Khabib will outstrike Dustin aswel.. Screenshot this

Hoping Dustin knocks Khabib out. Dustin seems like a good dude. It’d be nice to see that in a champion.

EDIT: Also, Khabib isn’t even close to as good of a striker as Dustin. He has the threat of a takedown as his constant security blanket for his striking. That is the only reason he can hang while on the feet.

Last edited:
outstruck all his opponents? lol if you're talking the standup then look at the stats, Conor actually outstruck him on the feet...Khabib just landed the best punch
0sr1MUP.jpg

Threat of the takedown does fighters wonders
Outstriking is winning the standup battle. How many even decent strikes did Mcgregor land ? In the 3rd Khabib was toying, slapping the shit out of Conor

Outstriking is winning the standup battle. How many even decent strikes did Mcgregor land ? In the 3rd Khabib was toying, slapping the shit out of Conor
The 3rd round Conor won all 3 judge cards and media score cards, Conor was gassed out and sloppy in that round and still outstruck him 34-15, stats dont lie

We really think Khabib makes it to 2 fights in a row ?......

Rotlfma

You realize the takedown threat and how you use it is a large part of being a striker in MMA, right?
Yup. His ability to affect the striking ability of his opponents is impressive and I guess would be classified as a form of defence. Regardless, it doesn't improve his own striking or make it better.
To put it in numbers, say Khabib is fighting a guy with 9/10 striking ability.
Khabib's strategy of TDs brings this guy down to a 6/10 - (hesitating, afraid to commit etc)
Kkhabib is a 7/10. Stays a 7/10. Never reaches the heights of a 9.

Ts said Khabib was the best or one of the best strikers at LW. He's decent but its his effective strategy that brings everyone else down lower. Spoiling their craft doesn't make his own 'better' though.

Yup. His ability to affect the striking ability of his opponents is impressive and I guess would be classified as a form of defence. Regardless, it doesn't improve his own striking or make it better.
To put it in numbers, say Khabib is fighting a guy with 9/10 striking ability.
Khabib's strategy of TDs brings this guy down to a 6/10 - (hesitating, afraid to commit etc)
Kkhabib is a 7/10. Stays a 7/10. Never reaches the heights of a 9.

Ts said Khabib was the best or one of the best strikers at LW. He's a 6 but his effective strategy brings everyone else down lower.

Statistically, Khabib has outstruck pretty much everyone he's fought on the feet. It's not a crazy statement. If he's using MMA striking, which includes the threat of a takedown and takedowns, to outstrike strikers who you'd rate 9/10, then he is effectively using MMA striking better than his opponent, and thus the better striker in MMA. His opponents can develop all these skills as well and improve their MMA striking, too.

I get what you're saying, but you're trying to separate aspects of a sport that was created specifically for mixing different arts. In straight up striking matches, he wouldn't be close to the best striker, but as of right now, in MMA, none of his opponents have proven to be better MMA strikers than him.

In straight up striking matches, he wouldn't be close to the best striker,
Yes, agreed he's not, which is what TS implied.
Khabib is the champion. Khabib is unbeaten. We know he is the best.
Anyway, nice discussion.

Stopped reading at « he’s one of the best »

Khabib’s fanboys are just as stupid and annoying as McG fanboys. Fucking dreadful.

Stopped reading at « he’s one of the best »

Khabib’s fanboys are just as stupid and annoying as McG fanboys. Fucking dreadful.
im just stating facts.. show me one better MMA striker at LW

I get that many of us were happy to see Conor get his shit pushed in, but I kind of figured afterwards we would all be able to stop pretending to like this backwards, third-world, cave man. No?

Dustin’s boxing is underrated too, TS.

Why rematch him though? Conor hasn't earned a rematch let alone a ts

Since when has earning a rematch or a title shot really every been a factor when you have a big name in the UFC? We know what this rematch will be all about. Promoting the feud, selling it to fans and another record ppv. After all this is the company that was trying to do Lesnar vs Cormier. A title fight with a guy who didn't win a fight in nearly a decade.

Back