here for a visit or just need some for the weekend. Great selections for sure. No edibles aside from liquid drops are legal here yet.

Maybe screwing people with 25% tax rate and
Recreational Micro dosing to maximize profit led to all this.
/thread

Back