L.A. Clippers = $2 Billion

And they had the Bucks at like $300-$350 million. They sold for $550 million. Then there was Brooklyn. It's been this way for years. At this point, when I look up the valuation of a sports franchise by mainstream sources, I just tack on 50% to whatever estimate they make, and assume that's the minimum.

You might be on to something. Bids are in on the Buffalo Bills which Forbes values at $870 million. Bids are around $1.3 billion.

Forbes cans it up when it comes to valuing sports franchises. They don't factor in that many teams rarely go on sale.

Wow..had no idea. How long till they move to Toronto?

Won't know until the deal closes at the earliest, if at all.

If that's an eventuality, I doubt it happens very soon. The Bill's lease prohibits the team from negotiating with any group intending to move the team. There's been leaks that the Rogers group has been considering a move to Ontario, it's doubtful they could believably claim "well we weren't going to move them then, but we are now that we've closed the deal." So there could be a legal battle between the new ownership group and (presumably) the county that owns the stadium*. I bet that takes a while.

*If that's the case, though. I'm not all that clear on who owns what and what the exact agreements are.

The NFL will have a team in LA before they let a team play in a 3rd world country.

Damn so much money for a team that has never won and will never win anything....Can't imagine what a team like the Los Angeles Lakers or the Spurs would be worth...

Lol @ all the dumbasses itt that obviously don't know anything about the NBA.

the only reason why they're worth that much, is because they're in l.a, right? i can't think of another reason why.

the only reason why they're worth that much, is because they're in l.a, right? i can't think of another reason why.

TV deals really drive up the price. The Bucks sold for an absurd amount for a team no one cares about.

That'll show that old racist. He can't say fucked up stuff in a secretly recorded private conversation and not get a few billion dollars for it. Not on the league's watch.

Yeah they're in a primo market.

Which for the same reasoning, I can't understand why LA can't field a football team. They had two at one point and they all moved away.

I'll tell you what?

This was probably ballmer's dream as a kid or something to own that team.
So he's buying it even though i don't think 2 billion is a good price for him.

Back