Khamzat vs Edwards fight breakdown

ChimaGOAT will prevail but I don’t think it will be a walk in the park at all. This time he will face a true challenge and it’s actually a good thing for him....he’s only beaten bums his whole career. It’s common to have a padded record early but this is the moment of truth for the guy.

Leon is not a CAN he is on a 8 fight winning streak and he beats a lot of good guys like Luque,Cowboy and RDA
The fact tuas he couldnt finish Cowboy is actually quite worrying

The fact tuas he couldnt finish Cowboy is actually quite worrying

Niko Price who have finished much bigger guys with crazy ass knockouts threw everything but the kitchen sink at Donald and couldn't get him out of there. Cowboy is a tough cunt, sure he gets stopped sometimes but it's not really that easy to do so

Edwards did beat Luque on the feet. That's ain't no small feat.

He's more technical, like Wonderboy. Luque is no caveman with regards to technique but a technical wizard he is not.

Niko Price who have finished much bigger guys with crazy ass knockouts threw everything but the kitchen sink at Donald and couldn't get him out of there. Cowboy is a tough cunt, sure he gets stopped sometimes but it's not really that easy to do so
As a LW sure, but as a WW Cowboy is very small (never had a problem making lw).

This...

I think the Hazmat hype and story is great but let's be real..He has beaten 2 cans.. Leon is not a can and is a massive step up in competition.

In saying this I hope he beats the snot out of Leon.
He's beaten quite a few great fighters. Just not in the UFC. He TKOd an undefeated in MMA sambo champion. A few other guys that were obviously UFC top 15-20 level as well. That org he was in had great talent.

He's beaten quite a few great fighters. Just not in the UFC. He TKOd an undefeated in MMA sambo champion. A few other guys that were obviously UFC top 15-20 level as well. That org he was in had great talent.

I would beg to differ.. The guys he beat with good records also are beating cans..So he is a better can crusher at this point that those other guys. I don't think anyone can predict what is going to happen in the Edwards fight other than it being a total guess.. There is not enough information or sample size.

A few other guys that were obviously UFC top 15-20 level as well. That org he was in had great talent.

lol calm down with the hyperbole dude. Let's remind that Sambo and M-1 champions Alexei Kunchenko and Ramazan Emeev failed to get there.

So who were those guys that Chimaev beat in Brave that are "obviously" top15-20 level in UFC? Tell us about them.

Or or or ......... Khamzat hasn't once fought a fighter worth a shit so we got NO CLUE HOW GOOD HE IS OR ISNT.

That's why this was a STUPID fight for Khaz to take as hes go no big fight experience and just jumped up 3 levels in comp.
Honestly I agree. Khazmat is buying into his own hype and I think a loss right now will ruin his career forever. It will be soul shattering for Khazmat back in the locker room especially when the people turn in him and call him a fraud/can. He's going to doubt himself forever.

The UFC is not doing Khazmat any favors in this fight. Their just trying to capitalize off his momentum.

He did a better job against Usman's wrestling than Woodley did<Fedor23>
Yeah I know but that's a out of prime old Woodley who literally keeps backing himself up to the cage asking to be shot on. Woodley hesitates so much and hardly ever let's his hands go now

Khamzat's wrestling seems to be one of the best in WW and Edwards' wrestling isnt known to be elite level so I think there could be problems for him in that area. Striking he would be more comfortable with

Yeah I know but that's a out of prime old Woodley who literally keeps backing himself up to the cage asking to be shot on. Woodley hesitates so much and hardly ever let's his hands go now

Khamzat's wrestling seems to be one of the best in WW and Edwards' wrestling isnt known to be elite level so I think there could be problems for him in that area. Striking he would be more comfortable with

I meant specifically in the wrestling department, regardless of Woodley's shit striking strategy, he got absolutely terrorised in the wrestling by Usman, Edwards struggled but held his own a lot of the fight, though Usman did get his usual stall tactics off he gave very little damage, i'd say he did a better job than most who Usman has wrestle fucked.

Hard to say whether Khamzat is one of the best in WW yet imo(he absolutely could be), he's fought against pretty low tier in the UFC, we've not even seen how well he takes a simple punch yet.. I'm not certain of the credentials of his former MMA opponents though, but i'm not sold on his Swedish Championship wins.
Edwards has faced better grapplers in the UFC in Gunnar, Cowboy, RDA, Claudio Silva, Usman - And better strikers too .

Only guys he's lost to are Usman and Hannibal who are both formidable opponents, and most people think he beat Hannibal who's an absolute beast, I really need to go back and watch that fight.

Had no idea BJJ somehow credited cage wrestling prowess. Besides, RDA has the frame of a LW. Chimaev has the frame of a MW. Frame is a determinant factor in that aspect of the game.

Chimaev arrived to Sweeden at 19, he has been wretling his whole life. He is green in MMA so I can see Leon pick him apart in the feet but no, he is not just holding Khamzat against the cage lol.
I hear this being thrown around alot "he has been wrestling his whole life". Cain wrestled his whole life with very high accomplishments and Werdum choked him while Cain was shooting a double.
When a high level bjj guy develops a good mauy thai clinch it's a hard combo. having no idea of how a bjj guy can hold someone anywhere means you have no idea what bjj is...

Honestly I agree. Khazmat is buying into his own hype and I think a loss right now will ruin his career forever. It will be soul shattering for Khazmat back in the locker room especially when the people turn in him and call him a fraud/can. He's going to doubt himself forever.

The UFC is not doing Khazmat any favors in this fight. Their just trying to capitalize off his momentum.
Meh, took perry 3 or so losses to improve alot, his grappling and calm approach against Means in his last fight was beautiful to me.

I got it similar 50-45

Jab jab kick jab elbow kick elbow
Are you two playing Tekken in text roleplay?

Weird how by just smeshing three total bums Khamzat is now some sort of super hero in most of sherbros fantasized minds.
Most of you guys really think he'll not only beat Leon but finish him early while it has never been done before ?
9bfa64a3edc4d83773b37c9141341370.gif

Weird how by just smeshing three total bums Khamzat is now some sort of super hero in most of sherbros fantasized minds.
Most of you guys really think he'll not only beat Leon but finish him early while it has never been done before ?
9bfa64a3edc4d83773b37c9141341370.gif
Khamzat cured me of Covid.
War Khamzat. Fight Island GOD.

I meant specifically in the wrestling department, regardless of Woodley's shit striking strategy, he got absolutely terrorised in the wrestling by Usman, Edwards struggled but held his own a lot of the fight, though Usman did get his usual stall tactics off he gave very little damage, i'd say he did a better job than most who Usman has wrestle fucked.

Hard to say whether Khamzat is one of the best in WW yet imo(he absolutely could be), he's fought against pretty low tier in the UFC, we've not even seen how well he takes a simple punch yet.. I'm not certain of the credentials of his former MMA opponents though, but i'm not sold on his Swedish Championship wins.
Edwards has faced better grapplers in the UFC in Gunnar, Cowboy, RDA, Claudio Silva, Usman - And better strikers too .

Only guys he's lost to are Usman and Hannibal who are both formidable opponents, and most people think he beat Hannibal who's an absolute beast, I really need to go back and watch that fight.
Lol @ Cerrone being a better grappler.

So who were those guys that Chimaev beat in Brave that are "obviously" top15-20 level in UFC? Tell us about them.

Kisic and Aliskerov looked talented to me. Not saying they are definitely top 20 UFC level (hard to gauge those things) but Chimaev’s displays outside of the UFC are more impressive than the ones in it. Because he was challenged more in those fights.

Back