Khabib's manager denies Ferguson fight rumor

Promoting "big" fights just got exponentially harder for the UFC, they're heading boxing's route where every fighter is mostly taking smart fights. I'm not sure if we can blame the fighters for being smart business man, or at least smarter than before.
That being said, I hate what Tony is doing, that is the same that Nate has done several times. They sign a multi fight multi year contract, only to try to renegotiate the minute they feel their value is up.

These rumors al the time are so annoying. Please shut the hell up and wait until a fight is announced.
Nowadays rumours sell so of course media just keep making them up. Sometimes people on the inside do to just to favour their negotiating strategy

I'm not surprised.

Habib doesn't want to pay his dues.

He just wants to rest his laurels on having about 3/4ths of his wins against nobodies.
This. His top wins are Michael Johnson and RDA three years ago...

He's ducked Cerrone, Bendo, Aldo, and an RDA rematch. But yet he can scream in between rounds to the president that he thinks he's entitled to a title shot with a padded undefeated record

It makes sense but I feel like it kills a potential title fight. Theoretically you would want both Khabib and Ferguson to get a shot but if they fight each other first it eliminates a contender. It depends on how you view matchmaking. Ferguson was dark horse for quite some time.

But you gotta be realistic, that's the only way either guy gets to fight Conor. Who knows, Conor might pull a duck move, and be out for way longer than intended, and might possibly tell the UFC, they fight each other for a #1 spot, otherwise I take way longer to come back.

I'm not surprised.

He just wants to rest his laurels on having about 3/4ths of his wins against nobodies.

He's offering to fight Ferguson who refuses to sign on the dotted line. What are you talking about?

I'm not surprised.

Except it's Ferguson who is refusing. Khabib said he wants Ferguson.

This. His top wins are Michael Johnson and RDA three years ago...

He's ducked Cerrone, Bendo, Aldo, and an RDA rematch. But yet he can scream in between rounds to the president that he thinks he's entitled to a title shot with a padded undefeated record
Ferguson pulled out of their last fight and is currently refusing to fight him.

Ferguson pulled out of their last fight and is currently refusing to fight him.
I never said he ducked Ferguson because he's literally calling him out, he did duck Cowboy twice, Bendo, Aldo, and RDA for a rematch.

oh wow, khabibs manager ducking fergusons manager

I never said he ducked Ferguson because he's literally calling him out, he did duck Cowboy twice, Bendo, Aldo, and RDA for a rematch.
I am saying that is why Khabib > Fergy right now for title shot. They were supposed to fight, winner gets Conor. Fergy then refused to fight, so Khabib moves forward.

Not to say Fergy doesn't have a valid gripe, but he signed the contract.

I am saying that is why Khabib > Fergy right now for title shot. They were supposed to fight, winner gets Conor. Fergy then refused to fight, so Khabib moves forward.

Not to say Fergy doesn't have a valid gripe, but he signed the contract.
Khabib didn't move froward, he declined an interim title fight with Jose Aldo.

Khabib didn't move froward, he declined an interim title fight with Jose Aldo.
Because he wants Ferguson. If Ferguson won't fight he should get Conor. Aldo should be busy defending his belt while Conor is taking a break. The belt he was gifted and didn't earn.

Because he wants Ferguson. If Ferguson won't fight he should get Conor. Aldo should be busy defending his belt while Conor is taking a break. The belt he was gifted and didn't earn.
Khabib has said time and time again that he wants "his title shot". When did it become just about Ferguson?

All this talk about "eliminating a contender" is just horseshit.

One loss doesn't send someone spiraling down into oblivion if they are a true contender in the first place.
True, matchups make fights and both have earned a title shot regardless. To be fair tho Conor eliminated Frankie with MMA math on the basis that he beat Aldo in seconds and Frankie couldn't beat him in 10 rounds.

One loss doesn't send someone spiraling down into oblivion if they are a true contender in the first place.

Especially for fighters like Ferguson and Khabib, who are both veterans and have both run through most of their division.

We know that, but casuals need a storyline. Losing to the guy who lost to the champ makes that very hard.

I like that Khabib is holding out for either the number one contender or the champ. Seemz to be the best fights to make.

I like that Khabib is holding out for either the number one contender or the champ. Seemz to be the best fights to make.
AND with him saying he is down for Ferguson really kills it. Impossible to put anyone above him for next title shot. How can you put Ferguson ahead when he is refusing to fight Khabib, you can't. It's like trying to eat pudding without eating your meat.

Back