Leg Presses

Status
Not open for further replies.

garyleeman2000

Brown Belt
Reaction score
I have some problems with my lower back and have started doing leg presses instead of squats.

I just wanted to get some opinions on this. How effective are leg presses compared to squatting?

I have some problems with my lower back and have started doing leg presses instead of squats.

I just wanted to get some opinions on this. How effective are leg presses compared to squatting?

fail.jpg

Rather then avoiding the problem why don't you work on your lower back?

Ive had alot of lower back problems over the last year and wasnt squating for about 6 months. I found that front squats were alot easier on my back so I did alot of those. I like to believe they helped recoup my back somewhat. Could be all in my head tho.

Are you going to get a fancy new vagina now that you've decided to be a woman?

sp901_Mr_Garrisons_Fancy_New_Vagina.jpg

Ive been leg pressing for a couple weeks now and I found that my legs are feeling very sore the next day after working out. So I thought maybe they were also effective.

When leg pressing I can go to failure. Do a strip sete to failure. and even do a third strip set to failure.

When squatting I often wouldnt go to failure because of my shaky back.

Sounds like your just making excuses to avoid doing something hard. ...Oh, what's with the url in your signature? There's nothing there but random links.

Ive been leg pressing for a couple weeks now and I found that my legs are feeling very sore the next day after working out. So I thought maybe they were also effective.

When leg pressing I can go to failure. Do a strip sete to failure. and even do a third strip set to failure.

When squatting I often wouldnt go to failure because of my shaky back.

You fail at life for even thinking leg presses could replace squats.

i actually dont think leg presses can replace squats.

im looking for some knowledge from ppl who know a lot more about this than I know.

btw doing three strip sets of anything to failure is hard. how effective it is is another question =)

lol im working on the links. There are good ones, theyre just buried under a lot of junk right now.

lol im working on the links. There are good ones, theyre just buried under a lot of junk right now.

go to stronglifts.com and look up lower back. Work on form, get foam roller, see a speacelist. DON'T USE YOUR LOWER BACK FOR DEADLIFTS OR SQUATS. Even it it drops your lifts by like 50 lbs initially.

go to stronglifts.com and look up lower back. Work on form, get foam roller, see a speacelist. DON'T USE YOUR LOWER BACK FOR DEADLIFTS OR SQUATS. Even it it drops your lifts by like 50 lbs initially.

How exactly would you be able to do this?

How exactly would you be able to do this?

I'm also curious about that.:D
Deadlifts without using the lower back.:icon_chee
I ask stylesbjj for permission to make his post my everlasting signature.

Thanks, Ill check out the site.

Right now when I do squats I dont go as heavy as Id like to make it a little easier on the back. This just doesnt feel natural to me as Id like to go heavier.

This is actually why i was wondering if lighter squats are better than heavier leg presses. In my next leg workout I think I'll do some squats and leg presses and see how that feels.

Thanks, Ill check out the site.

Right now when I do squats I dont go as heavy as Id like to make it a little easier on the back. This just doesnt feel natural to me as Id like to go heavier.

This is actually why i was wondering if lighter squats are better than heavier leg presses. In my next leg workout I think I'll do some squats and leg presses and see how that feels.

No you wont do any leg presses and you will go ATG with your squats.

If you think you have back problems, deal with them by finding out what causes them and adress the issues through rehabilitation measures or whatever other measures are necessary. See a qualified doctor if you are unsure about what causes your back pain or preceived lumbar instability. Simply not squatting or deadlifting because you felt a tweak in your back 4 years ago is gay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back