Kid Rock angers animal rights activists.

That was an impressive animal taken by Kid Rock.

I'm actually planning my own mountain lion hunt in about two years. My plan is to take a mountain lion, a black bear, a brown bear, and a grizzly bear all by the time I'm 50 (I still have some time yet).

Why, you may ask? Because I want to. It's my right as an individual, and I refuse to apologize for it like so many hunters do now-a-days.

For example, 3 years ago, I went on a bison hunt. That bison meat feed my entire extended family for a year and a half, but that wasn't the reason I went on the hunt. I went because I wanted a skull on my wall and a Bison rug in my living room (my daughter plays and falls asleep on it all the time, so cute :) ).

No one should ever have to justify or apologize for something that brings them happiness and doesn't concern anyone else.

Nothing wrong with that stance at all . . .

So no population control thoughts on that?

The numbers are getting pretty bananas, wouldn't you say?

Well yeah, I do have population control thoughts on that . . . they're just not very popular.

And really not the same situation.

Before I sound like some crazy anti anything person, I want to say I like guns and I like to shoot guns.

Whew... That was close. You barely dodged a mangina bullet with your name on it. :rolleyes:

I'm actually planning my own mountain lion hunt in about two years. My plan is to take a mountain lion, a black bear, a brown bear, and a grizzly bear all by the time I'm 50 (I still have some time yet).

Why, you may ask? Because I want to. It's my right as an individual, and I refuse to apologize for it like so many hunters do now-a-days.

For example, 3 years ago, I went on a bison hunt. That bison meat feed my entire extended family for a year and a half, but that wasn't the reason I went on the hunt. I went because I wanted a skull on my wall and a Bison rug in my living room (my daughter plays and falls asleep on it all the time, so cute :) ).

No one should ever have to justify or apologize for something that brings them happiness and doesn't concern anyone else.

Nothing wrong with that and in the process you will do much more to support the wild life then most of the anti-hunters here.

I don't have a problem with hunting, but I've always been creeped out by guys who feel the need to mount the heads of animals that they've killed on their walls.

You're an idiot. You want a challenge? How about going over to the ME and fighting ISIS?

Well yeah, I do have population control thoughts on that . . . they're just not very popular.

And really not the same situation.

Well then I guess I don't understand the population control POV.

please point me to the rule that says if you don't eat it you shouldn't kill it

I don't think there is a law, but it seems like waste not to. At the end of the day it's a natural resource.... seems like a purdent practice not to be wastful.

I kind of find the argument about killing the Mountain lion due to population control strange. We have to kill the Mountain Lion because it may starve because there are not enough deer. But we kill the deer as well which also takes the mountain lions food.

Nature will find it's balance for the most part without the intervention of humans.

Yeah, it's a real piece of $hit thing to do...

it's the equivalent of me soccer stomping a stray cat...just because.

You have to be a sick twisted individual to do that.
In terms of the population control argument, this example actually makes more sense since feral cats are very much problematic. However, stomping any animal is not necessary or recommended - just to be clear.

So...killing animals...just because...because you have nothing better to do, because it brings you "happiness" is okay in your book?

Got it.

You wanna go hunting sometime? If you ever try, you'll understand why people do it.

Do you know which animal currently needs its population controlled the most?

Calling pest control

predator.jpg

So...killing animals...just because...because you have nothing better to do, because it brings you "happiness" is okay in your book?

Got it.

Nothing better to do? People always can find something better to do. It doesn't matter where you're at or what you're doing at any given time. You could always argue there is something better to do . . .

If I didn't enjoy hunting I wouldn't do it . . . I do it because I can. I do it because I'm able to supplement my freezer.

So yes . . . I guess it brings me some level of happiness since I actually enjoy spending time out in the woods and bringing home an animal.

What's the problem? :(

You wanna go hunting sometime? If you ever try, you'll understand why people do it.

I understand the "thrill" of it...the camradirie I assume associated with tracking an animal, cornering it and killing it...

I could justify this if I were to consume the animal or if there was another purpose...however, I couldn't justify it for the sake of "just killing" something...

I find very little difference in this, and meeting up with some ole friends, getting some baseball bats and going to the local dog pound to smash their skulls with it.

Back