Konstantin Erokhin: Finally Some Legit New Blood In The UFC HW Division

melvinj0

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
The UFC HW division has been in desperate need of some new blood. They have tried pretty hard to get some by signing a lot of new guys, but the majority of them have fallen flat. Guys like

Ruan Potts
Jack May
Walt Harris
Derrick Lewis
Jarod Cannonier
Josh Copeland
Anthony Hamilton

have all either just completely failed, or have already lost early in their UFC careers and most likely are not gonna amount to much.

But Konstantin Erokhin seems like a legit future top 10 guy. This guy is a monster and has viciously finished just about every guy he has fought. Already holds some pretty decent wins over Brett Rogers, Dave Huckaba, Richard Odoms, and Sokoudjou.

Really think this guy could make waves in the UFC, or at least give us some highlight Ko's.

1355784921erokhin.jpg

Erokhin.vs_.Rogers.Fight_.jpg

20121220115502_IMG_3484.JPG

Nobody can save the ufc's heavyweight division bro. The belt is just cursed.

Mir got stripped
Lesnar had a hole in his stomach
And Cain.....

Nobody can save the ufc's heavyweight division bro. The belt is just cursed.

Mir got stripped
Lesnar had a hole in his stomach
And Cain.....

I really don't care much about who holds the belt, I just want there to be a little bit more depth in the division.

Yup I think he's legit
But Ruslan says hello

He fought Rogers to a decission, that doesn't spell out legit new blood to me.

Yup I think he's legit
But Ruslan says hello

I like Ruslan, just doesn't really seem like a world beater. Both his UFC wins so far seemed kinda safe and he has more of a grinding style (albeit a stand up grinding style). I see a few knockout losses in his future.

I like Ruslan, just doesn't really seem like a world beater. Both his UFC wins so far seemed kinda safe and he has more of a grinding style (albeit a stand up grinding style). I see a few knockout losses in his future.

Copeland has some KO power and Ruslam could avoid it very well

I'd like to see him vs some guy like Rosholt, a good wrestler, and if he can pass that, I think he will be a legit contender

Copeland has some KO power and Ruslam could avoid it very well

Like to see him vs some guy like Rosholt, a good wrestler, and if he can pass that, I think he will be a legit contender

The Rosholt fight could be good, or maybe someone like Soa or Duffee.

the ufc should be dishing money out left and right to smaller orgs to get them to run heavyweight tournaments or something... it's nice to see a couple of guys coming through but still it seems like there are so few good guys in the ufc outside the top 5-6 and these new, interesting signings are still few and far between!

The same guy who ko'd Arlovskii in like 10 sec, pretty impressive to me.

5 years ago though to be fair... bj penn was still LW champion when that happened and i don't think anyone would call him legit new blood if he was to come back today

(that's not an effort to knock him but 22 seconds 5 and 1/2 years ago doesn't necessarily equate to lasting quality)

The same guy who ko'd Arlovskii in like 10 sec, pretty impressive to me.

This

Plus Konstantin pretty much dominated Rogers in that fight. He avoided everything Rogers threw at him and landed some solid punches and kicks. Just because he didn't get the finish shouldn't take away from the fact that it was a good dominant win.

Andrei Arlovski has a KO loss to Brett Rogers and is in the Top 10.

That in itself is pretty impressive, however Rogers has pretty much been on a decline following that.

the ufc should be dishing money out left and right to smaller orgs to get them to run heavyweight tournaments or something... it's nice to see a couple of guys coming through but still it seems like there are so few good guys in the ufc outside the top 5-6 and these new, interesting signings are still few and far between!

5 years ago though to be fair... bj penn was still LW champion when that happened and i don't think anyone would call him legit new blood if he was to come back today

(that's not an effort to knock him but 22 seconds 5 and 1/2 years ago doesn't necessarily equate to lasting quality
)

I think he is basically just using it to say that Rogers isn't so bad that if you can't finish him it means you are not a legit fighter. Alexander Volkov failed to finish Rogers as well and he has proven himself to be a very good HW.

That in itself is pretty impressive, however Rogers has pretty much been on a decline following that.

True, but it's not like Konstatin lost or even came close to losing to Rogers. It was a fairly one sided fight, he just didn't manage to land that one big shot on Rogers to put him out.

[YT]NR1-tiV67iI[/YT]

He looks pretty legit to me. His headmovement and footwork seems very good for a HW and his boxing is pretty scary for a guy that only has 10 pro fights. Not saying he would beat Cain now but the guy sure seems talented. He seems to have some brutal power also, very nice lead hook. Oh and his speed for a HW is unreal, reminds me of Fedor abit.

Ruan 'The Ruiner' Potts will still be champion in 2016. Explosive and athletic African genes FTW.

Not that it necessarily matters but Konstantin looks kind of short.

He is not 6 foot 5 so Sherdoggers are going to say he should fight at LHW.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
herrsackbauer
Back