Khazmat opens as a -165 favorite over Leon Edwards

This is a like a betters dream come true. BUT, will still do not know how good hamzat is.

It'll be funny though to see leon end Dana's newest hype train. Watching Woodley defeat till still a classic

RDA was 100% a top 10 WW at the time Edwards fought him. Khamzat has never beaten any ranked MW. Think what you want of either guy but at least get basic facts straight.

Leon has proven himself to be worth of a title shot in the division. It is a massive step up for Khamzat. Mike Perry looked like him at one point in his career with brutal ko's. I don't know what to expect from the fight because you literally haven't seen enough of Khamzat to know what happens if his taken to deeper water. Definitely going to be a very telling fight.

He's on an 8 fight long win streak, how has he "literally beaten no one"? Do you know what the word literally means? Why shit all over Edwards just because you're favoring Khamzat?

You're projecting heavily. (I'm not a Khazmat stan and you're clearly an Edwards stan I guess?)

"He's on an 8 fight win streak" Right, did I ever deny that fact or suggest otherwise? Now list the names he's beaten.

I already listed them, his resume' is pathetic. Honestly, this is one of the most triggering things about Sherdog, people here just revere empty win streaks. Whether it's some clear B list Bellator fighter or Ferguson/Porier (who are both good sure, but their win streaks were overrated as fuck) or now Edwards.

All I am saying is why the fuck is Leon Edwards ranked 3rd at Welterweight and previous ranked 2nd I think (really 4th and 3rd) when his best win ever is Vincent Luque?

I'm glad every Leon Edwards fan in the world liked your post though lol. Nice to see them come out in full force.

tenor.gif

You could. If you were schizophrenic or just stupid.

Your whole argument is a mix of "Sure, A's ok now, but he wasn't good then," and "Sure, B was ranked good then, but isn't good now." Pick a school of thought and stick to it. All the while, Khamzat's sitting pretty on... what? Fucking Meerschaert? Come on

Well I'll ignore the schizophrenic comments because they are totally autistic...

No. First of all what I said was in reply to someone saying Edwards should be the favorite. Secondly, I've never said Khazmat has faced tons of quality opponents or beat anyone amazing either. But the difference is he's fucking eviscerated them.

I simply said Edwards' rank and win streak are overrated. Which they are. His best win, BY FAR, is Vincente Luque. He beat an over the hill Cowboy Cerrone, as a real WW, the same guy McGregor destroyed at WW as a fake 170lber that supposedly doesn't count for shit.

He's beaten a LW who moved up in RDA, Gunner Nelson, and Luque 4 years ago. Right. So why should that impress me again? Why should Leon Edwards be ranked 3rd in the division?

Well I'll ignore the schizophrenic comments because they are totally autistic...

No. First of all what I said was in reply to someone saying Edwards should be the favorite. Secondly, I've never said Khazmat has faced tons of quality opponents or beat anyone amazing either. But the difference is he's fucking eviscerated them.

I simply said Edwards' rank and win streak are overrated. Which they are. His best win, BY FAR, is Vincente Luque. He beat an over the hill Cowboy Cerrone, as a real WW, the same guy McGregor destroyed at WW as a fake 170lber that supposedly doesn't count for shit.

He's beaten a LW who moved up in RDA, Gunner Nelson, and Luque 4 years ago. Right. So why should that impress me again? Why should Leon Edwards be ranked 3rd in the division?
You're not making sense bro,

You said he "Literally" has no wins, and then named wins..

You said his best wins are against RDA and Cowboy, and now you're saying his best win is Luque.

You got the ranking wrong on Khamzat's opponent, he wasn't ranked.

Nobody said anyone has to impress you, it's fine if you're not impressed, don't watch it :)

I said schizophrenic because any other thought would be born out of a complete delusion from reality. Edwards should be the favorite. And you did say something about Khamzat's victories that you still haven't explained..
At least Khazmat fought a ranked guy at MW and knocked him dead.

Edward's rank and win streak is overrated, but only in the sense that he definitely did deserve it when he first got it, but has since not progressed while other people are still fighting and winning (arguable, as I list below). Any drop in ranking he should have from where he is right now would only be due to guys winning in his absence.

Why he earned that rank: He's got an 8 fight win streak. He choked out Tumenov who was #14 at the time. (Tumenov had just lost to Gunnar Nelson after a 5 fight win streak). He's Luque's only loss in a string of 11 fights. He didn't beat "the same" Cowboy Conor beat. The Cowboy he beat was more comparable to the Cowboy Till beat. Who was still good enough to knock out Yancy Meideros, Alex Hernandez, tap Perry, and beat Iaquinta, which was good enough to maintain #11 at welterweight. Gunnar was still good enough to tap Oliveira at the time to earn a #13 ranking and to save himself from falling too far after being blinded by Ponz. And the cap of that streak was RDA. Now, I realize RDA fell far since, but really only for losing to top guys. You have to think of where RDA was at the time Edwards beat him. He had moved up to welterweight while still highly ranked at lightweight. RDA went backwards for welterweight opponents, dominating #11 Saffedine, #6 Magny, & #2 Lawler. Think of him as washed or undersized now if you want, but he deserved his position. He fought Colby in a competitive fight for the interim title, then lost to Usman. Literally the two best guys at the weight. Then he rebounds with a welterweight victory of #7 lightweight Kevin Lee. RDA very much deserved to be #4 at the time, so Edwards beating him very much deserved taking the #4 spot from him.

So the question is, since Edwards was #4 since July 2019, what welterweight got a win / streak to surpass him? Covington remained above him for beating Lawler & Woodley. Masvidal remained above him too, by beating Nate Diaz. (Notice how those are opponents who, when looked at with as strict of a magnifying glass as the one you used against Edwards' competition, are also washed and shit). Burns rocketed past him by beating 4 opponents; Kunchenko, Gunnar, Maia, and Woodley. Completely fair. Wonderboy maybe by beating Luque and Neal, but that Showtime knockout was still pretty fresh for people (You know showtime, he's that "tweener" who "aged terribly" using your words). Woodley's on a 3 fight losing streak to Usman, Burns, & Colby. All top dogs, but he's getting embarrassed each time. At least RDA took a few rounds from Colby. Maia's current run over Good, Martin (severely underrated), and Askren, before being derailed by Burns maybe should earn him a spot above Edwards. Chiesa's 3-0 at welterweight with wins over the corpses of Diego and Condit, and then had that win over RDA right after Edwards, so Edwards just CAN'T be behind him.

So where should Edwards be then? #6 or 7 at the worst? Sure, a big problem with WW is it's stagnancy, cuz the people winning don't challenge other winners, and the losers are the guys who actually fight top competitions (RDA, Woodley, Lawler). But you really can't put Edwards any lower than that, and even if that is his new position, putting this fight together with Khamzat is still a fucking sham and he should be favored.

Edwards top 3 wins:

Luque*
Rda*
Cerrone*

*green Luque 3 years ago
*dull Rda
*didn't finish glass chin and body Ceronne

If I had money I'd put down a hefty amount on Edwards

And I am balls deep on Khamzat

I said schizophrenic because any other thought would be born out of a complete delusion from reality. Edwards should be the favorite. And you did say something about Khamzat's victories that you still haven't explained..

Edward's rank and win streak is overrated, but only in the sense that he definitely did deserve it when he first got it, but has since not progressed while other people are still fighting and winning (arguable, as I list below). Any drop in ranking he should have from where he is right now would only be due to guys winning in his absence.

Why he earned that rank: He's got an 8 fight win streak. He choked out Tumenov who was #14 at the time. (Tumenov had just lost to Gunnar Nelson after a 5 fight win streak). He's Luque's only loss in a string of 11 fights. He didn't beat "the same" Cowboy Conor beat. The Cowboy he beat was more comparable to the Cowboy Till beat. Who was still good enough to knock out Yancy Meideros, Alex Hernandez, tap Perry, and beat Iaquinta, which was good enough to maintain #11 at welterweight. Gunnar was still good enough to tap Oliveira at the time to earn a #13 ranking and to save himself from falling too far after being blinded by Ponz. And the cap of that streak was RDA. Now, I realize RDA fell far since, but really only for losing to top guys. You have to think of where RDA was at the time Edwards beat him. He had moved up to welterweight while still highly ranked at lightweight. RDA went backwards for welterweight opponents, dominating #11 Saffedine, #6 Magny, & #2 Lawler. Think of him as washed or undersized now if you want, but he deserved his position. He fought Colby in a competitive fight for the interim title, then lost to Usman. Literally the two best guys at the weight. Then he rebounds with a welterweight victory of #7 lightweight Kevin Lee. RDA very much deserved to be #4 at the time, so Edwards beating him very much deserved taking the #4 spot from him.

So the question is, since Edwards was #4 since July 2019, what welterweight got a win / streak to surpass him? Covington remained above him for beating Lawler & Woodley. Masvidal remained above him too, by beating Nate Diaz. (Notice how those are opponents who, when looked at with as strict of a magnifying glass as the one you used against Edwards' competition, are also washed and shit). Burns rocketed past him by beating 4 opponents; Kunchenko, Gunnar, Maia, and Woodley. Completely fair. Wonderboy maybe by beating Luque and Neal, but that Showtime knockout was still pretty fresh for people (You know showtime, he's that "tweener" who "aged terribly" using your words). Woodley's on a 3 fight losing streak to Usman, Burns, & Colby. All top dogs, but he's getting embarrassed each time. At least RDA took a few rounds from Colby. Maia's current run over Good, Martin (severely underrated), and Askren, before being derailed by Burns maybe should earn him a spot above Edwards. Chiesa's 3-0 at welterweight with wins over the corpses of Diego and Condit, and then had that win over RDA right after Edwards, so Edwards just CAN'T be behind him.

So where should Edwards be then? #6 or 7 at the worst? Sure, a big problem with WW is it's stagnancy, cuz the people winning don't challenge other winners, and the losers are the guys who actually fight top competitions (RDA, Woodley, Lawler). But you really can't put Edwards any lower than that, and even if that is his new position, putting this fight together with Khamzat is still a fucking sham and he should be favored.

Edwards top 3 wins:

Luque*
Rda*
Cerrone*

*green Luque 3 years ago
*dull Rda
*didn't finish glass chin and body Ceronne
The contrast in the quality of reasoning in these two posts is straight up comical. Sherdog in a nutshell honestly.

How do you (@Masturbin) even have the shame to make such a post directly after @Mohawk Banditó's post, which essentially dismantles your entire line of thought before you even decided to hit the reply button?!

{<jordan}

How do you (@Masturbin) even have the shame to make such a post directly after @Mohawk Banditó's post, which essentially dismantles your entire line of thought before you even decided to hit the reply button?!

You know I am right tho.

I am just spitting facts.

Edwards stives in hug...clinch fights against former 155er agaisnt a part time 185 er Edwards will crumble.

He will know you can't hug a real man that easily

The contrast in the quality of reasoning in these two posts is straight up comical. Sherdog in a nutshell honestly.

{<jordan}
The amount of times I see someone go: "This formerly ranked guy wasn't a good win, cuz he's lost his ranking since" and then follow that up immediately with "This currently ranked guy wasn't a good win, cuz he wasn't ranked at the time," never ceases to amaze me.

It's as good as someone literally saying, "Don't listen to me because my reasoning depends on my feelings."

Why is Leon Edwards supposed to be good again? He has literally beaten no one.

His best wins are over tweener RDA and Cerrone, which has aged terribly. He beat Luque nearly 4 years ago, and outside of that he's beaten Barbaerna and Gunner Nelson? lol?

I think you could argue Edwards was/is as much of a hype job as Khazmat is. At least Khazmat fought a ranked guy at MW and knocked him dead. Leon has more volume of quality wins, sure, but it's not like he's even beaten a top 10 guy...ever. Or I guess Luque is a fringe top 10 guy, who he beat 4 years ago when he probably was fringe top 15.
RDA was #4 when Leon beat him, and he's also Colby's best win

Khamzat "Narrow shoulders" Chimaev is bound to fail.

In this kind of situation the bookies are probably setting odds knowing Khamzat has more hype and will probably get more backing as a result, their opinions on how the fight will actually go matter less than that.

Does anybody have any training news on either?
Khamzat was looking like somebody's grandma on a treadmill when he arrived to Chechnya a week ago.
a lung injury is no joke.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back