Khamzat vs Edwards fight breakdown

The Chimaev hype is insane over who he has beaten. I mean Khaos Williams should be getting the same hype that this dude is getting. At least he beat some guys with wins in the UFC.

Niko Price who have finished much bigger guys with crazy ass knockouts threw everything but the kitchen sink at Donald and couldn't get him out of there. Cowboy is a tough cunt, sure he gets stopped sometimes but it's not really that easy to do so
Tell that to the McGregor haters who bounce between two notions; either Cowboy's totally and utterly useless or he was paid to take a dive.

I hear this being thrown around alot "he has been wrestling his whole life". Cain wrestled his whole life with very high accomplishments and Werdum choked him while Cain was shooting a double.
When a high level bjj guy develops a good mauy thai clinch it's a hard combo. having no idea of how a bjj guy can hold someone anywhere means you have no idea what bjj is...

Meh, took perry 3 or so losses to improve alot, his grappling and calm approach against Means in his last fight was beautiful to me.

Are you two playing Tekken in text roleplay?
Perry looked like a guy who doesn't have a a coaches, sparring partners or a training regiment in his last fight

Tell that to the McGregor haters who bounce between two notions; either Cowboy's totally and utterly useless or he was paid to take a dive.

I know. It's hilarious how they all downplayed what Conor did like anybody can step in there and do that. And that has to be fastest anybody has ever done it as well. Afterwords Cowboy lost a controversial split decision to Pettis who just KO'd Wonderboy plus took everything Niko threw at him

The hype train is out of control. Leon will put things in the right place.
So let me ask you a question

If Khamzat wins the fight, will you respect that he's legit, or will you turn around and shit on Leon to try and discredit Khamzat's win? Will you be on board with Khamzat, or will you look for some reason to hate on him?

Be honest.

Perry looked like a guy who doesn't have a a coaches, sparring partners or a training regiment in his last fight
What you think his pregnant missus wasn't providing cogent corner advice?
Kinda sexist fam.

Kisic and Aliskerov looked talented to me. Not saying they are definitely top 20 UFC level (hard to gauge those things) but Chimaev’s displays outside of the UFC are more impressive than the ones in it. Because he was challenged more in those fights.

Sure, they weren't cans by any means.
My reply was to a guy saying that they were "obviously top15-20" in UFC, when guys much more proven, experienced and accomplished as Kuncheno and Emeev failed to achieve such status.

An btw I think Kunchenko arguably beat Gilbert Burns in their fight - certainly did more damage - and also have a legtit case for the W vs Elizeu. I think ended his contract and didnt got a new one but he is top15 caliber in UFC easily imo.

Kunchenko arrived to UFC as 18-0 and multiple times M-1 champion btw, to compare him with Kisic or Aliskerov at this point is absurd imo

If Khamzat wins the fight, will you respect that he's legit, or will you turn around and shit on Leon to try and discredit Khamzat's win? Will you be on board with Khamzat, or will you look for some reason to hate on him?

Be honest.
Tbf I've been shitting on Leon for ages and still think he's if anything overrated but you'd have to admit Khazmat is legit if he gets it done against Leon. I wouldn't give him the next title shot though.

If it is in anyway close then it goes to Chimaev. I just can’t see the company giving a close one to Leon. Chimaev is worth too much to the company now.
UFC doesnt choose the judges, the commission does.
I mean they can buy one judge off, but idk if he's worth buying 2.
Eitherway, I can see the UFC setting up a rematch if they don't like the result.
Or, they can just hand him the title shot afterwards, coming off a loss.
They did it with Nick Diaz, so nothing new.

Be honest.

Of course. Leon is a top fighter in the division, and if Khamzat beats him MUST be respected. Any other reaction would be bullshit. What I'm saying is that Khamzat, who looks like legit, so far has been smeshing rusted cans and running his mouth like there is no tomorrow. After his second win in the UFc he was already doing the stupid gesture signalling the belt, and some idiots here wants him on a title shot already.
I believe that the hype train is out of control, but clearly is he manages to defeat a top guy like Leon in the division, he must be respected, and i would be first to say it.

or will you look for some reason to hate on him?

I don´t hate any fighter. I find a few of them unbearably annoying, utterly ignorant, or insufferably idiotic, but hate is not my thing, or at least not with a guy who risks his own skin walking into a ring.

Of course. Leon is a top fighter in the division, and if Khamzat beats him MUST be respected. Any other reaction would be bullshit. What I'm saying is that Khamzat, who looks like legit, so far has been smeshing rusted cans and running his mouth like there is no tomorrow. After his second win in the UFc he was already doing the stupid gesture signalling the belt, and some idiots here wants him on a title shot already.
I believe that the hype train is out of control, but clearly is he manages to defeat a top guy like Leon in the division, he must be respected, and i would be first to say it.

I don´t hate any fighter. I find a few of them unbearably annoying, utterly ignorant, or insufferably idiotic, but hate is not my thing, or at least not with a guy who risks his own skin walking into a ring.
Fair enough.

I remember more than a few people here saying that Meerschaert was a tough test for Khamzat. When Khamzat won in 17 seconds, they turned around and said Meerschaert was never a good fighter. It's the Sherdog way. That's why I ask - some people are open minded and respectful and others simply aren't

I ADMITTINGLY have yet to watch Edwards fight

I have no idea why

But reasons...

This fight is purely a showcase of two deservingly hyped fighters vying for contention

As exciting as it can get

Khazmat wins, it's kind of expected because people actually watch him fight

Edwards wins, people like me will actually pay attention and will support his cause for a championship match

LEESSSSSGOOOOOOOOOOO

Leon's striking is in a completely different DIMENSION to Khamzat. Khamzat needs to shoot and hope to get a finish by the 3rd, otherwise I see him gassing big time. He's way in over his head imo

The Chimaev hype is insane over who he has beaten. I mean Khaos Williams should be getting the same hype that this dude is getting. At least he beat some guys with wins in the UFC.

Very true.

It's a highly close fight in many areas. I think most of the "Khamzat smesh" guys are just trolling, they know Leon is 100 x better than anyone Khamzat has fought to date, and has avenues of winning this fight.

If it is in anyway close then it goes to Chimaev. I just can’t see the company giving a close one to Leon. Chimaev is worth too much to the company now.
Good thing the judges are not on the UFC payroll then. You know with the nsac and all.

I hear this being thrown around alot "he has been wrestling his whole life". Cain wrestled his whole life with very high accomplishments and Werdum choked him while Cain was shooting a double.
When a high level bjj guy develops a good mauy thai clinch it's a hard combo. having no idea of how a bjj guy can hold someone anywhere means you have no idea what bjj is...

Meh, took perry 3 or so losses to improve alot, his grappling and calm approach against Means in his last fight was beautiful to me.

Are you two playing Tekken in text roleplay?

Lol. Just recognizing Edwards ability to keep his opponents where he wants them - at the end of his jab and left elbow most of the time.

Back