Khabib says Conor tap like chicken, but didn’t GSP tap like chicken also?

Pretty sure he did. Khabib not gonna say anything?

There are 7-8 billion people in the world, each of whom does hundreds of things a day. Can’t expect the man to publish a reaction to all of them.

This. Absolutely.

He decides during a fight he has had enough, he throws in his own towel

For all his tough talk and many accomplishments, he's the most heartless fighter in combat sport history

Hasn't the balls to defend belts or take a challenge unless something to gain

I respect his skills, but there is major quit in him

Yea no question he panicked. Clearly couldn’t get out of his own head for that matchup.

This is also true.

I don't exactly admire GSP for his "panic," as a professional fighter is supposed to have trained to handle every situation. GSP's reaction was unexpected, even to him.

Conor's taps have been calculated ways to escape, before any punishment is actually meted-out. Conor's taps have basically been self-assessments of his inability to win, and his utter mental cowardice to avoid allowing himself to be put in a position of humiliation and absolute ruination. It's a chicken-shit way out before he actually has to meet (or even attempt) to overcome serious adversity.

He decides during a fight he has had enough, he throws in his own towel

For all his tough talk and many accomplishments, he's the most heartless fighter in combat sport history

Hasn't the balls to defend belts or take a challenge unless something to gain

I respect his skills, but there is major quit in him

LOL, I just wrote exactly the same thing :)

This thread
96a079afdf64e61d836f95e71e530d4d.jpg

There's a difference between tapping from a harmless rear naked choke or guillotine (chicken) vs. tapping from a potentially life-changing bone-snapping submission like an armbar or kneebar (not chicken just smart) vs. tapping from strikes when you're clearly concussed (gray area but not chicken imo).

GSP was the one who tapped like a chicken. He didn't fall on his sword so to speak. He was getting pummeled and instead of fighting back he showed his true character.

Conor tapped to a submission...like they teach you in gracie gym.
Sorry to break it to you but tapping to a choke is no less "chicken-like" than tapping to your head being smashed.

Only in fantasyland are Anderson Silva and GSP pussies for giving up due to strikes compared to Conor giving up to a chin squeeze.

Surprisingly shitty thread for a 2006 account.

The only difference is that GSP never ever disrespected his apanyents and never pretended to be anything he isn't.

Conor disrespected an entire nation as well as Khabib's father (RIP) and pretended to descend from warrior clans and what not.

Okay so GSP is a much nicer and more respectful chicken, so?
We're talking heart, not doucheness. You can be a douche with a lot of heart or a nice guy with no heart, one has nothing to do with the other.

GSP was the one who tapped like a chicken. He didn't fall on his sword so to speak. He was getting pummeled and instead of fighting back he showed his true character.

He had lost control of his equilibrium and couldn't fight back.

Why would he just wait to go unconscious??? Fucking retards

Instead of fighting back?

He got knocked down 1 time, got up and went immediately into an exchange
Got knocked down a second time, got up and went immediately into an exchange
Got knocked down a third time and was getting pummeled with GNP and tapped right when the referee stepped in cause he had seen enough

If you don't think he tried to fight back by getting up twice and going straight to trading blows instead of clinching/hugging then you're nothing but a pathetic keyboard warrior.

If you knew anything about combat sports, you would know that sometimes a third fight isn't required and it would be a waste of time for everyone.
hmm...nah. lil Disciple...

They didnt do it because, 1s & foremost, they hadnt expected the outcome of that 1st fight: an absurd upset, a mismatch between a natural WW & a natural LW.

But you´re kindah right, tho: the 1st fight was already a waste of time, essentially.

Remember your hero´s words, from his book 'The Way of the Fight":
p108:

"I may have lost that first battle against Hughes, but I was fortunate enough to fight and beat him two more times afterward, so you could say I won the war."

hmm...nah. lil Disciple...

They didnt do it because, 1s & foremost, they hadnt expected the outcome of that 1st fight: an absurd upset, a mismatch between a natural WW & a natural LW.

But you´re kindah right, tho: the 1st fight was already a waste of time, essentially.

Remember your hero´s words, from his book 'The Way of the Fight":
p108:

"I may have lost that first battle against Hughes, but I was fortunate enough to fight and beat him two more times afterward, so you could say I won the war."

Who asked for a rematch? You know a third fight isn't necessary when no one demands a rematch. Not the fans, not the promoter, not the loser of the second fight.

Back