Khabib vs Tony is a very predictable fight actually

Dustin already tried it and he was the only guy to put Khabib in danger.
Dustin was able to do that while Khabib was shooting for a single leg.

Tony got long arms and he is a master to finish people by anaconda.
imo , this will be his biggest chance when Khabib will try for a single leg.

but , when it goes to the ground, I dont see much chance for Tony to do much damage to Khabib
Dustin got the guilliotine off a double leg, not a single. And you're never gonna finish a front headlock choke on anyone decent if they have a solid single on you. You'd have to sprawl out on them in order to actually threaten a finish.

Chances are Tony isn't gonna get a front headlock choke unless he can manage to set it up from his snap down.

I think the fight with The Fighter Kevin Lee, showed how this fight will go, with the exception of khabib not having staph, and gassing. As well as khabib not sitting in guard or going for positions that put him in danger of losing top control.

Tony bloodys up lots of guys...on the feet who want to stand and trade, or from full guard where his opponent gives space for elbows and subs by keeping thier hear up. Khabib always keeps his head tucked under the bottom guys chin and close to the body when he is in guard. There is no room for elbows or subs.

Tony is a great fighter. He is fun to watch, puts on exciting fights and would be champ if it weren't for having a generational talent like khabib in his division. Tony will tire from khabibs top pressure just like anyone else will. He has great cardio sure, but there is no one that doesn't tire.

Tony's tdd is suspect at best, and hes fighting a guy who is the best at it. The fighter Kevin Lee controlled Tony with ease until he gassed. I think Tony's biggest problem in the fight will be over confidence in his bottom game. While it is good. Him and tinfoil hat talk like they want to be taken down and are ok with it. What kind of strategy is that?? Let's let the guy do exactly what he wants to do and dictate where the fight happens...because our guys elbows and subs are good....wow that's just dumb. Khabib isnt gonna get subbed when in top control. He is not going to get elbowed when in top control. He does not put himself in positions ever to take damage from th guy on bottom. His technique is almost flawless, and using his legs to grapple and control like he does, will make it very hard for Tony to stand up.

To beat khabib he needs to be getting up every time he gets taken down instantly. Tire khabib by making him take u down or attempt to repetedly and get back up, not allowing him to gain any rest while on top. Khabib is a master at using energy efficiently. Dont give him the opportunity to do so...but instead Tony and his team want to get took down so they can show 10th planet bottom BJJ. Bad idea all around.

It's also really hard to have anyone mimic khabibs striking and movements. He is hard to hit because he is so unorthodox. His movements are unique. When they train, it's always against the same styles...orthodox striking...what most people use...thus its predictable. Fighters get used to it, and can time it and distance far better than against someone who is totally different.

While Tony's striking is also kinda unorthodox, he gets hit a lot and is relatively predictable. Khabibs gameplan will not be to stand and strike, so it doesnt really matter if he can have someone mimic Tony well is camp. He will be able to take tony down. Tony's only shot imo is to catch khabib in a scramble, since he does not have 1 punch ko power. It's highly unlikely and equates to a punchers chance odds wise.

Tony's gonna make this a dog fight and he is the best fighter at 155 off of his back

I think in this fight we will learn what Khabib is made of.

This fight is so easy to predict. I predict that no one has a fucking clue who will win and the fight will be epic.
<BC1><Fedor23>

Friendly reminder that most of Khabib's TDs do not lead to closed guard
Doesn't mean Tony can't get there on the ground. Not saying that Tony's going to win, but he's by far the most dangerous fighter Khabib's ever faced. Not saying his submission skills are at the level of Maia's, but we saw what that guy was able to do to Askren on the ground.

Doesn't mean Tony can't get there on the ground. Not saying that Tony's going to win, but he's by far the most dangerous fighter Khabib's ever faced. Not saying his submission skills are at the level of Maia's, but we saw what that guy was able to do to Askren on the ground.
Not sleeping on Tony at all. Imo he's the 2nd best LW in MMA. I'm just saying that Tony's gonna have an uphill battle trying to work his submission game.

And as Khabib has shown time and time again, he is the complete package on the ground. His grappling is gonna be hard to match.

I'm very excited to see how Tony deals with Khabib's game.

Yes everything can happen in this sport and this is one of the reasons of why we like it so much.
But let's be clear, for a super fight this one is very easy to predict with pure basic rationale.

1. Tony inflict damage via accumulation.
2. Tony does not have one punch KO power
3. Tony doesn't have a great TDD
4. Khabib receives minimal damage he's an outlier in this regard actually.
5. Khabib appears to have a very good chin
6. Khabib has almost unstoppable takedowns

Basically the only interesting thing about this fight are the unknown aspects which are reallly not that of a big deal.

1. How Tony guard would do against Khabibs top game. For sure he will be more active than most but to the extent to get a hold for a submission? Nah I don't see this happening. Moreover, Tony does get submissions when their opponents are damage and/or exhausted. He's not that of a grappling genius as people like to believe.

2. The cardio aspect. I do believe Tony has better cardio but Khabibs cardio is not bad. The way to tired Khabib is actually I believe by defending takedowns. That won't happen against Tony. An interesting standpoint would be that Khabib gets exhausted after two or three rounds of ground and pound and since Tony is a beast he might be able to endure that and keep coming after that.

Khabib via dec or TKO (doctor stoppage)
Ferguson will offer his back and Khabib will win via Rear naked choke ... end of story

And? So what? Why do you care. People dont have nothing better to do.

Does anyone ever think that maybe Tony's past few opponents make him look more invincible than he really is? The best guy he beat was RDA and he went the distance and won a 3-2 fight albeit clearly. Cowboy, Lee, and Pettis are all known to fade.

I'm not sure Tony would be able to beat Porier or Conor tbh...

Just dont be surprised when Khabib dominates him for 5 rounds and Tony is the one who looks gassed.

I think most people are overestimating Ferguson's ability from his back, he only gets good elbows when his opponents are lazy (like Lee). Khabib's whole passing game is built to prevent that, using heavy top pressure to prevent strikes and any kind of low-percentage submissions.

I think most people are overestimating Ferguson's ability from his back, he only gets good elbows when his opponents are lazy (like Lee). Khabib's whole passing game is built to prevent that, using heavy top pressure to prevent strikes and any kind of low-percentage submissions.

Fact: Ferguson submits when his opponents are exhausted or pretty beat up

Last edited:
Pretty much TS... tony is not a good match up for khabib, people thinking he can just darce khabib don’t really understand much of grappling. Can happen? Sure, is it likely to happen, nop.

This fight is predictably unpredictable

Tony via tko stoppage elbow from the bottom
This has to be the first fight where people are actually rooting for a fight to be stopped because of a cut.

Tony has stopped 1 guy because of cuts, and that was 11 years ago and the guy he stopped was 8-12, and Khabib has never been cut at all.

Fact: Ferguson submits when their opponents are exhausted or pretty beat up

Fact: Khabib beat the brakes off Al Iaquinta for 3 rounds but was still tired enough by round 4 that he tried 3 sloppy TD's that Al stuffed. Now imagine that's Tony and not Al. Tony, who has a much better gas tank than Al. Tony, who has crazy long arms and a brilliant front headlock that's tailor made for snatching a sloppy TD that leaves an opponent's neck exposed (even more effective if the opponent is tired). Tony, who will butcher you in the championship rounds if you show you are slowing.

Not so far fetched anymore to see a path to victory now is it, if you're being honest.

Do I know Kahbib will slow down and be the more tired guy as the fight wears on? Of course not. But is it possible, and even likely? Hell yes.

Tony got submitted by dude with no wiki page, lost to some guy named karen and got beat up by michael johnson.

Amazing he's even getting a title shot coming off 3 losses in a row like that. Those fights show exactly the fighter he currently is, you've really hit the nail on the head here. Kudos.

Back