Killing the King:JDS - TheStrikingGuy

I haven't seen him post his articles on here for a while so I thought I would share :)

I heard someone saying somewhere that he wasn't allowed to post his articles on sherdog anymore since he is marketing himself or something.

Classic ZP syndrome.

Sherdog (in particular the heavies board) has an aversion to intelligent posters. The mods do everything they can to drive them out, so they can keep the drooling masses under control. The mods are kind of like communists in that way.

Definitely a good read. In surprised more wasn't added about go no sen. Would make sense that if he likes stiff jabs to the body countering in this manner would be benefiting to any opponent

very good read. Striking Guy is one of the few MMA writers that make me feel like i actually learn something from reading his articles.

I heard someone saying somewhere that he wasn't allowed to post his articles on sherdog anymore since he is marketing himself or something.

Nah it was more to do with the not being able to post my full pieces without linking to BE.

If other people post and link to BE it's okay, but I'm the author so it's a little spammy! I'm just chilling in F11 and F12, behaving myself nowadays :p

Sherdog (in particular the heavies board) has an aversion to intelligent posters. The mods do everything they can to drive them out, so they can keep the drooling masses under control. The mods are kind of like communists in that way.

Ya it is really short sighted of the sherdog brain trust.

The most successful discussion/chat/blog sites online are ones like Huffington that encourage others who spend time trying to create intelligent content to donate their content to the site.

Sites like Sherdog that actively drive out anyone with any personal interest do themselves no favours but in a very shortsighted way think they are.

Great article, loved seeing JDS' counter left hook in action.

Ya it is really short sighted of the sherdog brain trust.

The most successful discussion/chat/blog sites online are ones like Huffington that encourage others who spend time trying to create intelligent content to donate their content to the site.

Sites like Sherdog that actively drive out anyone with any personal interest do themselves no favours but in a very shortsighted way think they are.

Yeah but the striking guy is writing those articles for another site, its only a conflict if he himself posts it on sherdog, because of advertising, copyright, etc that he might have with the other site. When others post its sharing a link. At least that's how I understood it.

Great article, thanks for posting.

Love these, bought the "Elementary Striking" book as well, has taught me a lot about countering and especially set ups.

Back