Konstantin Erokhin: Finally Some Legit New Blood In The UFC HW Division

third post for this guy I am posting in.

2 minute gas tank.

This guy trains for 1/2 round, after that he is ded

tgood example of the size of the fighters not always correlating with excitement, people were cheering alot in the previous flw fight

Why was this guy hyped to begin with? He never looked that great to me, and 5'11 is quite small for the HW division. Good physique, but will never climb the rankings in the division IMO.

While I picked Erokhin to win, people who hadn't seen the Magomedov fight were definitely sleeping on Pesta.

Hopefully Pesta pans out. His cardio was impressive against Magomedov so I'm attributing his pace against Erokhin to the damage he sustained in the first round. He's only 24 as well which is nice to see in such an old division.

Why was this guy hyped to begin with? He never looked that great to me, and 5'11 is quite small for the HW division. Good physique, but will never climb the rankings in the division IMO.

Russian. Beat guys that are not good but people have heard of.

I agree with the poster above that people were underrating pesta.

Was this another complete and utter disappointment, or were there some bright spots?

He's too heavy thus has no ags tank, he is wild, he is super raw technically, he has very meh grappling, he has average TDD and yeah.
I hope he gets his weight down to 230, polishes his striking a bit and learns some defensive grappling because I like him but right now he'd get knocked out by a top 10 HW

Yeah, Erokhin is good, I seen him fight in Moscow in 2013, he should be able to beat the Bigfoots and Mirs of the division, maybe even Stipe and Overeem. But he is strong and fast for a heavyweight, has great counters.

ouch.

Was this another complete and utter disappointment, or were there some bright spots?

For the first two minutes he chased Pesta around the ring hitting him with some good shots. Then he gassed and the rest of the fight was horrible.

Yeah..that was bad.

His cardio looked terrible, and he fought at 229. The weight cut to 205 could make his conditioning even worse.

[YT]NR1-tiV67iI[/YT]

He looks pretty legit to me. His headmovement and footwork seems very good for a HW and his boxing is pretty scary for a guy that only has 10 pro fights. Not saying he would beat Cain now but the guy sure seems talented. He seems to have some brutal power also, very nice lead hook. Oh and his speed for a HW is unreal, reminds me of Fedor abit.

He doesn't lose a step between the knock down punch and the finishing flurry - he is right on top of it.

He does look solid.

He fought Rogers to a decission, that doesn't spell out legit new blood to me.

He looked undersized against Rogers, sadly. He's probably not quite big enough for the division.

[YT]tEaxtLPP9xw[/YT]

Reminds me of Vovchanchyn.

Back