Khamzat's win over Kamaru is criminally underrated

The Legendary Scarface

Record since UFC 266 : 60-40
@Black
Reaction score
I think it's the kind of win that will age like wine honestly. And it's hard for me to understand how some sherscientist experts are unable to realize the value of that win.

Everyone talks about how that was a short notice fight for Kamaru but it ended up being a short notice for Chimaev too, he went from preparing for a mid striker to a damn good, powerful wrestler in Kamaru and RAGDOLLED him in the first round. .

Let me repeat
He RAGDOLLED Kamaru in the first round

Again

One more time

Do you know how nuts that shit is? Who have you seen mount and flatten Kamaru out there like he's a fucking crepe from ihop after a shitty night out? Nobody does that to Usman man. Khamzat is special.

I know he has cardio issues and gasses out later on but shit he still is undefeated. He won the second round against Usman and even after eating a couple shots in the 3rd still probably won that round too.

He's the most vicious, maniacal grappler in history with a ferociousness that is just impossible to not be a fan of..

I love Whittaker but Khamzat is going to annihilate him in the first round. It's gonna be diabolical.

All aboard:::::::
1000016144.jpg

Kamaru came off the couch couch with ten days notice after losing a step, to fight in a new weight class. It's accurately rated.
this. Kamaru had already gone from getting knocked out in what would have been a decisive win against Leon Edwards to getting out worked by him in the next fight. Was clearly past it, and didn't have a chance to bulk to 185.

No i think it's rated properly. What Khamzat did to Usman in round 1 is extremely impressive.

Usman was still underprepared and undersized though. This Whittaker fight is the perfect estimation of where Khamzat belongs

WAR KHAMZAT!

And after he beats Bobby, please, for the love of God give this man a title shot.

Short notice, worn-out, welterweight Usman was a tethered GOAT for middleweight Khamzat to destroy.

Didn't happen.

Unimpressed.

Usman wins that fight if it's not short notice or was five rounds. Should have been asking for a rematch. Says he was expecting more from Khamzat and was pacing himself, because of short notice.

9 days preparation from Usman. 3 rounds. Chimaev was in training camp already and had shitloads of footage pertaining Usman to just study. Not really fair. Props to Usman for having the balls even if he is a douche.

It was impressive when you consider he was fighting with a busted hand for 2/3 of the fight

Partially agree. The overall performance was not THAT impressive. And Usman is a natural WW (although a big one) so beating him at MW is not the same.

But you're absolutely right about round 1. I don't see any other MW outwrestling Usman. That was surreal to watch.

I think it's the kind of win that will age like wine honestly. And it's hard for me to understand how some sherscientist experts are unable to realize the value of that win.

Everyone talks about how that was a short notice fight for Kamaru but it ended up being a short notice for Chimaev too, he went from preparing for a mid striker to a damn good, powerful wrestler in Kamaru and RAGDOLLED him in the first round. .

Let me repeat

Again

One more time

Do you know how nuts that shit is? Who have you seen mount and flatten Kamaru out there like he's a fucking crepe from ihop after a shitty night out? Nobody does that to Usman man. Khamzat is special.

I know he has cardio issues and gasses out later on but shit he still is undefeated. He won the second round against Usman and even after eating a couple shots in the 3rd still probably won that round too.

He's the most vicious, maniacal grappler in history with a ferociousness that is just impossible to not be a fan of..

I love Whittaker but Khamzat is going to annihilate him in the first round. It's gonna be diabolical.

All aboard:::::::
View attachment 1068207

11 days notice vs someone from a weight class below him..

But but but he rag dolled him...

And?

I know he has cardio issues and gasses out later on but shit he still is undefeated.

Cardio plays such a big part that this is not a small issue. He will have to improve something that is hard to improve.

Now that people are aware of this weakness it will even be harder for him.

Even with 1 day notice a Champ like Usman doesn't forget how to wrestle.

Plus, Usman is the kind of person that stays in shape even in the off season, not like other athletes that are drunk&fat the day after the fight and till the next camp.

And yes, Khamzat ragdolled him like he was nothing.

It was more than 10 days notice, Usman was preparing for a fight with Khamzat weeks before, knew something was coming.

Back