News Latest updates on 'The Korean Zombie' from his recent YT video

Gio

Wendy Belt
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
According to KZ's latest video, his shoulder that got popped in the Ige fight is quite a serious injury. He said he will be needing more time or even (consider) a surgery and will be out indefinitely.

TURN ON ENGLISH SUBTILES

Cliffs:

- After Volk/Ortega and Max/Yair, people expected him to call out names, but he knows he shouldn't do that coz he's still dealing with shoulder problems and won't be fighting anytime soon.

- He'd fight anyone in a heartbeat if he wasn't hurt and in pain.

- He was diagnosed with a SLAP tear and admits that though it doesn't hurt all the time, it does interfere in his professional life coz he is experiencing pain in training, especially in the ground.

- Surgeons recommend that he surgically corrects his tear while his PT recommend rehab. He's afraid that since it will be his 2nd shoulder surgery, it might take him more that a year to fully heal up so he chose rehab instead and if it goes well, he estimated that he could be back in 6 months.

- UFC recommended a stem cell therapy and he's definitely interested.

- Would consider taking surgery if it continues to be a problem after rehab. His health is his priority now.

- He still hopes to fight Max or Volk in his return, but if they say no to him, he'll fight Arnold Allen or the winner of Kattar/Giga. Would love to fight Dan Hooker too.

- He still wants to fight Max way more than Volk since Max fought every one on the top 5, except him.

- Jokingly said that people warned him that Max might kill him in the ring, but he's confident with his style and knows that it wont happen.

- He says "Max dives right into the fight and I'm good at taking those (styles), I'm not the one to back away from something like that. I'm different. He fought guys who are experienced with out-boxing, I enjoy in-fighting."

- He said, win or lose, the Max fight will be a fun one. He wish Max would consider fighting him but he fully understands if Max has other plans and chose to fight for the title. He ended the video saying he still have great respect to Max.

Click the link to check out more videos from Korean Zombie's YouTube channel. It has english subtitles.

Should of just got the surgery immediately after the fight, what a moron. Now he's gonna be out until late 2022 or warly 2023, & he's not getting any younger.

Hopefully he can come back & put on 1 more fun legends fight & then retire.

He had that huge layoff due to korean army as well right?

Honestly probably good for his brain big picture wise to have these unwanted layoffs, he took a shitload of abuse early in his career and continues to rack it up these days

That sucks. It's already been nearly six months since that Ige fight, so I thought that he'd be recovered. Featherweight is great, but Top ranked featherweights just can't stay active at all these past few years

I like him and his fighting style !
Wish him speedy recovery ...
he will succeed it , he is a Zombie , L☻L !

Sadly, he's always injured... I wish him a full and speedy recovery.

And I hope he finally gets to fight Max. Max needs time off anyway after his brutal fight with Yair so the timing could actually work out.

We already lost him for two years cause of that army sh!t, now this...

Disappoint.. :(

great cliffs, thanks. and definitely prefer to see a Max throw down over a Volk UD

What a dissapointment his last 2 fights were.
What you talking about his loss against Ortega was disappointing but he beat Ige handily in his last fight and looked good .

This sucks to hear this though . With the Army layoff and now this I think fans will probably look back on his career with some meloncholy for lost potential after he retires . Glad he's focusing on his health though and best wishes. Huge fan of the Korean Zombie one of the funniest FW fighters of all time imo .

Well FUCK.
Anyhow I hope KZ comes back soon and better.
I wanted to see him fight again soon, I really like this dude's personality and style.
:rustled:

Should of just got the surgery immediately after the fight, what a moron. Now he's gonna be out until late 2022 or warly 2023, & he's not getting any younger.

Hopefully he can come back & put on 1 more fun legends fight & then retire.
I'm sure Zombie will take your input into consideration in the future.

Back