Khabib's wresting vs Mendes' wrestling

Direct from the UFC website
Khabib is successful 45% of the time on take-downs 49 of 109
85%TDD
Mendes is successful 55% of the time on take-downs 42 of 77
100% TDD

Conor has 74% TDD
Stats don't tell the whole story but Chad's outside shots are unmatched.

So clueless... Conor never left anyone unconscious but Aldo. He TKO's everyone, let alone Mendes who he TKOd cause he gassed.
Don't even get me started on your grappling knowledge either.

072_Chad_Mendes_vs_Conor_McGregor.0.0.jpg

Looks like you don't know shit! lmao The irony of an english man telling me about grappling! HAHAHHA

Last edited:
Khabib has better control and gnp, but Chad has better takedowns for me.

Ehh, Khabib has much more versatility in his take-downs. Chad's got a great blast double, a nice knee tap, and a single. We haven't seen much else from him in regards to take downs in MMA, and his top game isn't anything special. We haven't seen him match khabib's variety, who has a wide array of both upper body and lower body take-downs.

Then again, Chad hasn't needed to show a wide variety of take-downs because he usually gets that blast double or a single leg.

Last edited:
Ehh, Khabib has much more versatility in his take-downs. Chad's got a great blast double, a nice knee tap, and a single. We haven't seen much else from him in regards to take downs, and his top game isn't anything special. We haven't seen him match khabib's variety, who has a wide array of both upper body and lower body take-downs.

Then again, Chad hasn't needed to show a wide variety of take-downs because he usually gets that blast double or a single leg.

Go watch his college tape if you thinks that all he has. With that being said, no doubt Khabib is more versatile with his background, but that doesn't always mean better when you're talking that level of wrestling.

There's a reason only ben askren and Khabib consistently chain wrestle...

Go watch his college tape if you thinks that all he has. With that being said, no doubt Khabib is more versatile with his background, but that doesn't always mean better when you're talking that level of wrestling.
Chad was a beast in college. I would love to see him go back to his roots. His top game used to be crazy good. Still is good just not like it was back in college imo.

Ehh, Khabib has much more versatility in his take-downs. Chad's got a great blast double, a nice knee tap, and a single. We haven't seen much else from him in regards to take downs in MMA, and his top game isn't anything special. We haven't seen him match khabib's variety, who has a wide array of both upper body and lower body take-downs.

I think the only reason Khabib may seem more varied is down to Chad also being a high level mma striker and therefore not often needing to use his grappling.

Whereas Khabib is really very one dimensional.

Chad was a beast in college. I would love to see him go back to his roots. His top game used to be crazy good. Still is good just not like it was back in college imo.

He's content just sitting in guard. And why shouldn't he be? That's all you have to do to win in MMA.

If by barely won you mean leaving him unconscious on the floor, then sure.

But I don't use emotion to make an analysis like you, I use facts. And the facts are Chad Mendes has better technique in just about every movement in regards to wrestling than Khabib does. Khabib more than anything just overpowers people.
{<huh}
Unconscious on the floor?
He was on his feet and smiling a few seconds after it was stopped.

But on-topic, I haven't seen enoughbof Khabib to call it, but Mendes reached a high level of wrestling being a D1 finalist. Many wrestlers go from that level to international.

He's content just sitting in guard. And why shouldn't he be? That's all you have to do to win in MMA.
Disagree. Sitting in guard can be dangerous. Plus it limits you GnP. Chad makes it work for him tho so if it ain't broke...

Wow, just went through the first page!

Conor fanboys are so shook and are in denial. They are trying to convince themselves that Mendes is a better wrestler than Khabib because it makes them feel safer.

You're out of your mind then. He's not Connor level striking but can still catch people sleeping on him.
Anybody can catch anybody. That’s a horrible counter argument to defend his horrid striking. He has no fundamentals. You reek of Ronda rousey fan base circa 2015

Disagree. Sitting in guard can be dangerous. Plus it limits you GnP. Chad makes it work for him tho so if it ain't broke...

Yeah I don't mean taking a nap in guard like Kevin Lee, but if you can block transitions and hold control like GSP, then it's fine and generally better for scoring unless you don't feel threatened of being countered. GnP is too risky imo, that's why you don't see more people use it for anything other than keeping the fight on the ground, trying to transition, and wearing their opponent down. Unless there is a distinct grappling advantage or you've got some Liddell hands, it's more trouble than it's worth when you can just take the judges gift.

Anybody can catch anybody. That’s a horrible counter argument to defend his horrid striking. He has no fundamentals. You reek of Ronda rousey fan base circa 2015

Dude, you think he just got to where he is by wrestling. What modern MMA fighter could do that?
He has a chin and he has good (not great) striking.

If it helps, I think Connor will catch him coming in.

Yeah I don't mean taking a nap in guard like Kevin Lee, but if you can block transitions and hold control like GSP, then it's fine and generally better for scoring unless you don't feel threatened of being countered. GnP is too risky imo, that's why you don't see more people use it for anything other than keeping the fight on the ground and wearing their opponent down. Unless there is a distinct grappling advantage or you've got some Liddell hands, it's more trouble than it's worth when you can just take the judges gift.
That's a fair way to look at it. Still, I think passing to side at least gives you a few nore options for submissions and control

I think AKA has done a really good job of giving their fighters effective GnP at low risk that leaves options for subs. And of course Khabib's use of unorthodox positions to land GnP is very effective.

I agree that it is really hard to use effective GnP at low risk. Too many guys looking for any chance to sweep, base up, or scramble at the slightest opening.

Chad is objectively the better wrestler. Khabib is much bigger though, and better at countering transitions.
He's not. He's better at double legs. That's it. Khabib is a far better wrestler overall. It's not even close honestly.

Chad is more explosive with a lower center of gravity and better double and single leg takedowns. His top game is weaker.

I think it will be easier for Conor to land flush on Khabib but harder to survive if he is taken down.

Chad is more athletic and has better entries for his takedowns. Khabib's entries are pretty sloppy sometimes.

Khabib is way better positionally, with control and transitions.

Back