Khabib's manager denies Ferguson fight rumor

988.gif

It makes sense but I feel like it kills a potential title fight. Theoretically you would want both Khabib and Ferguson to get a shot but if they fight each other first it eliminates a contender. It depends on how you view matchmaking. Ferguson was dark horse for quite some time.

It makes sense but I feel like it kills a potential title fight. Theoretically you would want both Khabib and Ferguson to get a shot but if they fight each other first it eliminates a contender. It depends on how you view matchmaking. Ferguson was dark horse for quite some time.

I personally want to see Ferguson get a shot at McGregor next and in the meanwhile Nurmagomedov fights Barboza or Alvarez because he hasn't got as much momentum than Tony, I agree with you though, both should get a shot.

Fuck that, I need to see these 2 fight. You just can't pass up matchups like this, they don't come along often

I'm not surprised.

Habib doesn't want to pay his dues.

He just wants to rest his laurels on having about 3/4ths of his wins against nobodies.

All this talk about "eliminating a contender" is just horseshit.

One loss doesn't send someone spiraling down into oblivion if they are a true contender in the first place.

I'm not surprised.

Habib doesn't want to pay his dues.

He just wants to rest his laurels on having about 3/4ths of his wins against nobodies.

Khabib isn't the one holding this up. Ferg wants more money than is being offered and apparently Dana is playing hardball with him.

holy fuck can the 145 and 155 fighters just fight eachother already

I totally agree. The problem is Conor's lay off. Having both inactive until Conor's return means one of them will be inactive longer than 7 months, hypothetically. if they both were to wait and one of them fights Conor on Conor's return, it means the other will be inactive for an additional few months after the Conor vs. Khabib/OR Ferguson fight. All of the anti Khabib folks out there will only have more bitching about Khabib's inactivity, should Ferguson get the first shot.

Such a fucked situation. Fuck the interim belt in the event they do make Khabib/Tony, whoever wins (between the hypothetical matchup of Khabib/Tony) should get the next shot. And to be honest, I feel the loser (between the possible fight between Khabib/Tony) should get the next shot regardless if they lose. So many title shots have been given to underserving challengers that it would only be fair...at least they would be fighting and not holding up a division (or two) like Conor does.

One loss doesn't send someone spiraling down into oblivion if they are a true contender in the first place.
It ELIMINATES one in the sense that Conor doesn't need much of an excuse to duck a bad style matchup. Dana said Conor was taking 10 months off because Conor is planning on holding on to his belt (formerly belts) as long as he can. He sure as hell isn't planning on taking on Khabib and then Ferguson. In a perfect world for Conor Tony beats Khabib in a close and controversial decision and they are both too injured to fight for a long time so he can defend vs Nate. No reason Aldo shouldn't get a rematch but his Loss Eliminated him.

True, but top contenders often get bypassed in favour of popular fighters. As a number 2 guy I would be wary of being sidelined while Dana gives the shot to a loudmouth who's barely cracked the top 10.

Of course khabibs manager denies that khabib is scheduled for a fight

This guy avoids fighting like its a job he hates

Oh wait...

These rumors al the time are so annoying. Please shut the hell up and wait until a fight is announced.

It ELIMINATES one in the sense that Conor doesn't need much of an excuse to duck a bad style matchup. Dana said Conor was taking 10 months off because Conor is planning on holding on to his belt (formerly belts) as long as he can. He sure as hell isn't planning on taking on Khabib and then Ferguson. In a perfect world for Conor Tony beats Khabib in a close and controversial decision and they are both too injured to fight for a long time so he can defend vs Nate. No reason Aldo shouldn't get a rematch but his Loss Eliminated him.
So much fail in a single post.

Back