Kung Fu

Originally posted by guichoke
BJJ is a sport - not a martial art. u cant put much of a triangle on someone if they jab their thumb in your eye. I fu wanna learn to fight on the street - BJJ is part of it, but TJJ would generally be more effective in reality. BJJ also goes out the window if more than one person is involved.

TJJ training is usually highly UNREALISTIC as it can't be practised full-contact like BJJ can. Have you even DONE IT? It's a joke!

Also, if you put a triangle on someone and they attempt to use their free hand to gouge you, or bite, all you have to do is check their hand with one of yours, or jab THEM in the eyes! They should be biting their OWN ARM, but if not, just gouge THEIR eyes and they'll stop!

BJJ DOES NOT go out the window if more than one person is involved. You'll still be better able to defend yourself on the ground than you EVER could with Kung-Fu Training! Kung-Fu training ain't gonna mean SHIT when you get out-numbered, and even MORE LIKELY GROUNDED!

As for you Bishop, put it this way: Some punk on the street who wants to gouge you is an animal. Some PURPLE BELT BJJ'er on the street who wants to gouge you is a MUCH MORE DANGEROUS ANIMAL!

YOU TWO ARE DUMB and you're a bunch of "Ninja Turtle" WANNABES! :mad:

Originally posted by FreakyFighter
TJJ training is usually highly UNREALISTIC as it can't be practised full-contact like BJJ can. Have you even DONE IT? It's a joke!

Also, if you put a triangle on someone and they attempt to use their free hand to gouge you, or bite, all you have to do is check their hand with one of yours, or jab THEM in the eyes! They should be biting their OWN ARM, but if not, just gouge THEIR eyes and they'll stop!

BJJ DOES NOT go out the window if more than one person is involved. You'll still be better able to defend yourself on the ground than you EVER could with Kung-Fu Training! Kung-Fu training ain't gonna mean SHIT when you get out-numbered, and even MORE LIKELY GROUNDED!

As for you Bishop, put it this way: Some punk on the street who wants to gouge you is an animal. Some PURPLE BELT BJJ'er on the street who wants to gouge you is a MUCH MORE DANGEROUS ANIMAL!

ok, dumbass..if you would have read my post..you would have noticed that I said it's about "SURVIVAL"..meaning: do whatever you have to do to protect yourself..jackass. did I say once to use a flying kung fu eye gouge? did I say to do a spinning dragon tail chin to the eye? no!! I said do whatever you have to do to protect yourself. BJJ nuthugger

Originally posted by Bishop
in a street fight..I can't picture BJJ being effective. like Gui said..how can you execute moves with somebody is poking you in the eye? biting your left pinky off? punching you constantly in the nuts (don't know how joe son did it..but, he's a warrior:D)?

in a street fight..in all honesty, everything is thrown out of the window. it's not about technique..it's just about survival. it's all about instincts..not technique. does it take technique to grab a board, a trash can, and/or a glass bottle and bust it over a guys head? if it does, I wanna go to that class.

plus, if it's more than one person, what are you gonna do? ask the other guy to stand to the side until you choke out his friend? or wait for a tag? it's about throwing punches, kicking like a madman, biting, and eye gouging :D

but, BJJ is good for MMA....

have you ever heard of the martial art form Sari-an. Anyway I guess you havent since its in the philippines. it is a form of fighting where you learn to use keys, cellphones, sticks, etc to defend yourself. You learn how to hit the groin, the plexus, parts of the head. It is 'streetfighting' The gym that teaches it Def-Tac also teaches kickboxing, boxing (one of their instructors was ranked 2nd in the country at one time), filipino stickfighting (pekiti tirsia) and sport BJJ (part of the royce gracie jiujitsu network). They have a great record in submission wrestling in the philippines as well, and hold NHB events once in a while.
I am sure there are artforms like this availible wherever you are from but if you ever stop by the islands this is the artform i'd reccomend. it is ruthless, efficient, and based on reality not on tradition and comes from a wealth of sources. These guys don't shun MMA they embrace it and adapt it to the streets.Besides you could learn some BJJ on the same day if you choose.

ok, dumbass..if you would have read my post..you would have noticed that I said it's about "SURVIVAL"..meaning: do whatever you have to do to protect yourself..jackass. did I say once to use a flying kung fu eye gouge? did I say to do a spinning dragon tail chin to the eye? no!! I said do whatever you have to do to protect yourself. BJJ nuthugger

You were inferring BJJ CANNOT be used to any effect in self-defense, and that no training was just as good. That is BOOOLSHEEET!!! All you have to do is "throw in some dirt," ya dumb prick.

You were inferring BJJ CANNOT be used to any effect in self-defense, and that no training was just as good. That is BOOOLSHEEET!!! All you have to do is "throw in some dirt," ya dumb prick.

i'd really like to see somebody triangle 2 guys at the same time..then, i'd be sold

i'd really like to see somebody triangle 2 guys at the same time..then, i'd be sold

No-one would be dumb enough to try you stupid moron.

Why not get the fuck off Sherdog! If you don't appreciate martial arts being good for self-defense, you are serving no purpose other than wasting my time and everyone elses. Why the FUCK do you care for martial arts if they aren't any good!? If violence and foul-tactics are all that matter, go and join one of those stupid little "street-defense tactics" groups, who dress in camouflage and are all scared little boys inside - insecure loners, who couldn't fight out of a wet paper bag, got bullied in highschool for being geeks, but now find security in knowing 5 different ways to slice out somebody's spleen.

Some punk on the street who wants to gouge you is an animal. Some PURPLE BELT BJJ'er on the street who wants to gouge you is a MUCH MORE DANGEROUS ANIMAL!

If that doesn't make any sense to you, YOU'RE A DUMB ASS!

just pondering - but as a fighting system how old is Kung Fu?

yes i have done it - in fact i do it, and its fuckin excelent. |Its only if a joke if its not taught properly which is unfortunatley common. Pull your head out of your ass. BJJ is not much good 4 realitity street fighting, cos its designed with rules in mind, and only oneon one - u prat.

perhaps if u wont listen to me you'll listen to this guy

QUOTE FROM F.SHAMROCK ( to me) "submission fighting is pretty usless on the street. Your not going to go into thge guard if someone is brandishing a knife, and all your choke and locks go out the window if more than one person is involved. If ure interseted in street fighting, your better off learning modern arrest and retraint techniques "
by the way - most modern arrest and retraint techniques are based on TJJ.

No-one would be dumb enough to try you stupid moron.

Why not get the fuck off Sherdog! If you don't appreciate martial arts being good for self-defense, you are serving no purpose other than wasting my time and everyone elses. Why the FUCK do you care for martial arts if they aren't any good!? If violence and foul-tactics are all that matter, go and join one of those stupid little "street-defense tactics" groups, who dress in camouflage and are all scared little boys inside - insecure loners, who couldn't fight out of a wet paper bag, got bullied in highschool for being geeks, but now find security in knowing 5 different ways to slice out somebody's spleen.

Some punk on the street who wants to gouge you is an animal. Some PURPLE BELT BJJ'er on the street who wants to gouge you is a MUCH MORE DANGEROUS ANIMAL!

If that doesn't make any sense to you, YOU'RE A DUMB ASS!

listen here mate..i'm only going to say this once

I respect BJJ and MMA fighters. BJJ is excellent for a controlled environment, such as: tournaments, MMA events, challenge matches, etc.

but, BJJ is not the way to go in a street fight. against one person, sure. but, if it's more than one person and you're alone..are you gonna try BJJ? honestly. swallow your pride here for a moment and think about it.

in a street fight..are you going to:

A) fight dirty. do whatever you can to protect yourself and those around you

or

B) use technique that will not be able to protect yourself from other assailants than the one you are fighting at the time being

again..think about it. quit with all this macho bullshit with BJJ pride. BJJ is good for controlled environments and 1-on-1. but, it's not good against a group of people

SO FUCK U!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

by the way i love BJJ!! its by far the most fun

NO SYSTEM is truly effective for multiple attackers. PERIOD. Some training does help, but it is low-percentage in effect. (Lower percentage of working as you train it).

TJJ CAN be good, and I don't care how great you think yours it, but NEXT TIME DON'T DISRESPECT BJJ just because you don't do it!

Originally posted by guichoke
perhaps if u wont listen to me you'll listen to this guy

QUOTE FROM F.SHAMROCK ( to me) "submission fighting is pretty usless on the street. Your not going to go into thge guard if someone is brandishing a knife, and all your choke and locks go out the window if more than one person is involved. If ure interseted in street fighting, your better off learning modern arrest and retraint techniques "
by the way - most modern arrest and retraint techniques are based on TJJ.

strange how Frank Shamrock agrees with what i'm saying :D

NO SYSTEM is truly effective for multiple attackers. PERIOD. Some training does help, but it is low-percentage in effect. (Lower percentage of working as you train it).

TJJ CAN be good, and I don't care how great you think yours it, but NEXT TIME DON'T DISRESPECT BJJ just because you don't do it!

ok, now you're being a hypocrite

hows fuck off sound. Your starting to really piss me off

i do do BJJ, and i also to other martial arts, so i believe i can talk more intelligently about it than u. U are clearly a narrow minded asshole, who thinks BJJ is the be all and end all on martial arts.
I bet your one of these pricks who think they can tap out anyone.GET SOME PERSPECTIVE.

Hypocrite? WTF?

LISTEN UP! TJJ CAN BE GOOD, if taught properly, though usually not, therefore it usually is a joke, but BJJ is valuable too, so no matter what you think of it, DON'T DISRESPECT IT! I realise BJJ is not "complete" but don't say BJJ sucks just because it doesn't focus on all aspects of combat! BJJ is good at what it does!

I wouldn't even have mentioned a word if not for the blatant disrepect for BJJ oozing from your posts!

NO ONE said bjj sucks - no one disrespected it. the only person who is being disrespectful is u. U said tjj was a joke.

So you're saying that BJJ is not effective for a situation (multiple attackers) that it's not intended to be effective in? Isn't that a bit redundant?

Let me also add that BJJ is fully aware of the ability of your opponent to bite and otherwise use dirty tactics, and this has not hindered its success in Brazil or in the USA.

I was about to say the same thing but you beat me to it.

What a vast majority of anti-BJJ'ers are missing one MAJOR point -- ANYONE can fight using dirty tactics. In a survival situation, you're both going to be on an even playing field in that respect. A BJJer and a Kung Fu guy can eye gouge with EQUAL effectiveness. Why? because you CAN'T practice eye gouging or groin hitting in a REAL context ever. So, when it comes to that, the kung fu guy cannot be any better at it then the average guy on the street.

Taking the "dirty" tactics out of the equation, we are left with the following: the ability to control position, physical stamina, how accustomed each person is to a "live" fight and how strong/quick the person is. Because BJJ is practiced "live" with full resistance, I think the BJJ guy has the advantage. Kung Fu and TJJ and Karate etc rarely practice "full contact" so they are not sparring "live". The BJJ guy would have better position control (because that's a major aspect of BJJ), probably better stamina (I have seen MANY fat/out of shape kung fu/karate "masters", but most BJJ guys are in good shape). He'd also be used to someone grappling with him giving full resistance -- at least more so than the Kung Fu guy. Advantage: BJJ by eye gouge from the mount!

Back