Khabib No1 P4P

I agree it is moronic to change it after Bones just "won" a fight, though the way I see it is they are righting a wrong cause Khabib should have been number 1 already after his fight after Dustin.

P4P rankings are a fantasy to begin with. It's literally based on the premise of adjusting for/ignoring a real statistic (weight). The entire exercise is a series of judgement calls so why complain about yet another one?

This is what it was like when Max Kellerman told Jones that Khabib was P4P #1 lol

giphy-downsized-large.gif

- khabib never lost to tibau, running away for 15 minutes without striking offense is not winning. One of the few fight where octagon control is actually relevant ( no significant striking or ground control whatsoever )

- GSP's fight was close, but it is the only really close decision of GSP's career, unlike Jones who seems used to that now.
I agree but this is not the Goat talk this is p4p talk, so gsp is retired now and irrelevant on this topic.

https://www.sherdog.com/news/rankings/Sherdogs-PoundforPound-Top-10-Rankings-169947

They changed the rankings, I personally disagree. Even though Jones in my opinion lost this saturday, he still officially won, and khabib hasn't won since UFC 242, so no reason to put him higher.

The real no 1 p4p will be the winner of tony vs khabib.

Before this fight, Jones should stay no 1 p4p.

what do you think ?

Jones is on his 3rd weak performance in a row. Peoples aren't stupid. Khabib is fighthing in a way tougher division is by far the number 1 p4p.

GSP quit and gave up ? when ?
He quit fighting and gave up his belt, yes. When someone does that, it's no longer a fake belt. And the guy that beat GSP and made him quit fighting, Hendricks, won the vacant belt in his next fight anyways.

p4p is a completely made up, meaningless ranking.

Look when it comes down to it far matter. When the Conor sceptics pointed out he hadn't had a win in years they were right.

l digress, Khabib hasn't had a single win this decade, Conor has. He is up against the odds if Tony ducks out and he has to defend against the first man to hold two different UFC belts simultaneously. All facts.

I agree with them. It's not just having a winning record, but how you win, and who you win against.

Khabib hasn't lost a fight by headbutts to elbow. Also, whenever he goes to decision he wins convincingly.

He quit fighting and gave up his belt, yes. When someone does that, it's no longer a fake belt. And the guy that beat GSP and made him quit fighting, Hendricks, won the vacant belt in his next fight anyways.
do you have any footage of GSP giving his belt ?

Back