Kurt Angel wants to challenge Conor McGregor to a fight

Yeah. 200lb Kurt Angle is going to beat 170lb elite UFC fighter in MMA... what the hell am I even reading. Like at a 30lb weight disadvantage elite fighters can beat actual fighters. Imagine a 45 year old broken shell wrestler with absolutely no skills outside of wrestling 20 years ago fighting a prime KO artist. Laughable.

Kurt Angle looks like someone that would collapse due to exhaustion after 1 takedown attempt

Kurt Angle looks like someone that would collapse due to exhaustion after 1 takedown attempt

He wouldn't have a clue how to even approach a takedown in modern MMA. He would be a deer in the headlights and probably curl up and get blasted

Seems McGregor really is heading for WWE, then.

Arrange to call them out, cause a bit of fake 'beef' and then agree to step in the ring with a wrestler.

fd9da46ef2b15d1995bf1039814eb792d55c026155f744cb6f45c3be42202d9b.jpg

Chow approves of this thread

all u guys do is troll and put pics /gifs for likes u guys are a bunch of whores no respect for you. Diaz brothers dont approve of u bitches. Now first I need to say that Lil B song is a joke and everything that comes from him is a joke as well that guy is shit. Second, the fight would go like this : Either McGregor knocks him out with the left or angle would wrestle fuck him to death (kurt angle can actually wrestle really good, im sure he hasnt forgot, insticts are insticts).

http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/2016/0812/615445/kurt-angle-talks-challenge-for-conor-mcgregor/

His challenge for Conor:

"I'd like to challenge Conor. Take five bumps with me in the ring. Just five bumps. When I did that for the first time, I took three and said, 'F--- this, I'm quitting.' I quit for a couple days and my manager talked me into going back. I know how Dana White and Conor continue to bash the business, but I challenge either of them to get in the ring with me and take five bumps. Once they do, they'll realize how tough it is–and that's not even a fraction of what it takes to be a pro wrestler."

I CHALLENGE KURT ANGLE TO DO 5 BUMPS WITH JON JONES!!!!

Mendes is a trained MMA fighter that was forced to stand with Conor before he took him down.

Pro wrestlers would need time to train to stand a chance against Conor. Even if Kurt Angle took Conor down, then what? Anyone can clasp their hands together and hold someone down, but if it's MMA then you have to be active or you get stood up. What would he do? Does he know how to retain guard, half guard, side control, or mount? Can he posture up and throw punches? Can he prevent Conor from slipping away and getting back up to his feet while trying to be active on top?

This isn't a black and white issue of "guy can wrestle so he will take down striker and win." People have come into MMA with incredible wrestling credentials, actually trained MMA and still done horrifically bad. Not only this, but your body needs to get accustomed to fighting. They would gas, quickly. Wrestling shape is totally different from being conditioned to fight.

Kurt Angle would get fucked up, and I don't like Conor an iota
This all day.

Hate to break it to the wrestletards, who have proven time and time again their monumental stupidity.
Pro wrestling is a demanding physical sport and they are great athletes. But, (here it comes you idiots)

PRO WRESTLING IS NOT FIGHTING.

I know that hurts your basement dwelling mommys boy senses but it's true. The matches are scripted, and there's signed contracts of the outcome of every match.

THEY TRAIN ACROBATCIS NOT FIGHTING.

They're pretty good at it, and good actors and athletes too.

Pro MMA fighters train fighting, the finer points of it, all aspects of, all the time. Foot work, head movement, takedowns, ground game. Actual combat.

The difference of skills is huge. Even Kurt Angle.

You all really need to accept that, and take your heads out of your arsels.

Your ignorance makes actual educated MMA fans sick.
Yes.

It's crazy that people still think this. 0 striking and 0 BJJ - that's enough for him to get submitted if he got in for a take down. People seem to think Kurt would just have a free ticket to clasp his hands around Conor and through him. He's got to close the distance first and not get caught coming in. If he rushes in we've seen what Conor can do

It's sad on two counts:

1. people still think WWE guys could hang with MMA fighters (Brock is different. He's a trained MMA fighter)
2. People hate Conor that much they are in agreement with MMA guys.

Kurt Angle almost got his arm broken here. Refs saved him lmfao. This dude would get wrecked.

It was hilarious.

Taz's response is ridiculous too. Suggesting WWE > UFC. He wasn't a UFC fighter you no neck midget.

Not sure what he means by bumps.

It's where all guys grab hold of you in the locker room, pin you to the ground face down ass up, stuff a pair of dirty gym socks in your mouth to muffle your screams and then take it in turns giving you your 'bumps'. All while Vince Mcmahon watches on.

6zdseqS.gif

Conor is a pro fighter. Real fighter. Even if Kurt did get a hold of him and tried to GnP he would have another whole set of problems on his hands with about 20 subs he's unfamiliar with. I'd take Conor over almost all these muscle bound actors. Brock would Hurt Conor though because he's practically a real fighter too with years of mma training.

Any of you guys ever roll or just watch early UFCs know what I mean. Size only matters when skill is close.

Last edited:
Nah, conor's lithe, ballerina-like body wouldn't be able to handle those bumps. He'd be a broken man, just like he was at that post 196 presser.

how tough are wrestlers if they need to be doped up 24/7 to do their job?

Back