Khabib vs Tony is a very predictable fight actually

migeru29

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Yes everything can happen in this sport and this is one of the reasons of why we like it so much.
But let's be clear, for a super fight this one is very easy to predict with pure basic rationale.

1. Tony inflict damage via accumulation.
2. Tony does not have one punch KO power
3. Tony doesn't have a great TDD
4. Khabib receives minimal damage he's an outlier in this regard actually.
5. Khabib appears to have a very good chin
6. Khabib has almost unstoppable takedowns

Basically the only interesting thing about this fight are the unknown aspects which are reallly not that of a big deal.

1. How Tony guard would do against Khabibs top game. For sure he will be more active than most but to the extent to get a hold for a submission? Nah I don't see this happening. Moreover, Tony does get submissions when their opponents are damage and/or exhausted. He's not that of a grappling genius as people like to believe.

2. The cardio aspect. I do believe Tony has better cardio but Khabibs cardio is not bad. The way to tired Khabib is actually I believe by defending takedowns. That won't happen against Tony. An interesting standpoint would be that Khabib gets exhausted after two or three rounds of ground and pound and since Tony is a beast he might be able to endure that and keep coming after that.

Khabib via dec or TKO (doctor stoppage)

Last edited:
Betting slip?

So both could win? How is that predictable?

Edit: Reminds me of this

Edit: TS added prediction, still no betting slip tho

Last edited:
-Claims it's a very predictable fight.
-Gives no actual prediction.

<mma4>

For a "very predictable fight" you didn't predict very much

If Poirier can seriously threaten Khabib with a submission I’m sure Tony can do that and more. I’m not exactly betting on Tony, but I’m not counting him out.

PREDICTION: TONY VIA BLLODBATH

If Poirier can seriously threaten Khabib with a submission I’m sure Tony can do that and more. I’m not exactly betting on Tony, but I’m not counting him out.
I wouldn't be surprised if Poirier is better on the ground than Tony.

Tony has better scrambles but I'm not convinced about his bottom game.

He's very good but usually drain his opponents first before achieving a crazy sub. He's not submitting khabib, no way.

I feel like if Tony can submit the likes of Kevin Lee and Barbosa (someone not even Khabib finished) he’s got a chance to pull something.

what’s predictable is that Tony will be doing some unpredictable shit which at this point is about the only thing that might beat Khabib

Tony will try some Hendo/Lombard, Hendo/Fedor “out the box” type strikes and maybe land something

hard to predict

Dustin already tried it and he was the only guy to put Khabib in danger.
Dustin was able to do that while Khabib was shooting for a single leg.

Tony got long arms and he is a master to finish people by anaconda.
imo , this will be his biggest chance when Khabib will try for a single leg.

but , when it goes to the ground, I dont see much chance for Tony to do much damage to Khabib

Maybe Tony can get some blood flowing and make the grappling slippery for Khabib. Thats the only variable i can think of. I think Tony has harder shins than Baboza, and Khabib ate barboza's kicks like tiramisu

Back