Khabib vs poirier rumored to be announced soon 7sept

• Thread starter Deleted member 556651
  • Start date
No offense to Dustin, (and I don't begrudge him getting a shot--kid is both terrific and entertaining) but all the stupid "ducking" talk aside (from both fan bases), this should be Tony vs Khabib. There are a number of reasons why:

1. The fact that Khabib/Tony has fallen through 4 times (with each being the reason twice) should make it MORE and not LESS easy to sell this fight if marketed correctly. Because...during that time neither guy has lost! All these years, and both are still unbeaten since the first time they signed to fight each other.
2. As impressive as Dustin has been at LW, he isn't on an all-time epic streak like Khabib and Tony are.
3. From a practical standpoint, Tony just plain has less time left of fighting at an elite level. He's older. If you want the best to fight the best while they are still relevant and in their prime, this needs to be a consideration.
4. While Dustin is fun to watch and has an exiting style, he doesn't offer what Tony does stylistically. Odds are neither guy is gonna stay off their back. But Tony's aggressive guard and endless gas tank present challenges that Dustin just doesn't.

All that said, in order to remain objective I also have to acknowledge that there are arguments for Dustin getting this shot over Tony (due to Tony's mental issue forcing him to turn down the interim fight, Dustin has the interim belt...Dustin's recent wins are currently higher ranked than Tony's). But adding it all up, there are just more reasons to have Tony be next imo.
Tony's management is his downfall. I hope he gets the conor fight if not the belt. If he survive the first 7 minutes with conor, it will be the first time we see conor bloodied up and finished brutally.

Khabib takes on all comers. Hopefully Ferg can sort out his mental issues and we can have the best fight ever in ufc lw division.

Tony's management is his downfall. I hope he gets the conor fight if not the belt. If he survive the first 7 minutes with conor, it will be the first time we see conor bloodied up and finished brutally.

I think his management is for sure part of the problem. Their cash cow is Conor, so they will always look out for his interests first in that division.

Conor vs Tony would be fun. For all the shit he gets, Conor is still a hell of a precision striker. The issue I think he'll have is that his power isn't as devastating at 155. Tony is a bigger LW. Conor might be able to drop him with a well timed shot, but then what? Follow him to the mat? Domt think so. And like you said, as the fight wears on Tony will put a life changing beating on Conor.

The problem I have as a harcore is that quite frankly Tony is getting old in fight years. Yet another fight where he takes damage is the last thing we need before he fights the other guy on a historic streak. We should all want to see them at their peak. Khabib will be at his for years, Tony's peak is rapidly evaporating.

Lol Jesus Christ

ComplexComposedDromedary-size_restricted.gif

Even for a Khabib fan, ur fuckin slow

youre calling people slow, but youre slower than slow. at the end of the night fans who are interested in KHABIB VS CONOR wont pay 65 bucks for khabib vs rank 11 instead. simple as that. they got 2.6 mil when it actually happened tho.

Fail indeed. Imagine being a hypocrite scumbag who ducks his opponent twice within a year and then accuses the said opponent of ducking.

He doesn't. That's why he priced himself out of an immediate rematch with Canor by demanding 30 million and said that Canor would need to get a win against legit contenders first - something he will never do. Canor will have to deal with the fact that he will never get the rematch and will be forever remembered as "that guy who lost to Khabib".

I wouldn't go as far as calling Khabib a scumbag , seems you have emotional instability

What Khabib is , a hypocrite extremist but a great fighter who seems to be under pressure to keep that belt which is why he doenst seem to be in a hurry to challenge himself vs Tony

Conor would have never jumped the cage ... Conor has always been respectful whether he wins or loses

Except for those couple times when conor jumped the cage, right?

I wouldn't go as far as calling Khabib a scumbag , seems you have emotional instability

What Khabib is , a hypocrite extremist but a great fighter who seems to be under pressure to keep that belt which is why he doenst seem to be in a hurry to challenge himself vs Tony
khabib extremist? youre a nazi church/mosque shooter waiting to happen LOL.

khabib extremist? youre a nazi church/mosque shooter waiting to happen LOL.
facts are facts but if your hate for the Western Christian world makes you a racist so be it

Khabib vs Dustin is going to be announced so TS mentions Conor twice in a 2 line post.

<JerryWWF>

Yeah Tony's with the same company as Conor no conflict of interest....there Tony wasted his time chasing Conor and fat boy khabib

I want Khabib vs Ferguson after then. That is the fight that needs to happen. Along with a Conor rematch.

Khabib wins all those he is and can retiee the GOAT of LW

Back