Khamzat vs Edwards fight breakdown

Just because he beat somebody from the Caucasus means what? You need to watch some fights of Albert tumenov, he fights nothing like a typical Caucasus fighter and is pretty much the complete opposite of Chimaev.

Tumenov is a great striker with absolutely 0 ground game (where Leon took advantage of him). So Leon is gonna take down and sub Chimaev?

0 ground game and 5 fight winning streak in UFC... exaggerating much?

Leon will slip wild punches of Chimaev and light him up.
When he rushes as a bull, he will outmaneuver him on the ground and take a sub.

Stop reading Wikipedia and actually watch his fights, that 5 fight win streak was based solely on his fantastic striking. Tumenov has an awful ground game, virtually non existent tdd and as a fan of his, in all the fights he had in the UFC I don't remember him looking to offensively grapple or even pass guard once. He has 0 subs in nearly 30 fights too.

Stop reading Wikipedia and actually watch his fights, that 5 fight win streak was based solely on his fantastic striking. Tumenov has an awful ground game, virtually non existent tdd and as a fan of his, in all the fights he had in the UFC I don't remember him looking to offensively grapple or even pass guard once. He has 0 subs in nearly 30 fights too.

Wanna do AV bet for a month and back up your confidence in hype boy Chimaev?

Wanna do AV bet for a month and back up your confidence in hype boy Chimaev?
tenor.gif

you got called out accept Baronis bet don’t stop commenting now lol.
<209Bitch>

tenor.gif

you got called out accept Baronis bet don’t stop commenting now lol.
<209Bitch>

Looks like your homie is scared....

They all post tough until it's time to back it up in the face of Sexy Baroni.

Very few back it up.

Just because he beat Tumenov doesnt mean anything for Chimaev

There are 2 different fighters. Edwards last loss was to Usman where he lost against a wrestler, I feel a wrestler heavy pressure will be his achilles heel. He's very good with his technique striking but to deal with Khamzat's wrestling you need to have world class level TDD which I dont think Edwards has unfortunately for him

He did a better job against Usman's wrestling than Woodley did<Fedor23>

Individually skill by skill Chimaev may be better but I think Leon May be able to mix his skills together more fluently. One has the better ingredients, but the other has proven he can bake a cake

Looks like your homie is scared....

They all post tough until it's time to back it up in the face of Sexy Baroni.

Very few back it up.
Well Much talk is a feminine characteristic....and that dude is obviously effeminate as fuck.
<bball1>

Wild punches of Chimaev? Since when he’s throwing those? Khamzat has clean, crisp striking

Reactions: HHJ

Saying a guy who went 5-0 in modern UFC WW division and is also ACA WW champion has "awful ground game and virtually non existent tdd :eek:" its fucking stupid dude.
Tumenov just beat Murad Abdulaev btw, who would have exploited his non existent tdd and awful ground game if it was true, as many other would have done before.

It is an interesting match-up lets analyse where the fight goes and how they match up against each other.

- In the striking department Edwards is good but he has shown that he can go down with one punch which means he would have to avoid engaging in a brawl fight against Chimaev since he has a one punch Knock out power. We will likely see Edwards backing up and avoiding a head on striking engagement with Chimaev.

- In the wrestling department Chimaev has also the advantage there since he has a GOAT level wrestling and can even get the takedowns via fancy carthwheel moves plus Judo trips and other tricks from the clinch which means Edwards would likely have to avoid any wrestling or clinch engagements.

- Speed both are equal fast but Chimaev has better transitions from punching to all of sudden takedown something similar to GSP in that regard.

Stylistically on paper Edwards is at disadvantage everywhere the fight goes and he can't just circle out of harms way since Chimaev is willing to chase him down. In my honest opinion he has a punchers chance in this fight and Chimaev is even equally deadly in the submission game. He represents real denger everywhere from striking, wrestling to submissions to end this fight outside of Edwards punchers chance there is nowhere else he has an advantage over Khamzat
Edwards by SD, where people will whine that Khamzat was robbed cause he dropped Leon once, blinding them of the fact that Leon dominated the rest of the fight holding him to the cage, landing more strikes, and 2 submission attempts.

This will cause Leon to whine even more about not getting a titleshot because Khamzat is ranked really low, and everyone knows if Khamzat won he would have been fighting Usman/Burns winner.

Edwards snaps and moves to Bellator.

Such is the circle of life, chosen simba.

Edwards by SD, where people will whine that Khamzat was robbed cause he dropped Leon once, blinding them of the fact that Leon dominated the rest of the fight holding him to the cage, landing more strikes, and 2 submission attempts.

This will cause Leon to whine even more about not getting a titleshot because Khamzat is ranked really low, and everyone knows if Khamzat won he would have been fighting Usman/Burns winner.

Edwards snaps and moves to Bellator.

Such is the circle of life, chosen simba.

Holding Chimaev against the cage... do you really think so?

Or or or ......... Khamzat hasn't once fought a fighter worth a shit so we got NO CLUE HOW GOOD HE IS OR ISNT.

That's why this was a STUPID fight for Khaz to take as hes go no big fight experience and just jumped up 3 levels in comp.

I see Khamzat sticking with his normal fight plan - press the fight then level change, then smash.

Holding Chimaev against the cage... do you really think so?
He’s green compared to edwards.
RDA is a 3rd Dan black belt Bjj and works with world champ my fighter. Yet edwards was holding him in the clinch on the cage wall easily.
With all respect to the “national Swedish” championship lol.

Leon is not a CAN he is on a 8 fight winning streak and he beats a lot of good guys like Luque,Cowboy and RDA

This...

I think the Hazmat hype and story is great but let's be real..He has beaten 2 cans.. Leon is not a can and is a massive step up in competition.

In saying this I hope he beats the snot out of Leon.

He’s green compared to edwards.
RDA is a 3rd Dan black belt Bjj and works with world champ my fighter. Yet edwards was holding him in the clinch on the cage wall easily.
With all respect to the “national Swedish” championship lol.

Had no idea BJJ somehow credited cage wrestling prowess. Besides, RDA has the frame of a LW. Chimaev has the frame of a MW. Frame is a determinant factor in that aspect of the game.

Chimaev arrived to Sweeden at 19, he has been wretling his whole life. He is green in MMA so I can see Leon pick him apart in the feet but no, he is not just holding Khamzat against the cage lol.

Back