Khabib will outstrike Dustin aswel.. Screenshot this

He'll end up being KO'd similar to Bobby Green. Khabib and Green have the same boxing defence - cover up + lean back + run away. That's a literal death against a volume hitter like Dustin.
He does have that defence. But bobby doesn't have habib's td threat. That's a game changer. Expect habib to look for the td early and often. If he doesn't get dustin down early, it'll get ugly for him. Dustin, right now, is a much much better boxer than conor: handspeed, footwork, combinations, defence.

khabib is getting shit for his standup but in reality he is one of the best striker in LW
he outstruck all his opponent
he even won the standup against the best striker in the UFC (Conor McGregor)

he's just a big Dagistani Winning Machine

#KhabibBlessView attachment 587497
He is one of many wrestlers that can surprise and outstrike many great strikers because the opponent is focused on defending the take downs. Pure striking he will KOd my many LIght weights out there. But in mma you are right he can hang with strikers cuz they are scared of his wrestling

He is one of many wrestlers that can surprise and outstrike many great strikers because the opponent is focused on defending the take downs. Pure striking he will KOd my many LIght weights out there. But in mma you are right he can hang with strikers cuz they are scared of his wrestling
this.. these sherdoggers don't get it.. we are discussing MMA not boxing, in mma these strikers can't do shit to him and he outstrikes all of them.. I don't care if its the threat of the takedown

Dustin gets reckless and Khabib has a lot of power in short range.. Dustin can't underestimate how much power Khabib has because he has a weaker chin and probably won't eat it well if it connects.

Lol no

Dustin is a better technical striker than McGregor and has at least as much power with far superior stamina. Dustin has a much worse chin than McGregor but Khabib is unlikely to KO him on the feet so if Dustin can keep the fight standing for long enough (which I don't think he can), Khabib is in serious trouble.
No way they have the same power. Conor sent Eddie handled Dustin’s punches far better than Conor’s.

He will in round 3,4, and 5.

outstruck all his opponents? lol if you're talking the standup then look at the stats, Conor actually outstruck him on the feet...Khabib just landed the best punch
0sr1MUP.jpg

Threat of the takedown does fighters wonders

Fake stats, there's no way Conor threw 81 punches on his back.

khabib is getting shit for his standup but in reality he is one of the best striker in LW
he outstruck all his opponent
he even won the standup against the best striker in the UFC (Conor McGregor)

he's just a big Dagistani Winning Machine

#KhabibBlessView attachment 587497
If his striking is so good then explain to me how a 3rd round battered Conor was hanging with him no problem on the feet when he wasn’t being repeatedly taken down.

Eddie charged directly at McGregor, so the force of the blows were amplified.

He fought far more patiently and conservatively against Dustin, and still got rocked badly in both fights and finished in the rematch.
Eddie wasn’t charging forward on all the shots that dropped him. Poirier does NOT have more power in his shots than Connor.

this.. these sherdoggers don't get it.. we are discussing MMA not boxing, in mma these strikers can't do shit to him and he outstrikes all of them.. I don't care if its the threat of the takedown

yeah and the thread says he's one of the best strikers which is nonsense. Khabib's takedowns and threat of a TD is a disrupter which stops his opponents striking at a high level. Does this general lowering of the bar then mean Khabib's striking is better or technical? Fuck no.

yeah and the thread says he's one of the best strikers which is nonsense. Khabib's takedowns and threat of a TD is a disrupter which stops his opponents striking at a high level. Does this general lowering of the bar then mean Khabib's striking is better or technical? Fuck no.

You realize the takedown threat and how you use it is a large part of being a striker in MMA, right?

Eddie charged directly at McGregor, so the force of the blows were amplified.

He fought far more patiently and conservatively against Dustin, and still got rocked badly in both fights and finished in the rematch.
As much as I would like Dustin to beat khabib he will get manhandled. It’s a shit fight honestly

I mean, Khabib never comes out the gate swinging when he's outstriking people on the feet.

He gasses them out and mauls them for a round or two which neuters their energy and power after which Khabib uses them as practice for striking.

Poirier has no reasonable way to win this fight. People who like Khabib will continue to get richer lol.

Not so convinced. Dustin dosen't mind a gritty fight and is good at throwing under duress. Think Khabib will very much need to lean on his grappling. Stylistically don't think it's a good idea to stand with Poirier even though he was able to land a knock down on Mcgregor.
it wasn't a knockdown. check fight metric

He did land that hard right hand on Conor but when Conor stopped his take downs in round 3, even gassed he was outstriking Khabib clearly

Conor isn’t and never was the best striker in the UFC bud.

Good post tho

Back