Lawsuit details show UFC screwing Mousasi, PPV points, unique Holly contract and more

I guess this is better, but in the end every contract must remain private and it only proves 2 things that we already know, there are better managers than others and as a result fighters get better compensation deals, being a legit draw can help a lot, but it seems some guys get better deals because on who does the negotiations.
true dat.... whoever overeem's manager is worked some magic imo. i dont think he wouldve got even half (okay maybe half) in any other promotion. 190 + 190 in his first ufc fight is freakin amazing. guy is 10-7 currently in the ufc and making 865 (flat rate) in a losing effort... im not sure the juice was worth the squeeze in this case, but i totally get why they signed him originally. guy is worth a hefty amount, but i just dont see them making a good return on their investment here.

Read the actual article.

Court testimony from experts, who have access to financial documents as afforded by the discovery process, are stating roughly 17% of total revenue is going to the fighters.

That paints the picture.

Overall, fighters are taking home peanuts.
Comparing MMA purse to Boxing purse recently shows this big time, Canelo seems to be earning over 30mill garanteed from DAZN, Crazy numbers were flying from Joshua vs Ruiz 2, i recall GGG making like 3 millions vs Jacobs, that sold like 200k PPV...UFC takes home most of the profits.

Read the actual article.

Court testimony from experts, who have access to financial documents as afforded by the discovery process, are stating roughly 17% of total revenue is going to the fighters.

That paints the picture.

Overall, fighters are taking home peanuts.
Similar % that tennis players and golfers get from their major championships.

Managers have limited leverage too. The last thing a manager wants to be known for is being the reason why a client did not get the gig.

Its not like they are trying to mess it up, they just suck. Look at Alverez, he fired his manager to higher Diaz's when he saw his contract. And Eddie has been in the game for a very long time.

Comparing MMA purse to Boxing purse recently shows this big time, Canelo seems to be earning over 30mill garanteed from DAZN, Crazy numbers were flying from Joshua vs Ruiz 2, i recall GGG making like 3 millions vs Jacobs, that sold like 200k PPV...UFC takes home most of the profits.
u get 10 +10 plus reebok money guaranteed with a 0-0 ufc record (not looking at total mma record)... im looking at a random BIG boxing card, fury vs wilder... some guys on the prelims were making 2.5k + 2.5k.... 22-0!!!!! are u kidding me? 22-0 in the ufc ur making 5 figures guaranteed.. 6 figures most likely.

Lmao I had to crack up at 50 dollars per diem. C'mon now its 50 bucks

u get 10 +10 plus reebok money guaranteed with a 0-0 ufc record (not looking at total mma record)... im looking at a random BIG boxing card, fury vs wilder... some guys on the prelims were making 2.5k + 2.5k.... 22-0!!!!! are u kidding me? 22-0 in the ufc ur making 5 figures guaranteed.. 6 figures most likely.
the only 22-0 boxer on that card was Hurd who’s purse was $1 million that night. I’m not sure who you’re thinking of because no one in boxing is making 2.5k + 2.5k because they don’t use win bonuses in boxing.

the only 22-0 boxer on that card was Hurd who’s purse was $1 million that night. I’m not sure who you’re thinking of because no one in boxing is making 2.5k + 2.5k because they don’t use win bonuses in boxing.
i will admit, 100% i saw his opponent made 2500, so i assumed it was 2500 + 2500. i know the top guys usually make a flat rate, but i coulda swore i saw ruiz would get a win bonus for beating anthony a second time... anyway, check it out 22-0 isaac lowe made 5 grand.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deontay_Wilder_vs._Tyson_Fury

How much is the owner of amazon worth? Or the owners of walmart?

Can you tell me any walmart or amazon employees that are millionaires?

them included as well. only difference is their product is goods, not human beings. Sure they have humans working for them that carry out jobs, and are paid accordingly because they have normal jobs like normal people. When your only product is the fighter, in a prize fighting/show business/professional athlete show they need to be paid properly. Without them, there is no show, period. But yes, someone like Bezos has way too much money, there should be some sort of law protecting people from getting that rich, and if they do they should be FORCED to give charitable donations or forced to raise employee pay. . Because why? because who in the fuck needs 30 billion dollars, let alone 1....and its called spready the wealth and not being a greedy scumbag.

Why would any owner / management pay someone double what they are worth on the open market?

And “huge profit” is relative to the investment being made.

I get your point about investment made, but when your companies profits are exceeding 10billion dolalrs a fucking year, give me a break, they can take 1% of that and pay people extra.
Double was an exaggeration.....

there are some guys that are paid well, and I would say fairly. That's FEW. The UFC estimated 980 million - 1.1 billion revenue for 2019. Their estimated EBIDTA is 50%.
That's 490,000,000 - 550,000,000 profit for the year. Take 1% of that and divide it amongst the 600 some odd fighters on the roster, and that's 8-9 grand a year extra per fighters. 1% ….. LOL.
Take 10% of that which is what in reality at minimum what is deserved, as being said before, without them there is no fucking show, plain and simple. 10% and that's 80-90 grand across the fucking board for every fighters on the roster. Take away the ones that are
actually being compensated well and I don't know what the number would be but it would be more. This would entice more people to get into the sport, attracting better athletes, and also allowing the current fighters to train better, live better, eat better, everything better, thus allowing them
actually perform to their potential, instead of having to have other jobs, or eat ramen noodles and lettuce wraps just to make ends meet because they get paid 10k twice or three times a year....how the fuck u gonan perform when youre eating shit food because your poor....

The short conclusion: dont get into pro mma as an income !!

Very very few make it and even with them many still get ripped of and live in poverty when in premier org of the world.

Just do near any other pro sport or Work a regular job while enjoying ma as a hobby

i will admit, 100% i saw his opponent made 2500, so i assumed it was 2500 + 2500. i know the top guys usually make a flat rate, but i coulda swore i saw ruiz would get a win bonus for beating anthony a second time... anyway, check it out 22-0 isaac lowe made 5 grand.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deontay_Wilder_vs._Tyson_Fury

Tough to see a guy 22-0 only make 2500. Sucks eh?

when i read the title, i assumed there was some type of actual screw job.
sounds like mousasi signed a contract for a certain pay structure, and thats exactly what he got. not exactly what i called screwed...
might have signed a shitty deal thats less than he is worth, but that was his decision.

Lowe's record was 15-0-3 going into that event.
oh. i looked at the current record..

ouch, there goes my street/sherdog cred...

still, bad pay for a guy with that record. he made a whopping 10 grand against hernandez in his latest fight. cool

oh. i looked at the current record..

ouch, there goes my street/sherdog cred...

still, bad pay for a guy with that record. he made a whopping 10 grand against hernandez in his latest fight. cool
He's British and his promoter is Queensbury so there's a high possibility that the majority of his purse is being paid by them. That's very common in boxing.

Back