Kid Rock angers animal rights activists.

Oh so it's been done for their own good. lol

Which is worse?

Overpopulation where cougars die due to starvation and poor health or a healthy population that is controlled by hunting?

The only time I have a problem with hunting is if it is illegal, endangered or killed inhumanely. I personally wouldn't kill for sport or trophy, but as long as the previously mentioned stipulations are met, it still doesn't bother me. C'est la vie.

That's how I feel about it too.

I normally can't stand animal rights groups but I'll have to side with them on this. There's a difference between hunting a deer or pheasant you plan on eating, and a mountain lion you want to mount on your wall.
I usually hate animal right people but killing a majestic animal such as this should be a crime. Isn't it Ted and dickheads like him who are always saying over population of deers is a reason why they hunt them? Well, if you kill all their natural predators what do you think will happen? What a peace of shit he is.
Look, I love cats and I love mountain lions in particular. They are underrated and they are beautiful animals.

That said, as others have pointed out, these guys are hunting them to control their population so its not purposeless. I wouldn't do it but someone has to.
Dickheads like Ted meaning what? Load-mouthed men or hunters in general?
Come on, Ted definitely seems like a dick and it has nothing to do with his hunting.
I don't agree with mounting prey that isn't on your same level of intellect as a prize. It just proves you lack ambition. You must eat your prey or have a purpose and stuffing it is kind of weak.
Mountain lions are hardly defenseless creatures. They're like the Jose Aldo of big cats.

I normally can't stand animal rights groups but I'll have to side with them on this. There's a difference between hunting a deer or pheasant you plan on eating, and a mountain lion you want to mount on your wall.

how many so-called hunters do you think actually eat what they killed?
and how many of them actually have no other way to get meat, in other words, hunting out of necessity?

Are mountain lions at a healthy population in the U.S?

Probably varies in different regions. I wouldn't be surprised if you can hunt them in some states and not in others during the same time of the year.

I know there's this island of the coast of the Pacific Northwest full of them that has an unusually high rate of Mountain Lion attacks.

Who's braver though. A guy who hunts a large predatory mountain cat armed only with a bow and arrow or a guy with 6 months of experience going out big wave surfing?
I think we know the answer.

Oh so it's been done for their own good. lol

I don't agree with mounting prey that isn't on your same level of intellect as a prize. It just proves you lack ambition. You must eat your prey or have a purpose and stuffing it is kind of weak.

Who's braver though. A guy who hunts a large predatory mountain cat armed only with a bow and arrow or a guy with 6 months of experience going out big wave surfing?
I think we know the answer.

Sasha Siemel

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sasha_Siemel

of Brazil. Siemel's accomplishments in pursuing the large and often dangerous jaguar (the biggest cat in the western hemisphere and third largest in the world) are all the more impressive due to the fact that on many of his hunts he was allegedly armed only with a spear

Let's kill things until they are on the brink of extinction is a solid way of thinking. You sound like a simpleton.

Before I sound like some crazy anti anything person, I want to say I like guns and I like to shoot guns.

In the eastern US, they are almost gone. In the west, they are doing well within their habitat and are not even a 'threatened' species. Well enough that they chow down on about one hiker a year in the trails near my home. The near-extinction of cougars in parts of the east goes way the hell back in American history, not our fault. And honestly what use is a large cougar population in the east? Too crowded. We're managing them in the west and doing well. These cats, while beautiful and awesome in every way, are some roaming, opportunistic, sneaky dangerous motherfuckers and have no other predator. It's perfectly okay in the west to check them the hell out of our habitat with a projectile of your choosing.

how many so-called hunters do you think actually eat what they killed?
and how many of them actually have no other way to get meat, in other words, hunting out of necessity?

To the bolded: I'd bet at least 90%, if not more.

To the second part: wah. They followed the rules and legally took the animal. They don't have to answer to you or your delicate sensibilities.

Hunting wildlife and not eating it... just hunting to... hunt? One of the dumbest things humans do.

Yeah, it's a real piece of $hit thing to do...

it's the equivalent of me soccer stomping a stray cat...just because.

You have to be a sick twisted individual to do that.

I don't really have a problem with this as I know it can help with population control. I'm not a moron like many others. As long as he had a tag and the parks people have good management practices.

Poachers are the bad ones. They should be locked up for good. Fucking dirtbags are everywhere.

Kid rocks been bagging cougars since the 90s.

lizard-heh.jpg

LOL. Mountain lions don't overpopulate like deer or rabbits or bacteria. Look at California-no lion hunting or trapping allowed. They have a high lion population but they aren't starving to death.

Back