Rumored Khabib turned down $40 million to return to the UFC

It's crazy how much money UFC is tossing around for UFC 300 but no one's taking the offer

So you are saying his mom didn't want him to retire?
Khabib's story post-retirement is that his mother didn't want him to fight without his dad so he retired to honour her wishes. Except Khabib signed to fight Justin after his dad died, not before. He had no obligation yet to fight Justin at all, especially given Justin was the interim champ and could've simply been promoted to undisputed champ as is their job.

Then he said well that's true, actually it took me 3 days to convince her to let me fight Justin. Okay so Khabib did want to continue fighting then regardless of his mother's alleged opinion that he shouldn't.

After having signed to fight Justin, AKA after he also agreed with his mother he wouldn't fight anymore fights post-Justin, Khabib said he would be fighting GSP in April. So he either lied to us or he lied to his mother. Or the not fighting post-Justin never happened.

After he "retired" in the cage Khabib maintained his active status with the UFC and USADA rather than do any of the formal steps required to retire. Announcing a retirement is not actually retiring. At the most basic level you need to inform them in writing you have indeed retired. Khabib never did this until March 2021 when the UFC finally hauled him into their offices and told he would be stripped if he didn't fight or actually retire like he said he would.

Khabib meanwhile made up claims about not understanding why USADA kept coming to test him even though it's right on their website you need to write them of your formal retirement to withdraw from the pool. His own manager even admitted after their meeting with the UFC that they'd never done any of the paperwork. I'm sure it was also a total coincidence that Khabib, who wanted to be P4P #1, kept his active status with the UFC when active status is a requirement to be ranked. Magically after doing the paperwork he was pulled from USADA and the rankings.

Despite "retiring" Khabib said he would be watching Charles/Tony, Chandler/Hooker, and Conor/Poirier to see if any of them "impressed" him enough to fight again. You know, despite allegedly agreeing to not fight again. Charles dominated the shit out of Ferguson, Chandler nuclear bombed Hooker, and Poirier became the first to KO Conor. 3 impressive performances, 3 potential challengers (2 of which would fight for his vacant belt), and Khabib stayed active for another 2 months but wouldn't fight them.

Btw, it's not exactly like his mother ever had anything to do with his career. It's completely out of left field to suddenly say she had sway over it, let alone so much that she could stop him from fighting. That was always his father. Who wanted him to go to 30-0 against GSP and then retire. You'd think if he'd listen to and honour anybody it would be his dad. Again fitting why Khabib was saying he'd fight again against GSP and why he wasn't taking Charles, Chandler, or Poirier and only finally retired when the UFC was forcing him to try and defend his title again. AKA fight at 155.

The only reason it worked is because MMA doesn't actually have journalists. We have stenographers who just blast out whatever the fighters say. It never made any sense and was completely contradictory. He only decided to retire when the Justin camp went so horribly and he realized he couldn't fight at 155 any longer.

Khabib's story post-retirement is that his mother didn't want him to fight without his dad so he retired to honour her wishes. Except Khabib signed to fight Justin after his dad died, not before. He had no obligation yet to fight Justin at all, especially given Justin was the interim champ and could've simply been promoted to undisputed champ as is their job.

Then he said well that's true, actually it took me 3 days to convince her to let me fight Justin. Okay so Khabib did want to continue fighting then regardless of his mother's alleged opinion that he shouldn't.

After having signed to fight Justin, AKA after he also agreed with his mother he wouldn't fight anymore fights post-Justin, Khabib said he would be fighting GSP in April. So he either lied to us or he lied to his mother. Or the not fighting post-Justin never happened.

After he "retired" in the cage Khabib maintained his active status with the UFC and USADA rather than do any of the formal steps required to retire. Announcing a retirement is not actually retiring. At the most basic level you need to inform them in writing you have indeed retired. Khabib never did this until March 2021 when the UFC finally hauled him into their offices and told he would be stripped if he didn't fight or actually retire like he said he would.

Khabib meanwhile made up claims about not understanding why USADA kept coming to test him even though it's right on their website you need to write them of your formal retirement to withdraw from the pool. His own manager even admitted after their meeting with the UFC that they'd never done any of the paperwork. I'm sure it was also a total coincidence that Khabib, who wanted to be P4P #1, kept his active status with the UFC when active status is a requirement to be ranked. Magically after doing the paperwork he was pulled from USADA and the rankings.

Despite "retiring" Khabib said he would be watching Charles/Tony, Chandler/Hooker, and Conor/Poirier to see if any of them "impressed" him enough to fight again. You know, despite allegedly agreeing to not fight again. Charles dominated the shit out of Ferguson, Chandler nuclear bombed Hooker, and Poirier became the first to KO Conor. 3 impressive performances, 3 potential challengers (2 of which would fight for his vacant belt), and Khabib stayed active for another 2 months but wouldn't fight them.

Btw, it's not exactly like his mother ever had anything to do with his career. It's completely out of left field to suddenly say she had sway over it, let alone so much that she could stop him from fighting. That was always his father. Who wanted him to go to 30-0 against GSP and then retire. You'd think if he'd listen to and honour anybody it would be his dad. Again fitting why Khabib was saying he'd fight again against GSP and why he wasn't taking Charles, Chandler, or Poirier and only finally retired when the UFC was forcing him to try and defend his title again. AKA fight at 155.

The only reason it worked is because MMA doesn't actually have journalists. We have stenographers who just blast out whatever the fighters say. It never made any sense and was completely contradictory. He only decided to retire when the Justin camp went so horribly and he realized he couldn't fight at 155 any longer.
Well he agreed to fight Justin because Justin was already the interim champion so obviously the plan was to fight Gaethje but I'm sure no one on this website, especially you have no idea how Abdulmanap's death affected his son or his wife. I'm sure a part of him would have liked to have honoured his father's wishes but maybe he felt like he couldn't do it without him? I think his death struck a chord with the family and they decided that Khabib was better off retiring then to be actively competing. Sucks but that's life.

<KhabibBS>

If they offered him Conor at 170 -185 it would be easiest money he ever made. He would win in first rd get his 30-0 an be 40 mil richer. Even his momma would have no issue as she would know he wouldn't get hurt.

Well he agreed to fight Justin because Justin was already the interim champion
The entire point of interim champs is to have someone who can be promoted to undisputed champion if something happens to the champion. Khabib was literally in the best position possible to simply walk away if he no longer could/wanted to fight due to family reasons.

And even then, okay sure he was just going to unify the belts. Why'd he say he was fighting GSP afterwards?

On the other hand, if it was due to physical reasons and he only found that out during the Justin camp...
I'm sure a part of him would have liked to have honoured his father's wishes but maybe he felt like he couldn't do it without him?
He can fight Justin without his father but can't fight anybody else? Does Justin just suck that much or something?
I think his death struck a chord with the family and they decided that Khabib was better off retiring then to be actively competing. Sucks but that's life.
Except he did compete without his father and had stated he planned to compete further too. Only after whatever happened during the Justin camp, where he filmed a documentary of him nearly dying trying and failing to make weight, did he suddenly retire.

Again this story makes no sense when you bother to look into it instead of just accepting Khabib's story. He can't make 155 anymore and that isn't some secret. He repeatedly failed to make it, he himself says he can't make it, and he's a LHW these days.

He retired at 29-0 because he didn't want to move to WW and risk retiring at 29-1 instead.

Khabbys turns it down to protect his "spotless" record wins. With at least 15 nobodys.

He'd come back for a GSP fight, but it'd take a lot to make that happen.

Close to no chance.

And GSP has recently said he's never coming back to MMA when the rumors about him and Nick were going around for 300.

first of all, lol. second, lol. and third, lmao
Exactly what I thought. DC is one of the fews you'd take for making such intelligent statement.

Emiratis made a deal with Habibi. Judging by how aggressive Saudis and their 🛍️ are, a card there will likely be headline by McG or Islam.

Last edited:
Khabib is principled and cares about money way less than most.

He could probably live off 30K a year.

A beautiful soul.

UFC doesn't pay anyone that much. More likely $40mm in reebok coupons.

The entire point of interim champs is to have someone who can be promoted to undisputed champion if something happens to the champion. Khabib was literally in the best position possible to simply walk away if he no longer could/wanted to fight due to family reasons.

And even then, okay sure he was just going to unify the belts. Why'd he say he was fighting GSP afterwards?

On the other hand, if it was due to physical reasons and he only found that out during the Justin camp...

He can fight Justin without his father but can't fight anybody else? Does Justin just suck that much or something?

Except he did compete without his father and had stated he planned to compete further too. Only after whatever happened during the Justin camp, where he filmed a documentary of him nearly dying trying and failing to make weight, did he suddenly retire.

Again this story makes no sense when you bother to look into it instead of just accepting Khabib's story. He can't make 155 anymore and that isn't some secret. He repeatedly failed to make it, he himself says he can't make it, and he's a LHW these days.

He retired at 29-0 because he didn't want to move to WW and risk retiring at 29-1 instead.
Yes, he competed against Justin because he said that he would and perhaps he knew he could easily beat Justin, that isn't some sort of knock like you want it to be. I think the weight cuts, while hard weren't getting harder like you think they were and perhaps he changed his mind about fighting GSP? Plenty of fighters have done that in the past, example: Glover wished he didn't call out Anthony Johnson. This is simply a case of retiring because his dad isn't here anymore. I know you hate Khabib and all but this is a lot of stretching you are doing.

Yes, he competed against Justin because he said that he would and perhaps he knew he could easily beat Justin, that isn't some sort of knock like you want it to be. I think the weight cuts, while hard weren't getting harder like you think they were and perhaps he changed his mind about fighting GSP? Plenty of fighters have done that in the past, example: Glover wished he didn't call out Anthony Johnson. This is simply a case of retiring because his dad isn't here anymore. I know you hate Khabib and all but this is a lot of stretching you are doing.
Says he's going to keep fighting and then misses weight against Justin:

resize

Releases a whole damn episode of how brutal that weight cut was, that again he failed, where he's repeatedly passing out, has no idea what time it is, needs to be carried around, and his team are beyond distressed at his state and say it's not normal:

Khabib2.png

Says post-retirement he's 205lbs and simply to get back to his walk around weight from when he was a fighter of 190, which is huge for 155, would require 5 hours a day of training from him and his weight cuts required lifelong dieting

“I weigh 205lb now, maybe 204lb in the morning if I don’t have dessert the night before,” Nurmagomedov said at a Human Appeal charity event in London last week. “When I was an active fighter, I was around 190lb and I cut weight to 155lb. I finished my career, I gained about five kilos, but I can’t do anything with this.”

“It was one of the hardest things in my life to stay away from food, even now. It was hard because for 15 years I was on a diet, maybe more,” Nurmagomedov said. “To make weight, I had to stay on a diet all my life. Being a religious person, we have to stay away from a lot of things. When food comes on the table, sometimes you want to enjoy it. I have to train every day for five hours to get back to 86 kilo, or I can live a happy life. I’m going to be happy and drink Pepsi.”

But yes, I'm the hater for noticing that it got too much even though it clearly got too much.

He drew flies without Conor how does offering him 40m make sense? I call bs, it makes no sense.
Unless there were talks in conjunction with GSP as well. This is the only possible reason I can see.

Khabib has more than enough money already for his modest tastes. Really don't think there's anything that would draw him out of retirement at this stage.

Thanks for proving my point.

We're at the point that Khabib himself saying he was going to fight again after Justin is now just a conspiracy theory. Even though his comments are available for anybody to see.
quite the contrary, you replying has reinforced my point.
dude....absolutely fucking no one gives a shit about your horseshit narrative... nobody..
Khabib doesnt need to prove fuck all to you , as he said, and we can all see 3 years on, he has retired and will never be coming back. Like he said he would.
The guy was highly emotive, losing his beloved father to covid, and finishing up a career that he had lived and breathed since a child.
The ' gotchya ' moments that you incessantly repeat ad nauseum mean absolutely nothing.
FFS move on

It feels like Khabib retired early, but the only thing left for him at 155 was Charles and maybe a super fight with GSP or Usman. He beat all of the contenders, and his protege was coming up right behind him.

Currently, he's 4 years away from active competition and already 35. Jumping straight in again is risky. He can make plenty of money elsewhere and keep his legacy intact. I would personally prefer that. I don't want to see him lose. Perfect records are rare in combat sports.

Back