• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Media Khabib submitted Justin by triangle instead or armbar because he didn't want to hurt him

shoorik1987

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score

TIMESTAMPED

So Khabib had heard Justin interviews about how he wouldn't tap. During submission hi switched to triangle from the armbar, because he didn't want to hurt him in front of his parents and thought it would be better if he just went to sleep.

Insane!

Watch the Rener Gracie breakdown. He went for mounted triangle but didn’t get his foot in the right place so switched to armbar. The only reason it went back to triangle is because Gaethje sat up into it defending the armbar. It wasn’t khabib’s choice... khabib fans have been reaching lately

Eh. Sounds silly. Ground n pounding Justin would have been a lot harder and a sub seemed more reliable.

While watching I thought that Khabib going for submissions so fast instead of tying Gaethje up and smashing him on the ground was a sign that the leg kicks were having an impact.

Or that the emotion of the occasion made Khabib want to put an end to it as fast as possible.

That's incredible if true. I think I believe it too..WOW!

Eventually but there's much more risk of damage ala break before he taps

That's exactly why it's even more likely that he'd tap to an armbar if he did it for a choke.

Khabib believed him though
I had the same opinion too. Gaethje talked about not being afraid to die in the ring and going out on his shield so I was surprised when he tapped. I'm not saying it was pussy to tap. It wasn't but I was just surprised that someone of his character would tap.

I believe DC/khabib too because he didn't want to break Michael Johnson's arm because of the long term complications of doing so. He saw the frank mir fight and didn't want to do that.

Watch the Rener Gracie breakdown. He went for mounted triangle but didn’t get his foot in the right place so switched to armbar. The only reason it went back to triangle is because Gaethje sat up into it defending the armbar. It wasn’t khabib’s choice... khabib fans have been reaching lately

This. Khabib isn't being "nice" during a fight with everything on the line like that fight. Khabib is good but we need a little common sense here.

Back