Khabib trained with DC and Cain and held is own..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Holding your own doesn't equate to winning. It means doing relatively well and having some success here and there. At least that's how I took DC's comment. Khabib is a very talented fighter and isn't a small man despite fighting at 155. However, in a fight between Khabib and DC/Cain, Khabib has a slim chance. A skilled heavyweight is a lot to overcome for a smaller fighter. Lewis is a bull and Khabib would have trouble trying to control him in the grappling. I think Khabib could have some success for sure, but I also feel Lewis would eventually overwhelm Khabib with his size, strength, and power hammers in a real fight.

Khabib could do literally nothing against Tibau.

Beast hurts him badly the first time they engage.

Last edited:
Whoever runs this shit site should be ashamed.

UNBEARABLE re-directs.

Can I sue Sherdog if I smash my iphone in frustration?

if Khabib was that great, then he would had no problem moving up a weight class.

The way DC tossed Hendo like a 12yo boy, I don’t believe it.
<KhabibBS>

In MMA - a full fight? NO.

In training when they're practicing strictly grappling? Of course.

It happens all the time in BJJ - smaller guys who are super technical hold their own and beat larger BJJ athletes in training on the regular and occasionally in open weight finals.

It happens all the time in BJJ - smaller guys who are super technical hold their own and beat larger BJJ athletes in training on the regular and occasionally in open weight finals.
Wrestling is more about size and strength than jiu jitsu, weight makes more difference in wrestling than in jiu jitsu.

Do you think he could move a guy like Derrick lewis around? I know hes a freak but bb is huge abnd explodes in positions very well, plus just one hit from bb and its game over.
I've seen DC and Khabib roll before. Khabib was seemingly going pretty hard and not speaking while DC was having a full blown conversation with someone across the room and was seemingly joking around and DC was still getting the best of Khabib.

Maybe he can grab a leg and take him down or something. But, you know BB. Just stand the fuck up.

DC was Khabib's striking and wrestling coach. Him and Cain could do whatever with him, the size difference.

Khabib and DC are the same height. DC is stronger and fatter. He's the p4p guy from that camp. Severely undersized SF and UFC HW champ.

DC has even better technique tho.

Hed cripple Khabib in a real wrestling match

A really good athlete at around 240 could defeat Khabib consistently after a very short amount of training. Derrick Lewis would destroy Khabib grappling since the dude isn't just huge and strong, but also a professional.

Khabib would likely out wrestle Mike Perry in training due to proficiency in the technical aspects of the sport over long durations. I highly doubt in a fight he'd have much success grappling against Perry though. Perry is bigger and stronger and can damage Khabib with strikes. Getting hit by Perry or Vicente Luque would be new territory for Khabib.

You believe Mike Perry would outgrapple Khabib in a fight?

Oh fuck. That's concerning.

Do you think he could move a guy like Derrick lewis around? I know hes a freak but bb is huge abnd explodes in positions very well, plus just one hit from bb and its game over.
He struggled with tibau no way he can beat lewis

You believe Mike Perry would outgrapple Khabib in a fight?

Oh fuck. That's concerning.

Seriously, that's about as dumb as believing Khabib would beat Lewis, only on reverse. <45>

Not true. Before one of the Stipe fights DC said he doesn't train with Khabib for LHW/HW fights cause he's too small.

I member when DC did this to Henderson :eek::eek::eek:

tumblr_n64lu8g4aw1tugoyjo1_400.gif

I’m a huge Khabib fan but DC was just boosting his guy. DC used to rag doll 215-220 lb men in the cage, literally pick them up and dump them on the canvas like they were nothing. If DC put any effort into it Khabib wouldn’t be close to holding his own. At a certain point weight disparity becomes so great that technique becomes almost irrelevant.
Not really. Once you get them off the ground you definitely notice the weight, but until then it can be hard to tell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back