Khabib's wresting vs Mendes' wrestling

If by barely won you mean leaving him unconscious on the floor, then sure.

But I don't use emotion to make an analysis like you, I use facts. And the facts are Chad Mendes has better technique in just about every movement in regards to wrestling than Khabib does. Khabib more than anything just overpowers people.
People that say shit like this don't know anything about wrestling.

That's a fair way to look at it. Still, I think passing to side at least gives you a few nore options for submissions and control

I think AKA has done a really good job of giving their fighters effective GnP at low risk that leaves options for subs. And of course Khabib's use of unorthodox positions to land GnP is very effective.

I agree that it is really hard to use effective GnP at low risk. Too many guys looking for any chance to sweep, base up, or scramble at the slightest opening.

Yeah, except I wouldn't say Chad is a submission expert. He's got good guillotines, but when you can't force anything else you become too overly predictable. I'm sure he knows that and it's why he isn't even attempting it and getting countered.

Dude, you think he just got to where he is by wrestling. What modern MMA fighter could do that?
He has a chin and he has good (not great) striking.

If it helps, I think Connor will catch him coming in.
You’re so wrong it’s mind blowing. He got to where he is because he’s virtually the best sambo player in the world at his weight class. His chin is granite, his strength is second to none at 155, he’s very heavy and large framed for the division. He is so good at grappling, pace, chin, strength that he’s undefeated DESPITE novice level striking. You can see better hands at any local amateur event. Don’t be naive. Understand that he has a gaping fucking hole.

Yeah, except I wouldn't say Chad is a submission expert. He's got good guillotines, but when you can't force anything else you become too overly predictable. I'm sure he knows that and it's why he isn't even attempting it and getting countered.
Yeah you might be right. It's a shame tho. Image Chad with a diverse sub game!
<DCWhoa>

He's not. He's better at double legs. That's it. Khabib is a far better wrestler overall. It's not even close honestly.

I watched Khabib's BFF Islam struggle with a 13 year old half his size. Properly, shut the hell up. Khabib is a better grappler in terms of MMA if you quantify that by versatility, but put them in a circle with American steel, and they aren't winning. These sambo guys aren't even close to the best Russia has to offer. Most of them are failed wrestlers. lmao

Mendes more explosive/powerful double, khabib wayyyyy better control, clinch, chain, variety, submissions, unique takedowns.

I watched Khabib's BFF Islam struggle with a 13 year old half his size. Properly, shut the hell up. Khabib is a better grappler in terms of MMA if you quantify that by versatility, but put them in a circle with American steel, and they aren't winning. These sambo guys aren't even close to the best Russia has to offer. Most of them are failed wrestlers. lmao
Jesus you really do believe that. I'm sorry, dude. Holy shit. I didn't think people like you existed.

Disagree. Khabib's striking, while not great, is highly underrated. Connor is miles above though.

If Connor doesn't catch him early it's gonna be a boring ground fight with a gassed out Connor.
I agree but I think it's highly likely that conor catches him early as he's done consistently against far better strikers.

Back