Konstantin Erokhin: Finally Some Legit New Blood In The UFC HW Division

He looked undersized against Rogers, sadly. He's probably not quite big enough for the division.

[YT]tEaxtLPP9xw[/YT]

Reminds me of Vovchanchyn.

skill and conditioning is the issue, cormier is the same height as him and did damn well

Honestly, if you are a heavyweight, just focus solely on cardio and you'll probably make it to the top 5.

Honestly, if you are a heavyweight, just focus solely on cardio and you'll probably make it to the top 5.
Some basic day one side control escapes wouldn't hurt either though.

I'm pretty sure LHW/HW are the only divisions in the UFC where the average tier fighters actually can't escape side control.

it genuinely baffles me that if anyone dislikes the lower weight classes or female fights they get called a non mma fan but somehow it's socially acceptable to bash the heavyweights

It should be acceptable to criticize poor MMA. That goes for any division. It just so happens that out of the male divisions, HW is clearly the thinnest and has a very concerning lack of prospects (or any talent under 30 for that matter). I mean, people should expect that there simply aren't as many people worldwide who are athletic and that big, but the HW division has not always been in such dire straits.

The UFC HW division has been in desperate need of some new blood. They have tried pretty hard to get some by signing a lot of new guys, but the majority of them have fallen flat. Guys like

Ruan Potts
Jack May
Walt Harris
Derrick Lewis
Jarod Cannonier
Josh Copeland
Anthony Hamilton

have all either just completely failed, or have already lost early in their UFC careers and most likely are not gonna amount to much.

But Konstantin Erokhin seems like a legit future top 10 guy. This guy is a monster and has viciously finished just about every guy he has fought. Already holds some pretty decent wins over Brett Rogers, Dave Huckaba, Richard Odoms, and Sokoudjou.

Really think this guy could make waves in the UFC, or at least give us some highlight Ko's.

1355784921erokhin.jpg

Erokhin.vs_.Rogers.Fight_.jpg

20121220115502_IMG_3484.JPG

he looked worst than all the guys you mentioned

The guy is fast, strong, has pretty good movement, and throws bombs. Not a bad addition to HW roster. I would like to see more straight punching from him though. Every single punch he threw was a hook, uppercut, or haymaker. Those shots definitely have their place, but some solid 1,1,2 combos would be nice too.

Chris Barnett needs to get on a treadmill and join the UFC heavyweight division.

Back