KJ Noons, a little info please

that one dude

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
How good a boxer is KJ Noons? His striking seems well adapted to MMA from what little I've seen: technical, fast, and accurate. Of course, I'd like to see him fight some better competition, or rematch Diaz for an actual finish.

I was wondering if his boxing record might be any indication of his striking skills. Unfortunately, I don't follow the sport at all and I was wondering is someone more educated could tell me. His record looks alright at 7-1, but I have idea the quality of competition.

Is his striking really all that and a bag of chips? thx :icon_chee

I didn't see any names that sounded familiar at all on his boxrec.

lol, he fought some guy named Damon Franklin who was 6-21-0.

lets be honest for a second there a different standard for when your striking with someone who trained bjj or wrestling all his life to when you fight a pure boxer who trained solely in boxing

mma standing is a lot to do with good takedown defense

Gary Shaw said KJ Noons will be the first ever Boxing and MMA World champion.

*shrugs* Take that for whats its worth lol

wasnt too sure about him, but after the yves fight im a believer. he smokes diaz in the rematch.

The guy lost to a 5-6 fighter he will never be anything in boxing.

MMA fans put too much into pro boxing experience. It basically just mens someone paid them to box. It doesn't mean they automatically become more skilled strikers because of the pro experience.

If I'm not mistaken, Jeff Monson has an undefeated pro record in boxing but his striking in MMA is pretty weak.

MMA fans put too much into pro boxing experience. It basically just mens someone paid them to box. It doesn't mean they automatically become more skilled strikers because of the pro experience.

If I'm not mistaken, Jeff Monson has an undefeated pro record in boxing but his striking in MMA is pretty weak.

I wonder if Boxrec meant Jeff Monson?

Jeff Munson

Same DOB and weightclass as mma's Jeff Monson.

Noons is a very good striker for MMA, but will never sniff being a contender in boxing. I still remember his dad doing "get rich in Real Estate" shows years ago. I'd root for Noon's though, because he claims to be from Kailua-Kona, HI. my hometown.:icon_chee

Back