Khabib No1 P4P

If the center is where you want to be then you are indeed in control if you get it there. If you want it on the ground, but you get denied you are obviously not in control. And the guy denying you is more in control. It doesn't score points, but it does define who is in control and who is not.

Control means being able to do what you want to do. Khabib very clearly wasn't able to do what he wanted to. Tibau wanted to defend and he clearly was able to. He also wanted to take Khabib down, he was also able to do that.
again you don't know what octagon control stands for : it is your position in the octagon, who is the one pushing forward and who is the one backing up. nothing to do with being on the ground or not.

Tibau wanted the fight to happened on the ground too, on his terms he couldn't control khabib too. Takedowns without control worth nothing, it is not a wrestling match, it is an MMA fight. Saying tibia won the fight is just against the criterias used to judge fight ...

https://www.sherdog.com/news/rankings/Sherdogs-PoundforPound-Top-10-Rankings-169947

They changed the rankings, I personally disagree. Even though Jones in my opinion lost this saturday, he still officially won, and khabib hasn't won since UFC 242, so no reason to put him higher.

The real no 1 p4p will be the winner of tony vs khabib.

Before this fight, Jones should stay no 1 p4p.

what do you think ?
P4P is a total bullshit.
anyway, Khabib won decisively his fights, Jones was helped by the judges. so this is why Khabib is better

Jones is only #1 P4P with a huge *
Khabib is clean, no PEDs, no pokes, no drugs, never stripped.

I do 100% agree with this tho:
"The real no 1 p4p will be the winner of tony vs khabib."
totally agreed

If he beats Tony specially decisively like all his other wins (besides Tibau) then there is 0 argument against him being the best

Jones is on a 2 losing streak, he doesn't deserve to be 1 anywhere

again you don't know what octagon control stands for : it is your position in the octagon, who is the one pushing forward and who is the one backing up. nothing to do with being on the ground or not.

Tibau wanted the fight to happened on the ground too, on his terms he couldn't control khabib too. Takedowns without control worth nothing, it is not a wrestling match, it is an MMA fight. Saying tibia won the fight is just against the criterias used to judge fight ...

Gotta love people talking out of their ass.

From the official rules.

J. Octagon Control
1. The fighter who is dictating the pace, place and position of the fight.
2. A striker who fends off a grappler's takedown attempt to remain standing and effectively strike is
octagon control.
3. A grappler who can takedown an effective standing striker to ground fight is octagon control.
4. The fighter on the ground who creates submission, mount or clean striking opportunities

Grapplers can want to stand and bang too, bud. This isn't ufc 1 anymore.
...Did you read my post? Like I already said, Tibau DID go for takedowns, he just couldn't keep Khabib down on the ground. The striking and grappling exchanges were even, so octagon control and aggression became relevant in the scoring.

I understand what your point is - Tibau was in control because he wasn't getting taken down, but you are misunderstanding what octagon control is. If you are walking backwards because your opponent is forcing you to, you do not have octagon control. Khabib wasn't dominating Tibau at all, but he was in control of the pace and the octagon.
J. Octagon Control
2. A striker who fends off a grappler's takedown attempt to remain standing and effectively strike is
octagon control.
3. A grappler who can takedown an effective standing striker to ground fight is octagon control.
4. The fighter on the ground who creates submission, mount or clean striking opportunities
{<huh}<36>

You literally just proved your own argument wrong lol.

...Did you read my post? Like I already said, Tibau DID go for takedowns, he just couldn't keep Khabib down on the ground. The striking and grappling exchanges were even, so octagon control and aggression became relevant in the scoring.

I understand what your point is - Tibau was in control because he wasn't getting taken down, but you are misunderstanding what octagon control is. If you are walking backwards because your opponent is forcing you to, you do not have octagon control. Khabib wasn't dominating Tibau at all, but he was in control of the pace and the octagon.

<36>

You literally just proved your own argument wrong lol.

I know what you said, you said he is a wrestler and not a striker. He is in fact a MMA fighter that trains to fight in all positions.

Yes, the position. Standing position or grounded position. He dicated that.

Sure if he could effectively strike after he'd be in more control, but Khabib did even less effective striking or ground fighting and he didn't dictate the position. So both had little control but Tibau clearly had more.

Gotta love people talking out of their ass.

From the official rules.

J. Octagon Control
octagon control.
lol but tibia and khabib are both grapplers, so ?

Tibau being the second MMA fighter with the most takdedowns after GSP and ahead of khabib.

who was the one dictating the pace ? not tibau, lol, it was a traditional high pace khabib fight, tibau never fight like that, stop bullshitting bro ...

Their striking were nullified, same for their grappling. The one who kept movgin forward ( octagon control ) won the fight. Comparing this fight to reyes vs Jones is just wrong on every lvl ...

I'll throw this one out there too.

K. Effective Aggressiveness
1. This simply means who is moving forward and finding success.(scoring)
2. Throwing a strike moving backwards is not as effective as a strike thrown moving forward.
3. Throwing strikes and not landing is not effective aggressiveness.
4. Moving forward and getting struck is not effective aggressiveness.
5. Shooting takedowns and getting countered and fended off is not effective aggressiveness.

I know what you said, you said he is a wrestler and not a striker. He is in fact an MMA fighter that trains to fight in all positions
Not sure why you're nitpicking, I just said that because Tibau's intentions were probably to outwrestle Khabib, not engage in a boxing match with him lol. But yeah sure, he is in fact an MMA fighter, who mainly wrestles in his fights.
Yes, the position. Standing position or grounded position. He dicated that.
Flimsy argument, the rules do not state 'standing position' or 'grounded position'. Defending TDs for three rounds with your back to the cage is not 'dictating' anything lol, he just showed incredible TDD and wasn't dominated.
Khabib did even less effective striking or ground fighting
I completely disagree, the grappling and striking were very even. If anything, you could give the edge of the striking to Khabib as he opened a cut on Tibau's face and landed the cleaner shots imo.

lol but tibia and khabib are both grapplers, so ?

Tibau being the second MMA fighter with the most takdedowns after GSP and ahead of khabib.

who was the one dictating the pace ? not tibau, lol, it was a traditional high pace khabib fight, tibau never fight like that, stop bullshitting bro ...

Their striking were nullified, same for their grappling. The one who kept movgin forward ( octagon control ) won the fight. Comparing this fight to reyes vs Jones is just wrong on every lvl ...

Why do you keep bringing up they are both grapplers. It's of zero relevance. The relevance is that they both want to be in a certain position that is more advantegous to them. For Khabib it would be on the ground on top of Tibau and in that same moment for Tibau it is keeping it standing or trying to reverse Khabib. He chose to try to keep it standing/stuff the take down. He got his way. He showed more control. Not enough to do damage, but so didn't Khabib. He still was more in control. This is like the most basic understanding of fighting. You try to recognize what your opponent is wanting to do and you decide what you want to do and whoever gets their way in that moment is more in control.

Why do you keep bringing up they are both grapplers. It's of zero relevance. The relevance is that they both want to be in a certain position that is more advantegous to them. For Khabib it would be on the ground on top of Tibau and in that same moment for Tibau it is keeping it standing or trying to reverse Khabib. He chose to try to keep it standing/stuff the take down. He got his way. He showed more control. Not enough to do damage, but so didn't Khabib. He still was more in control. This is like the most basic understanding of fighting. You try to recognize what your opponent is wanting to do and decide you what you want to do and whoever gets their way in that moment is more in control.
"He chose to try to keep it standing/stuff the take down. He got his way. He showed more control" it is wrong, on so many lvl. Tibau tried to outgrapple khabib, he couldn't, Tibau tried to get away from the cage he struggled from it.

Again, you don't get point from defending takedowns ! that's the thing you don't understand, do you get point from ducking a punch ? no, same for takedowns. What tibia did in the fight ? defend takedowns = THAT S IT.

What khabib did in the fight = tried takedown, cut Tibau, and always pushed forward.

You don't win fight by defending takedowns, running away and not striking in return ...

Not sure why you're nitpicking, I just said that because Tibau's intentions were probably to outwrestle Khabib, not engage in a boxing match with him lol. But yeah sure, he is in fact an MMA fighter, who mainly wrestles in his fights.

Flimsy argument, the rules do not state 'standing position' or 'grounded position'. Defending TDs for three rounds with your back to the cage is not 'dictating' anything lol, he just showed incredible TDD and wasn't dominated.

I completely disagree, the grappling and striking were very even. If anything, you could give the edge of the striking to Khabib as he opened a cut on Tibau's face and landed the cleaner shots imo.

It does not state it's standing or on the ground, because even the most casual of fans understand that positions can be standing or on the ground.

"He chose to try to keep it standing/stuff the take down. He got his way. He showed more control" it is wrong, on so many lvl. Tibau tried to outgrapple khabib, he couldn't, Tibau tried to get away from the cage he struggled from it.

Again, you don't get point from defending takedowns ! that's the thing you don't understand, do you get point from ducking a punch ? no, same for takedowns. What tibia did in the fight ? defend takedowns = THAT S IT.

What khabib did in the fight = tried takedown, cut Tibau, and always pushed forward.

You don't win fight by defending takedowns, running away and not striking in return ...

You do get points for that if you are talking about control. Because you are literally controlling your opponents body in order to stop him from doing what he wants to do.

You do get points for that if you are talking about control. Because you are literally controlling your opponents body in order to stop him from doing what he wants to do.
the word used is octagon control, not opponent control btw ... plus a takedown attempt usually help putting your opponent away from the center, so you are still wrong on every thing.

No you don't get point by defending takedowns, just like you don't get point by blocking a punch, I don't know how many times I ll have to say it ...

If you get point by defending takedowns/ blocking punches MMA fights would be super defensive, with fighters taking no risks and just waiting ( what Tibau did ) . You re lvl of comprehension of fighting is very low ...

the word used is octagon control, not opponent control btw

Serious question, are you autistic?

... plus a takedown attempt usually help putting your opponent away from the center, so you are still wrong on every thing.

The center does not come into the criteria, read the criteria again.

No you don't get point by defending takedowns, just like you don't get point by blocking a punch, I don't know how many times I ll have to say it ...

It does, because you control where the fight goes. You literally stop the fight from going to the ground and the position your opponent is trying to get to. Striking defense doesn't determine the position of the fight in the same way, so your comparison is flawed.

If you get point by defending takedowns/ blocking punches MMA fights would be super defensive, with fighters taking no risks and just waiting ( what Tibau did ) . You re lvl of comprehension of fighting is very low ...

That's why it only scores if everything that is more important is basically even. That's how they prevent boring defensive fights.

Back