Kurt Angel wants to challenge Conor McGregor to a fight

http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/2016/0812/615445/kurt-angle-talks-challenge-for-conor-mcgregor/

His challenge for Conor:

"I'd like to challenge Conor. Take five bumps with me in the ring. Just five bumps. When I did that for the first time, I took three and said, 'F--- this, I'm quitting.' I quit for a couple days and my manager talked me into going back. I know how Dana White and Conor continue to bash the business, but I challenge either of them to get in the ring with me and take five bumps. Once they do, they'll realize how tough it is–and that's not even a fraction of what it takes to be a pro wrestler."
Still fake play fighting. Who cares if it hurts to fake getting your ass kicked you still faked getting your ass kicked.

lmao Kurt Angle is one bad bump away from a full body cast

Conor would whoop the fuck out of him in a real fight also

Kurt Angle has better credentials than most fighters in the UFC. Just because he's a pro wrestler doesn't take away the fact he was a real Olympian Wrestling medalist. He would fuck up Conors world. If mini Mendes ragdolled Conor, think what Angle would do.

Brock seems to take bumps pretty well. Punches? Not so much.
Brock got addicted to pain killers because of the constant bumps he was taking every night. He never got time off to recover from his injuries which is why he quit wrestling for a good period.

Kurt Angle has better credentials than most fighters in the UFC. Just because he's a pro wrestler doesn't take away the fact he was a real Olympian Wrestling medalist. He would fuck up Conors world. If mini Mendes ragdolled Conor, think what Angle would do.

Mendes is a trained MMA fighter that was forced to stand with Conor before he took him down.

Pro wrestlers would need time to train to stand a chance against Conor. Even if Kurt Angle took Conor down, then what? Anyone can clasp their hands together and hold someone down, but if it's MMA then you have to be active or you get stood up. What would he do? Does he know how to retain guard, half guard, side control, or mount? Can he posture up and throw punches? Can he prevent Conor from slipping away and getting back up to his feet while trying to be active on top?

This isn't a black and white issue of "guy can wrestle so he will take down striker and win." People have come into MMA with incredible wrestling credentials, actually trained MMA and still done horrifically bad. Not only this, but your body needs to get accustomed to fighting. They would gas, quickly. Wrestling shape is totally different from being conditioned to fight.

Kurt Angle would get fucked up, and I don't like Conor an iota

Who the hell is Kurt Angel ???
Let em get into the ufc and win a few fights before this to be taken with any reverence or seriousness....whoever he is.

Mendes is a trained MMA fighter that was forced to stand with Conor before he took him down.

Pro wrestlers would need time to train to stand a chance against Conor. Even if Kurt Angle took Conor down, then what? Anyone can clasp their hands together and hold someone down, but if it's MMA then you have to be active or you get stood up. What would he do? Does he know how to retain guard, half guard, side control, or mount? Can he posture up and throw punches? Can he prevent Conor from slipping away and getting back up to his feet while trying to be active on top?

This isn't a black and white issue of "guy can wrestle so he will take down striker and win." People have come into MMA with incredible wrestling credentials, actually trained MMA and still done horrifically bad. Not only this, but your body needs to get accustomed to fighting. They would gas, quickly. Wrestling shape is totally different from being conditioned to fight.

Kurt Angle would get fucked up, and I don't like Conor an iota
Exactly, look at cejudo, able to take DJ down but easily pushed pff and destroyed in clinch

http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/2016/0812/615445/kurt-angle-talks-challenge-for-conor-mcgregor/

His challenge for Conor:

"I'd like to challenge Conor. Take five bumps with me in the ring. Just five bumps. When I did that for the first time, I took three and said, 'F--- this, I'm quitting.' I quit for a couple days and my manager talked me into going back. I know how Dana White and Conor continue to bash the business, but I challenge either of them to get in the ring with me and take five bumps. Once they do, they'll realize how tough it is–and that's not even a fraction of what it takes to be a pro wrestler."
I'd rather take 5 "bumps" than 5 of Conor's straight lefts.

Last edited:
Shit+just+got+real_91480c_3820774.jpg

Kurt Angel was such a bad ass in the 90s. It's a shame these days he's been reduced to telling stories about how bad ass he would be in MMA if it wasn't for his neck injuries.

Every time a reporter brings up MMA related news to a pro wrestler, you can see how mad they get. They are mad because they are in the business of fake story telling. They hate it. Their ego hate every part of it.

Many of them were foaming at the mouth when Brock Lesnar left to do MMA. They were so angry at him.

But I still respect Kurt Angel. It's a shame he wasn't born years later when the UFC was becoming popular. I am sure he would have been awesome. With that being said; Kurt Angel should give up on the tough guy act and leave it to the younger generation.

Where in that quote did he say that he wanted to fight Conor?

We're not pussies, I challenge you to a fake fight. The first time I fake fought, I quit halfway through. Let's see you last a whole fake fight with me, tough guy.

Back