Khabib trained with DC and Cain and held is own..

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not always about size and weight, you have to understand the advantages they have over you in order to be able to do well and possibly win vs a bigger/heavier fighter. Like trying to go muscle vs muscle vs someone who has 50+ lbs over you wouldn't be the best strategy. Yes the bigger/heavier fighter will have the advantage but it doesn't mean it's an automatic win. Smaller/lighter fighter would have to leverage his strengths well and figure out ways to have an advantage. It's not impossible, just extremely difficult. You also would need certain strengths to even be competitive vs bigger/heavier fighters.
images

images

I trained Grappling and even only 10 kg makes a big difference/HUGE, Khabib needs to gain body mass like Rumble to fight these heavy monsters.

images

images

I trained Grappling and even only 10 kg makes a big difference/HUGE, Khabib needs to gain body mass like Rumble to fight these heavy monsters.
I'm not saying it doesn't make a difference, it does. I'm saying there's ways to still win in a "fight" vs bigger/heavier fighters. I've grappled with with fighters in all weight classes. The ones that give me the most problems are the most technical and not so much dependent on size alone. I can offset size disadvantage but the skill/technique advantage is really the deciding factor. Fighters that are bigger/heavier and know how to use their weight will be the hardest to grapple with. But I'm speaking on more than just grappling alone when I talk about fighting vs bigger/heavier fighters.

I trained Grappling and even only 10 kg makes a big difference

You're a regular person though lol

Rashad Evans used to tell stories about how he trained with GSP and how GSP was able to take him down despite the fact that he was a light heavyweight.

There's old footage of them training together as well...

Certain fighters are so skilled they can negate a large weight difference... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It's not always about size and weight, you have to understand the advantages they have over you in order to be able to do well and possibly win vs a bigger/heavier fighter. Like trying to go muscle vs muscle vs someone who has 50+ lbs over you wouldn't be the best strategy. Yes the bigger/heavier fighter will have the advantage but it doesn't mean it's an automatic win. Smaller/lighter fighter would have to leverage his strengths well and figure out ways to have an advantage. It's not impossible, just extremely difficult. You also would need certain strengths to even be competitive vs bigger/heavier fighters.
It’s impossible against all time great heavyweights like Cain and DC lol

Rashad Evans used to tell stories about how he trained with GSP and how GSP was able to take him down despite the fact that he was a light heavyweight.

Certain fighters are so skilled they can negate a large weight difference... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I would believe Khabib beat up Rashad lol

They're not fighting though. Training and sparring are different ball Games. In a real fight Gsp does nothing against Rashad

I'm not saying it doesn't make a difference, it does. I'm saying there's ways to still win in a "fight" vs bigger/heavier fighters. I've grappled with with fighters in all weight classes. The ones that give me the most problems are the most technical and not so much dependent on size alone. I can offset size disadvantage but the skill/technique advantage is really the deciding factor. Fighters that are bigger/heavier and know how to use their weight will be the hardest to grapple with. But I'm speaking on more than just grappling alone when I talk about fighting vs bigger/heavier fighters.
Are you 6'3 240lbs and everyone else is a ducking nobody?

A really good athlete at around 240 could defeat Khabib consistently after a very short amount of training. Derrick Lewis would destroy Khabib grappling since the dude isn't just huge and strong, but also a professional.

Khabib would likely out wrestle Mike Perry in training due to proficiency in the technical aspects of the sport over long durations. I highly doubt in a fight he'd have much success grappling against Perry though. Perry is bigger and stronger and can damage Khabib with strikes. Getting hit by Perry or Vicente Luque would be new territory for Khabib.

AcidicUntriedAnemone-size_restricted.gif

IndelibleQualifiedBushbaby-size_restricted.gif

training and competition is VERY different, look at how Burns destroys Kamaru in training.

Rashad will not fight serious in a friendly practice.

in the real fight it was different!

in a competition you "enter to kill".

in Wrestling Size makes all the difference...

Do you think he could move a guy like Derrick lewis around? I know hes a freak but bb is huge abnd explodes in positions very well, plus just one hit from bb and its game over.
Get our of town. They are teammates respecting each other. DC would have ragdolled Khabib. Khabib even admitted it.

when I train Judo I always let beginners relax, they can try any technique on me

it helps them to gain confidence, obviously I can actually destroy them all.

What makes Khabib so dominant is his excellence in all aspects of the sport in my opinion. His wrestling and grappling alone didn't get him 29-0. He's got incredible composure and savvy, his cage presence and distancing is excellent. He can take a punch and can kick box very proficiently. He Has good power too. His skill set and physical attributes are perfect for 155 but not much higher imo

Crazy how many so called fans comment and yet never once went to AKA on Wed to watch or participate in Pro Sparring. If you haven't, then you can't make a logical or truthful comment based off unbiased opinion. I always thought it was odd that so called fans dont even go to their local MMA gym to train with and get to know the local fighters in their area. A lot of these questions would never be questions if people lived what they comment on.

A really good athlete at around 240 could defeat Khabib consistently after a very short amount of training. Derrick Lewis would destroy Khabib grappling since the dude isn't just huge and strong, but also a professional.

Khabib would likely out wrestle Mike Perry in training due to proficiency in the technical aspects of the sport over long durations. I highly doubt in a fight he'd have much success grappling against Perry though. Perry is bigger and stronger and can damage Khabib with strikes. Getting hit by Perry or Vicente Luque would be new territory for Khabib.
Never seen absolute class grappling before it appears..

images

images

But you are a regular person, not a Pro Athlete, let alone a Pro Fighter, nor on any level of those being discussed. So what is a big issue for you, more then likely isn't for the advanced and properly trained.

Holding your own doesn't equate to winning. It means doing relatively well and having some success here and there. At least that's how I took DC's comment. Khabib is a very talented fighter and isn't a small man despite fighting at 155. However, in a fight between Khabib and DC/Cain, Khabib has a slim chance. A skilled heavyweight is a lot to overcome for a smaller fighter. Lewis is a bull and Khabib would have trouble trying to control him in the grappling. I think Khabib could have some success for sure, but I also feel Lewis would eventually overwhelm Khabib with his size, strength, and power hammers in a real fight.

Althought Kabib weighted like nearly 200lbs between fights its still just a joke that he could hold its own against DC and Cain and he even admitted it

LHW Rashad woulda killed WW GSP.

Wouldn't be competitive.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back