Khabib vs Tony is a very predictable fight actually

Fact: Khabib beat the brakes off Al Iaquinta for 3 rounds but was still tired enough by round 4 that he tried 3 sloppy TD's that Al stuffed. Now imagine that's Tony and not Al. Tony, who has a much better gas tank than Al. Tony, who has crazy long arms and a brilliant front headlock that's tailor made for snatching a sloppy TD that leaves an opponent's neck exposed (even more effective if the opponent is tired). Tony, who will butcher you in the championship rounds if you show you are slowing.

Not so far fetched anymore to see a path to victory now is it, if you're being honest.

Do I know Kahbib will slow down and be the more tired guy as the fight wears on? Of course not. But is it possible, and even likely? Hell yes.

Lol because Tony is so similar to Iaquinta?
Iaquinta is pretty well known as been very durable and tough as well. Hes bigger and stronger than Tony. I'm sure is less exhausted to keep Tony down than Al

Lol because Tony is so similar to Iaquinta?
Iaquinta is pretty well known as been very durable and tough as well. Hes bigger and stronger than Tony. I'm sure is less exhausted to keep Tony down than Al

No offense, but if you think Al Iaquinta is bigger and stronger than Tony you have zero fucking clue what you're watching. Did you not see how undersized Al looked vs Cowboy while Cowboy beat him down? Yet Tony looked every bit as big if not bigger than Cowboy. Tony has fought at WW and walks around in the 190's. Al has said he could possibly make 145.

And no it's not more exhausting to keep Al down, he offers literally nothing offensively off his back. Yes he's durable but all he even tried to do was survive vs Khabib. That isn't going to tax Khabib's gas tank like someone who will attack and be active.

Is there anything else I can help you with because it now seems like you are grasping at things that are very obviously wrong (Al is bigger than Tony LMAO-wtf) and hoping not to be called out on them.

I think the fight with The Fighter Kevin Lee, showed how this fight will go, with the exception of khabib not having staph, and gassing. As well as khabib not sitting in guard or going for positions that put him in danger of losing top control.

Tony bloodys up lots of guys...on the feet who want to stand and trade, or from full guard where his opponent gives space for elbows and subs by keeping thier hear up. Khabib always keeps his head tucked under the bottom guys chin and close to the body when he is in guard. There is no room for elbows or subs.

Tony is a great fighter. He is fun to watch, puts on exciting fights and would be champ if it weren't for having a generational talent like khabib in his division. Tony will tire from khabibs top pressure just like anyone else will. He has great cardio sure, but there is no one that doesn't tire.

Tony's tdd is suspect at best, and hes fighting a guy who is the best at it. The fighter Kevin Lee controlled Tony with ease until he gassed. I think Tony's biggest problem in the fight will be over confidence in his bottom game. While it is good. Him and tinfoil hat talk like they want to be taken down and are ok with it. What kind of strategy is that?? Let's let the guy do exactly what he wants to do and dictate where the fight happens...because our guys elbows and subs are good....wow that's just dumb. Khabib isnt gonna get subbed when in top control. He is not going to get elbowed when in top control. He does not put himself in positions ever to take damage from th guy on bottom. His technique is almost flawless, and using his legs to grapple and control like he does, will make it very hard for Tony to stand up.

To beat khabib he needs to be getting up every time he gets taken down instantly. Tire khabib by making him take u down or attempt to repetedly and get back up, not allowing him to gain any rest while on top. Khabib is a master at using energy efficiently. Dont give him the opportunity to do so...but instead Tony and his team want to get took down so they can show 10th planet bottom BJJ. Bad idea all around.

It's also really hard to have anyone mimic khabibs striking and movements. He is hard to hit because he is so unorthodox. His movements are unique. When they train, it's always against the same styles...orthodox striking...what most people use...thus its predictable. Fighters get used to it, and can time it and distance far better than against someone who is totally different.

While Tony's striking is also kinda unorthodox, he gets hit a lot and is relatively predictable. Khabibs gameplan will not be to stand and strike, so it doesnt really matter if he can have someone mimic Tony well is camp. He will be able to take tony down. Tony's only shot imo is to catch khabib in a scramble, since he does not have 1 punch ko power. It's highly unlikely and equates to a punchers chance odds wise.

I will definitely miss these types of epic, powerful messages if Sherdog Forums (and every other type of true, real Forum) ever become extinct.

It's only 2020 and there are already folks on the internet saying that Forums might become extinct soon.

Wicked_1 created a type of message that is EXTREMELY difficult to find on Facebook, Twitter, Reddit, and every other place on the internet.

This is what I'm used to reading:

Random Facebook User #587: ToNy will wiN this fiht!!!! HE train wth Ed Brabo (Tin Foil Hat Man [LOOK IT UP, BRO]). Fergon is REAL CHamP. LOL! LMFAO. GO TOny!

Random Facebook User #8,567,194: LMAO! :) IMHO Habib Nurmodov will win again! He is undestructible.

Random Facebook User #743: HA HA! HA ha! Why does th new UFc belt look like a Walmart collectible? Te old champship tidle was WAY BETR!!!!!!

Random Facebook User #5,280: HAs anOne reali bEeN fr evn as desidD to uSe evn go wNt to do loOK mre lIkE?

Tony's tdd is suspect at best, and hes fighting a guy who is the best at it. The fighter Kevin Lee controlled Tony with ease until he gassed. I think Tony's biggest problem in the fight will be over confidence in his bottom game. While it is good. Him and tinfoil hat talk like they want to be taken down and are ok with it. What kind of strategy is that?? Let's let the guy do exactly what he wants to do and dictate where the fight happens...because our guys elbows and subs are good....wow that's just dumb. Khabib isnt gonna get subbed when in top control. He is not going to get elbowed when in top control. He does not put himself in positions ever to take damage from th guy on bottom. His technique is almost flawless, and using his legs to grapple and control like he does, will make it very hard for Tony to stand up.

All of this reminds me of UFC 73 from the year 2007. One of the wars at UFC 73 was Sean Sherk vs. Hermes França for the UFC Lightweight World Championship.

During the Countdown to UFC 73, Hermes França said: "If Sherk takes me down, he will be doing me a favor. Believe me."

Needless to say, Sean Sherk eliminated Hermes França. Hermes never competed for the UFC Lightweight World Championship again.

By the way, that was the first and only title defence that Sean Sherk ever had inside the UFC. Sean Sherk would never again become the UFC Lightweight World Champion.

Sean Sherk never captured the UFC Welterweight World Championship.

To beat khabib he needs to be getting up every time he gets taken down instantly. Tire khabib by making him take u down or attempt to repetedly and get back up, not allowing him to gain any rest while on top. Khabib is a master at using energy efficiently. Dont give him the opportunity to do so...but instead Tony and his team want to get took down so they can show 10th planet bottom BJJ. Bad idea all around.

Even though I'm happy that Ferguson believes in himself and his tools and techniques, I think that he is putting too much arrogance in his supposed war strategy.

Most probably, allowing Nurmagomedov to take him down whenever Nurmagomedov chooses to do so is a recipe for disaster.

Is it possible that Ferguson and his group are trying to deceive everyone by saying that they are "very comfortable with our backs on the ground?" Obviously, it's possible. Anything is possible.

Regardless, I'm still very excited about Nurmagomedov vs. Ferguson for the UFC Lightweight World Championship.

Fact: Khabib beat the brakes off Al Iaquinta for 3 rounds but was still tired enough by round 4 that he tried 3 sloppy TD's that Al stuffed. Now imagine that's Tony and not Al. Tony, who has a much better gas tank than Al. Tony, who has crazy long arms and a brilliant front headlock that's tailor made for snatching a sloppy TD that leaves an opponent's neck exposed (even more effective if the opponent is tired). Tony, who will butcher you in the championship rounds if you show you are slowing.

Not so far fetched anymore to see a path to victory now is it, if you're being honest.

Do I know Kahbib will slow down and be the more tired guy as the fight wears on? Of course not. But is it possible, and even likely? Hell yes.

Jesus Christ, it's absurd that you still have to write so many messages explaining why Ferguson deserves to compete for the true, real UFC Lightweight World Championship.

It's BEYOND OBVIOUS that Ferguson deserves this title shot more than anyone else on Planet Earth.

Amazing he's even getting a title shot coming off 3 losses in a row like that. Those fights show exactly the fighter he currently is, you've really hit the nail on the head here. Kudos.

On top of the fact that Ferguson is currently riding a 12-fight winning streak, he has eliminated some of the best assassins on Planet Earth during that wonderful streak.

Ferguson is 1-0 against Kikuno.

Ferguson is 1-0 against Castillo.

Ferguson is 1-0 against Trujillo.

Ferguson is 1-0 against Tibau.

Ferguson is 1-0 against Thomson.

Ferguson is 1-0 against Barboza.

Ferguson is 1-0 against Vannata.

Ferguson is 1-0 against Rafael dos Anjos.

Ferguson is 1-0 against Lee.

Ferguson is 1-0 against Pettis.

Ferguson is 1-0 against Cerrone.

Last edited:
Amazing he's even getting a title shot coming off 3 losses in a row like that. Those fights show exactly the fighter he currently is, you've really hit the nail on the head here. Kudos.

You need to read my post in context. The guy i was responding to said khabib 'lost to tibau so tony can win'. By that logic, tony looks worse since he actually has lost to fighters as good as or worse than tibau.

I favor Khabib but I wouldn't touch this even if I were a gambling man.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back