late 40's Anderson still competing at the highest levels in combat

Agreed, but Chavez Jr is widely considered a bum here in Mexico, most agree that while he might not had been all that bad he made it because of his last name and its been on a decline for years.
He defended a world title multiple times. Never the best at any weight but still elite.

The GOAT. Not up for discussion.
Well shit that is easy..

He is way better than the following

Jones
GSP
Fedor
Khabib etc..

But you say "Not up for discussion" So I guess you are less than Confident in defending that stance.

I gained real respect for AS when he went up a weight class to fight DC on very short notice. He did this knowing that he would probably get wrestle fucked. He's kinda like a smarter, more coordinated, more successful version of the Diaz brothers.
Not only short notice vs DC, but a DC that trained for Jon Jones lol. 3 days notice or something. Crazy.

And I, after all these years, still wanna see Silva vs. RJJ
<{jackyeah}>

Edit.- a 12 rounder, yo!

Well shit that is easy..

He is way better than the following

Jones
GSP
Fedor
Khabib etc..

But you say "Not up for discussion" So I guess you are less than Confident in defending that stance.
I just meant nobody can convince me he’s not the best ever

at 43 he rolled off his couch and went to a decision with DC a weight class above his own.
at 45 he went toe to toe and gave izzy the toughest fight of his life aside from Jan.
He isnt a prime athlete any longer but he still has enough heart and meddle to compete not only with the best and scariest guys in the world, but also in unfamiliar territories as well.

This is why Anderson is the GOAT. Its not just his accomplishments in the cage, its the willingness to go places other fighters have never gone even in his late 40s.

gsp crawled out of the sport at 32 after being gifted one of the WORST decisions in the history of sport against a 70% Hendricks. Georges was bloodied and beaten terribly in that fight. So much so, he ran out of dodge never to be seen or heard from again until he cherry picked a 40 year old one eyed lucky champ.
Bones is bulking up but he has yet to accept a fight at hw and hes only 33.
Anderson is doing what no one else has really done in the sport. Maybe Randy comes in 2nd but he couldnt cross over into boxing and beat a former champ with a huge name in their home country.

you talked as much about GSP as you did Silva

and please. 70% USADA Hendricks is 103% of any normal welterweight. I think post-USADA Hendricks proved that.

gsp crawled out of the sport at 32 after being gifted one of the WORST decisions in the history of sport against a 70% Hendricks. Georges was bloodied and beaten terribly in that fight. So much so, he ran out of dodge never to be seen or heard from again until he cherry picked a 40 year old one eyed lucky champ.

I left in the 5th round of that fight (Hendricks). When I later heard he won a decision I was confused.

Top Level? He wasn't fighting Jake or Logan.... ;) But really damn impressive though. Jones Jr next for that Triller payday...

Last edited:
This is why Anderson is the GOAT. Its not just his accomplishments in the cage, its the willingness to go places other fighters have never gone even in his late 40s.

Except GOATs in every sport are determined by their performance in their respective sport, overall.

Silva doesn't need you moronic logic to be considered one of the GOATs. He already is.

The fact you feel the need to invoke GSP and Bones' names rather than just talk about Silva on his own highlights you're not even secure in your opinion.

So state your case as to why?
Because nobody has been as dominant as him in my opinion and I think he’s by far the best striker in UFC history, not to mention he has pretty solid BJJ. Nobody beats prime Silva p4p

I liked OP's post until I saw he shat on GSP.
You don't need to shit on someone's achievements to bigup your man especially when you are talking about Anderson Silva!!!
His accomplishments speak for themselves.

What gets me are the people who keep bringing up bad Chavez Jr is and that he hasn’t been good in ages. Well Anderson is in his mid 40’s...soooo...lol

lol, poor TS. Couldn't even make this thread without insulting Georges.

But I guess once you say "Anderson is the GOAT" everyone knows what you have to address.

Anderson looked really good for being as old and worn as he is. I was really happy for him - he obviously trained hard, and showed a lot to everyone.

Anderson Silva is a fuckin G. You can tell he took that seriously and didn't just show up to collect a paycheck, he was the best possible version of himself that he could be at 46 years old, and that 46 year old just so happens to still be a monster.
According to a lot of people around here there's no such thing as fighting for the love of the sport and it must be for money. It's just not possible.

No, lol. Highest level is facing Canelo for the belts. Or facing Usman for the WW belt. This is two old guys with names in an exhibition.

Back