Leg Presses

Status
Not open for further replies.
the only thing i dont understand is how you guys can be so against leg presses, and then a guy like matt hughes says he does leg presses as a part of his routine.

it almost seems to me like a lot of people are posers and to act like they know a lot they discredit a bunch of excersises even though professional athletes do them.

I mean would you guys tell matt hughes he works out like a fairy? lol.

What thethirddiaz said:
Plenty of fighters are successful in spite of their strength training, not because of it.
Is shockingly true, Gary. Have you seen the video of Chuck Liddell's training?

Oh, and:

MATT HUGHES DOESN'T HAVE A PREEXISTING LOWER BACK CONDITION.

*slams head against leg press*

A large portion of fighters either dont lift weights or lift with horrible programs that are grounded in bodybuilding or other similar based approaches. Just because X fighter succeeds by doing Y doesnt make Y something that should be emulated. Fighters succeed because of their skills training and conditioning. Although strength and power are huge benefits to a good fighter, they are by no means the most important factors to a fighter and so a good fighter can often mask his shitty lifting training. Also many fighters go to shitty coaches/trainers. Half the battle is choosing the right coach and with so many posers out there that it's a losing game for many fighters.

Just because I see a famous fighter do quarter squats on a smith machine with 185 lb doesnt make me think that it's a great exercise and neither should you.

leg presses work your lower back too....just not as good as squats..

doing-it-wrong-ball.jpg

Are you fucking retarded? Honestly it's bullshit advice like this that obscures the good stuff from people that actually know what they're talking about (like say from guys with inzer belts)

lol @ all these anonymous internet pussies calling seasoned man-machine Ascendant a 'clown'.

Thanks for the 6 month thread resurrection, and your wonderful contribution to this thread.

May you live long.

I don't see what the harm is in doing leg presses. Whats the difference if you are working the same leg muscle?

I don't see what the harm is in doing leg presses. Whats the difference if you are working the same leg muscle?

Go FAQ Yourself. I didn't even notice the date on the original posts. What's with all the old ass threads getting bumped lately?

So you bumped a six month old thread for this dumbass claim.
Is dumbass one word or two?

If you're using is as just a noun, one. If you're using it as an adjective AND a noun, two.

Go read the thread and see if you can answer your own question.

I didn't even look at the thread date until I saw my own post. I said to myself, "This is gonna be a retard of a bump, guaranteed." And it was.

We just call it the press, because how could you press without the shoulders? You can leg press... but that's gay.
-Rippetoe

I have some problems with my lower back and have started doing leg presses instead of squats.

I just wanted to get some opinions on this. How effective are leg presses compared to squatting?

Unfortunately, my training partner has reverted to this silly behavior. Its funny to see him fill the whole thing with 45's then lay a bar across the top with a couple more plates on it and attention whore himself but yet he would never get under the bar with 3 plates on it. Its good time right there

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back