Khabib's wresting vs Mendes' wrestling

Khabib is better than Chad at everything...and I think he will wrestle fuck the shit out of Conor to the point where it is going to be painful to watch.

Eh, while I don't disagree... Infact I hope for this outcome. I don't agree he's better at everything. Grappling... Hands down. Striking technique... Debatable. Khabib has power but other wise fairly sloppy boxing.

No shit.Mendes is a natural bantamweight while RDA is a welterweight.
In using Khabib's chances against Conor compared to Mendes, I'm pretty sure we're not comparing their wins on a basis of how good they are "pound for pound" wise... Size matters.

He won, period. There is no such thing as “barely “ when you ko your opponent early. That being said, that win is no indicator at of how good or bad he will do against Khabib.

According to this, a fight means nothing when calculating how particular habits of a winning fighter compares and contrasts to the habits and nuances of future opponents, which is completely false.

Haven't you heard? Conor fans stopped using that one after they realized how it made their lack of knowledge about how fighting actually works, not how it looks, obvious to everyone.

mendes is the better straight up wrestling, but id say khabib is a better grappler if that makes sense

In using Khabib's chances against Conor compared to Mendes, I'm pretty sure we're not comparing their wins on a basis of how good they are "pound for pound" wise... Size matters.
This has got nothing to do with what i said tho but ok.

Chad has better blast doubles, Khabib has better chain wrestling and more versatile TDs, Khbaib is better once it hits the ground. Khabibs the better grappler and wrestler imo

But, Chad had better and more explosive striking to set up his TDs compared to Khabib.

Khabib doesn't have the explosive reactive shot that Mendes has, but he has everything else. Khabib is a much better grappler.

Chad is objectively the better wrestler. Khabib is much bigger though, and better at countering transitions.
You don't know shit about wrestling then. No one applies their wrestling to MMA better than Khabib. His top control in unmatched. Mendes may be more explosive on say a double leg but Khabib has no equal in MMA in terms of grappling

Also, can we please make Khabib vs McGregor a subforum...

Can you explain the difference between what you would class as wrestling and what you would class as grappling?
Wrestling is part of grappling. Chad was an All American freestyle wrestler and is great at that but in terms of submissions and overall grappling Khabib has far more tools and is better once it hits the mat by far. They have different styles Chad has a great double leg and his very explosive whereas Khabib will chain takedown attempts, get you to the cage then he has a number of trips and throws he can use.

When it comes to fighting Conor Khabibs size and ability to keep him controlled on the mat will likely outway the benefits of Chads style significantly.

If by barely won you mean leaving him unconscious on the floor, then sure.

But I don't use emotion to make an analysis like you, I use facts. And the facts are Chad Mendes has better technique in just about every movement in regards to wrestling than Khabib does. Khabib more than anything just overpowers people.
You started so nicely in wanting to use facts and analyzing technique... then you said Khabib just overpowers people. *sigh* What a technically inaccurate way to describe his style.

No shit.Mendes is a natural bantamweight while RDA is a welterweight.
Mendes is not a bantamweight thats just ridiculous. Him cutting to 135 would take more effort than it took RDA to get to 155.

Mendes is only better at a blast double, Khabib is significantly better at every other aspect of grappling and has 30 pounds on mini Mendes.

A post from someone who actually watches the fights

I would say that Mendes is better at being able to get explosive and quick takedowns. Khabib is better at control-based takedowns (trips and throws in the clinch), keeping guys down, and overall domination on the ground. It would be very hard to sub khabib because he is able to smother you and give you little to no room whilst being very positionally aware. Mendes is more of threat for strikers and guys who come forward quickly because he can easily transition from striking to shooting for a takedown, keeping that threat of the takedown in the back of the strikers head.

The only thing that Chad those better is a power double everything else is inferior.

Then you add in size, strength, cardio.. Khabib all the way.. look to see some great chain wrestling it's just a matter of time until the fight hits the floor.

Mendes is not a bantamweight thats just ridiculous. Him cutting to 135 would take more effort than it took RDA to get to 155.
Mendes is 5'6.He could make 135 easily if he loses muscle mass.

Shots- Mendes

Everything Else-Khabib

Back