Killing the King:JDS - TheStrikingGuy

Great job at spotting tendencies as always.

General knowledge and analysis. Meh.

And fuck me it's getting tiresome to see your love for Machida manifest itself as a reference point in every god damn piece you write...

Great job at spotting tendencies as always.

General knowledge and analysis. Meh.

And fuck me it's getting tiresome to see your love for Machida manifest itself as a reference point in every god damn piece you write...

I don't actually have any fighter love - they are all flawed and I avoid any gossip pieces about who they are as people but he is a brilliant example of several key principles.

If you can think of other prominent MMA fighters who only use in and out motions as effectively you can always substitute them when you read the pieces.

Look how Gonzaga got KOed during a kick:
Kicks are dangerous against JDS. Crocop, Velasquez, Gonzaga, Mir kicked him a lot and ultimately didn't work. I think Cain's best chance is to go straight for TD's (a la Fitch/Silva).

gonzaga lunged forward with the kick, which put him square into JDS' range with the punch. i'd imagine overeem or werdum could stay on the outside and attack the leg as long as they stay on the outside.

I don't actually have any fighter love - they are all flawed and I avoid any gossip pieces about who they are as people but he is a brilliant example of several key principles.

If you can think of other prominent MMA fighters who only use in and out motions as effectively you can always substitute them when you read the pieces.
Read the article on BE before I saw it here, Jack.
Props for another well written piece. I don't always agree w/ you but damn if you don't put great effort in your writings.

Good read! Makes some great points on both ends

Look how Gonzaga got KOed during a kick:

Dos-Santos-KO-Gonzaga.gif

Kicks are dangerous against JDS. Crocop, Velasquez, Gonzaga, Mir kicked him a lot and ultimately didn't work. I think Cain's best chance is to go straight for TD's (a la Fitch/Silva).

That was a stupid kick. You just don't run straight at the guy giving every warning possible. Anyone could have countered that

That was a stupid kick. You just don't run straight at the guy giving every warning possible. Anyone could have countered that

Yup - standing right in front of someone when you kick is a great way to get knocked out.

Is it just me or this article shows that JDS is even better than we think ? Comparing this one to Cain's-easy to hit and believing that Cain won't take JDS down, i can't expect anything else but a Dos Santos KO.

I heard someone saying somewhere that he wasn't allowed to post his articles on sherdog anymore since he is marketing himself or something.

Sounds very similar to ZP...i guess you gotta make money somehow

Sherdog (in particular the heavies board) has an aversion to intelligent posters. The mods do everything they can to drive them out, so they can keep the drooling masses under control. The mods are kind of like communists in that way.

So they kicked out thestrikingguy? That dude rarely knew what he was talking about.

It's funny that after the Mir fight some Sherdoggers were calling for JDS to stop using the body jab. Little did they know how much of his striking depends on it.

Good article as usual. I think JDS will be expecting those leg kicks though. Cain did some damage with them in the first fight.

I haven't seen any of your articles posted here ever since Cung Le made you eat crow. Not bashing, but he really did.

Great read, thank you. And this is more of a question and not a criticism of the article, but there isn't any talk of the fight hitting the mat. Is it just expected that Cain cannot take JDS down? Or is it that we don't know anything about JDS' ground game, and it would be speculation?

Edit: My bad, your name is the Striking Guy.

So they kicked out thestrikingguy? That dude rarely knew what he was talking about.

I always welcome counter analysis sir. We're here to discuss - but complaining without examples isn't very constructive.

I always welcome counter analysis sir. We're here to discuss - but complaining without examples isn't very constructive.

I disagreed with you a couple times on Fedor's striking, and you got mad, told me I didn't know what I was talking about and left the thread.

I disagreed with you a couple times on Fedor's striking, and you got mad, told me I didn't know what I was talking about and left the thread.

I'm sorry that I don't remember that man but if you'd like to bring up your technical points I'll happily address and debate them :D

I'm sorry that I don't remember that man but if you'd like to bring up your technical points I'll happily address and debate them :D

I want to say it was the first thread you posted. probably a year ago. The search thingy isn't working right now, at least for me, so I can't find it. It was called somthing like "Breakdown of a King" or somthing like that. I also pointed out in one of your threads that your GIFs rarely went with what you were saying, and when others agreed with me you made a comment about "sure are a lot of haters in here today" or somthing of that nature.

Back