L.A. Clippers = $2 Billion

New ownership, renewed interest in the team's success, shitty period for the Lakers, he could turn the team into a major franchise. When the redsox got sold 12 years or so back, they were a similarly middling to bad team, within a few years they had two championships.
The Red Sox were definitely not a middling/bad team before that. They were simply the red-headed stepchildren to the Yankees. The wild card was effectively created for the Red Sox & Yankees so that both could make the playoffs every year, and the strategy worked. They've gobbled up the lion's share of those WC's in their respective leagues when they didn't make the playoffs outright. But the Red Sox were a perennial top team who were most famous for "the Curse". They weren't by any means the Cubs (who just manage to just generally suck year in and year out).
Forbes valued the team at $575 million back in January. I seem to remember a similar low figure for the Dodgers before they were sold for ~$2 billion. Forbes now values them at $2 billion. Hmm. What will Forbes' NBA values look like next year?
And they had the Bucks at like $300-$350 million. They sold for $550 million. Then there was Brooklyn. It's been this way for years. At this point, when I look up the valuation of a sports franchise by mainstream sources, I just tack on 50% to whatever estimate they make, and assume that's the minimum.

The Red Sox were definitely not a middling/bad team before that. They were simply the red-headed stepchildren to the Yankees. The wild card was effectively created for the Red Sox & Yankees so that both could make the playoffs every year, and the strategy worked. They've gobbled up the lion's share of those WC's in their respective leagues when they didn't make the playoffs outright. But the Red Sox were a perennial top team who were most famous for "the Curse". They weren't by any means the Cubs (who just manage to just generally suck year in and year out).

And they had the Bucks at like $300-$350 million. They sold for $550 million. Then there was Brooklyn. It's been this way for years. At this point, when I look up the valuation of a sports franchise by mainstream sources, I just tack on 50% to whatever estimate they make, and assume that's the minimum.

I think the team was, at the time of the sale, worse than the current clippers team. They won one playoff series in 15 years prior to the sale, and were flailing just outside of the playoffs for a couple years prior. The front office, though not as bad in hindsight, had grown a little stale and the team needed a shakeup to take that next step. Obviously the redsox were not as historically bad as the clippers, but they were in, at the time of the sale, a similar state of not quite good enough.

lol, 2 billion dollars for the worst franchise in NBA history, lead by Griffin and Paul, two lifetime losers.

Lead by two of the most marketable and exciting players in the nba. Also, ive always read they turned a decent profit even in all the years they were tanking hard (I dont have a source or numbers on that so anyone could correct me if I am wrong). And when ur buying a franchise the current roster shouldnt be a major deal breaker or incentive either way, unless u have a lebron/kobe/yao ming international superstar

Seattle Clippers... I like the Sound of that. But the tears of people from L.A. will be just as good.

Also, fun fact: I've been to Balmers house and even once babysat his kid Sam.

Want to know the craziest shit?

If she had waited one more day, would have gotten another 500 million for the team. But hey 2billion is 2billion

Sterling planted this whole episode

Seattle Clippers... I like the Sound of that. But the tears of people from L.A. will be just as good.

Humble brag

So you grew up amongst the wealthy and elite?

Tin foil hat time: Sterling's been around the league for a long time. Wanted to fight the sale and was willing to have his "Nino Brown" episode in public. League has "incentives" for Ballmer to make it worth Sterling's while.

Please someone tell me how a garbage team like the Clippers is valued higher than the Yankees...

I already asked this question and still haven't gotten a response from anyone who might know why.

If a team moves to Seattle, chances are they would take on the SuperSonics name.

it proves that racism pays

he's lucky he got re-outed when his team was actually winning

They make 20 mil a year from TV now. After the new TV deal, they are going to make around 200 mil a year. The guy is Rich and wants a team. He has tried for years to buy various teams, and even build a arena in W WA.

Please someone tell me how a garbage team like the Clippers is valued higher than the Yankees...

I already asked this question and still haven't gotten a response from anyone who might know why.

Well it's simple if they were to sell the Yankees then the Yankees would fetch a much higher price

Current valuations of the Yankees are not real or market based, it's just someone pulling a number out of their ass

Well it's simple if they were to sell the Yankees then the Yankees would fetch a much higher price

Current valuations of the Yankees are not real or market based, it's just someone pulling a number out of their ass

Yeah, this.

If the Yankees went on sale today, $10 billion paid for them wouldn't surprise me at all. I could see higher.

That's alot of money.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back