ko's in mma are overrated

erivera

Orange Belt
Reaction score
i just say that because i've been getting tired of hearing how cain shouldn't be fighting jds and that cain has no shot against jds in a rematch because he got knocked out. in mma, fighters are given a huge advantage in terms of finishing fights in the sense that once you knock a guy down you can jump on him with elbows and punches to finish a fight. it's frustrating to listen to. cain is a very good fighter, and a knockdown followed by shots afterwards shouldn't disqualify him from being able to fight jds again.

also for all those ppl who say cain has no shot because he got knocked out in the first fight just look at manny pacquiao and juan manuel marquez. in their first fight pacquiao knocked down marquez three times. if they fought in mma pacquiao proabably would've finished marquez with some ground and pound, but because it was boxing marquez was able to recover and the fight was a draw. after that fight they went on to have 3 other great fights.

this rematch between cain and jds should be a really good fight. i'm looking forward to it, and hopefully it delivers. both guys are great fighters.

If anything then boxing has the flaw. You don't let people up in fights. That's bullshit. JDS KOd Cain. End of discussion. Cain has a good chance to win but suggesting it should be a standing 8 count is nonsense. That doesnt replicate a fight. This is fighting. JDS KOd Cain in a fight.

The OP has the same effect of "Armbars are over-rated because you still have another arm to fight with so technically you havent lost."

GTFOH

History certainly doesn't always repeat itself.

That said you can't call Juniors win a fluke. He used his timing and technique to knock Cain the fuck out. Junior should be the heavy favorite in this rematch.

This KO was almost as bad as Gonzaga CroCop. No one needs to see Gonzaga Crocop 2 to know what would happen AGAIN.

Manny Pacquiao got knocked out because he'd fought 30+ rounds with Marquez and got wild against one of the finest counter punchers alive.

Cain got knocked out because he has glaring deficiencies on the feet.

Not really comparable.

i just say that because i've been getting tired of hearing how cain shouldn't be fighting jds and that cain has no shot against jds in a rematch because he got knocked out. in mma, fighters are given a huge advantage in terms of finishing fights in the sense that once you knock a guy down you can jump on him with elbows and punches to finish a fight. it's frustrating to listen to. cain is a very good fighter, and a knockdown followed by shots afterwards shouldn't disqualify him from being able to fight jds again.

also for all those ppl who say cain has no shot because he got knocked out in the first fight just look at manny pacquiao and juan manuel marquez. in their first fight pacquiao knocked down marquez three times. if they fought in mma pacquiao proabably would've finished marquez with some ground and pound, but because it was boxing marquez was able to recover and the fight was a draw. after that fight they went on to have 3 other great fights.

this rematch between cain and jds should be a really good fight. i'm looking forward to it, and hopefully it delivers. both guys are great fighters.

I really hope it is, these 2 guys are definitely the top 2 best HW's in the world (although Overeem could really spring up there with an impressive win over BigFoot)

ko's in mma are overrated
please
6T5st.gif

Knockouts in MMA are overrated. I like to see a diversified skill set displayed in the cage. That being said, JDS knocks out Cain.

History certainly doesn't always repeat itself.

That said you can't call Juniors win a fluke. He used his timing and technique to knock Cain the fuck out. Junior should be the heavy favorite in this rematch.

this

HEY GUYS LOOK! another cain fan who doesnt like to think about the first fight.

If Cain only lost because he got pounded on after being rocked&dropped, what's keeping it from happening again? This is MMA.

Lets see JDS perform another thumb-first KO, but I'd rather not have it be on Cain.

Back