KJ Noons, a little info please

Noons started out as a kickboxer, just like WK and VK....

Noons is a very good striker for MMA, but will never sniff being a contender in boxing. I still remember his dad doing "get rich in Real Estate" shows years ago. I'd root for Noon's though, because he claims to be from Kailua-Kona, HI. my hometown.:icon_chee

is he considered a local boy out there?

his Boxing record is unimpressive, fights at very small shows, wont be stepping up any time soon

He fights at 154-160. The guy is way too small to make it in those divisions.

is he considered a local boy out there?

Not really. I mean a lot of people will root for him because he claims he's from here, but he will never have the backing like a BJ, Aina, Kala Hose or even Charuto for example. I think he was born here, but raised in California?

Not really. I mean a lot of people will root for him because he claims he's from here, but he will never have the backing like a BJ, Aina, Kala Hose or even Charuto for example. I think he was born here, but raised in California?

yup he was doing all the yelling "San Diego" stuff and then when he gets a fight in Hawaii hes from Hawaii now with reeves and all . Like Brian Viloria was the Hawaiin punch till he started seeing other Filipino fighters getting love from all Pinoys , now he comes in with a Philipines flag . ... whatever .

but on the other hand

KJs main asset is that he has Gary Shaw backing him up . his chin is qestionable .but he can test his opponents also . He got KTFO by a guy that works out by playing basketball . (Crazy horse Bennet )

he also called out Mayweather and ODLH .

I don't see Nick Diaz competing with Noons unless he changes his strategy to brawl less. He can't outstrike Noons.

i see it a round and a half of stand-up and they'll eventually hit the ground.

From there its a wrap.

Diaz has better cardio and a 5-round fight benefits him.

I'm bummed people want to talk about the confrontation rather than Nick's kimura to full mount transition. That was a thing of beauty.

he has said his boxing record is still green and he needs more experience

at 7-1 with questionable opponents he has a long way ahead of him but he had the same long road in mma and look at where he is now

i see it a round and a half of stand-up and they'll eventually hit the ground.

From there its a wrap.

Diaz has better cardio and a 5-round fight benefits him.

I'm bummed people want to talk about the confrontation rather than Nick's kimura to full mount transition. That was a thing of beauty.

YouTube - Champ KJ Noons talks about his win over Nick Diaz

I watched Diaz fight Mike Aina in person and maybe that's why I'm not thrilled about Diaz. It's obvious that Diaz is a tough MoFo but if he fights Noons 10 times he gets cut every time. Diaz has to figure out a way to throw his hands faster or to take Noons down.The only way he beats Noons is if he catches him with a punch or sub.

was that kimura to full mount transition in his last fight?

I watched Diaz fight Gomi in person, which is why I'm thrilled about it.

I'll admit that Diaz has got good jujitsu and sick cardio, but I can't stand his punk ass wanna be gangsta attitude. It also pains me to watch a guy who's punching power makes Calvin Grove look like Tommy Hearns.

I guess you saw his best fight and I saw his worst.

kind of the story of his career. up and down.

i can agree with everyone thinking he's a punk. He brings it on himself.

The minute the fights gets to the ground its over. KJ has to melt Diaz and can't depend on cuts this time. I just dont see KJ fighting 5 rounds on his feet. To me he has to knock him out.

I'll admit that Diaz has got good jujitsu and sick cardio, but I can't stand his punk ass wanna be gangsta attitude. It also pains me to watch a guy who's punching power makes Calvin Grove look like Tommy Hearns.

lol did you hear the Elite XC blow by blow guy compare him to Alexis Arguello? Claiming Arguello was a pitty patter.

I love when the announcers discuss Diaz's striking and power and then you see his opponent at the end of the fight, barely a mark on his face.

Diaz is what he is, and he's a love/hate guy. He's never going to be a top ten guy until he learns to wrestle a little bit.

lol did you hear the Elite XC blow by blow guy compare him to Alexis Arguello? Claiming Arguello was a pitty patter.

I was so apalled by the comparison that I made it my sig to ridicule Stephen Quadros. I've never liked his commentary.

Back