Khabib mentioned in NFL Broadcast

It honestly made me so happy to hear an NFL announcer drop Khabib's name. Especially when it was in reference to a Hopkins takedown that resembled a ton of Khabib's mat returns.

hey can someone explain why that supplex is illegal in American football?
Was the game stopped because it was a bad tackle or what?

yea man look at these wussies.

giphy.gif
The guy with the ball looking like he was taking a stroll in the park day dreaming and got ran over by bus <Lmaoo>

Lol DeAndre Hopkins? One of the most electrifying wide outs in the game today ?

Mma fans are not sports fans clearly.

Also, LOL @ the people claiming that one of the most dangerous sports leagues on earth is "soft" because they wear helmets and pads.

I don't watch football as much as I used to, but I always get a laugh out of the horseshit that people post when the NFL comes up on this forum.

When a grown ass man doesn't watch either basketball, football, hockey, or baseball I know they grew up getting shoved in their locker.

Yeah, probably what made some of them get into martial arts, eh?

Hopkins would be LHW champ with a couple months training. MMA has never seen an athlete like him.

Khabib runs America.

I don't understand this sport, but why is that illegal? I thought you could rag doll people around as long as they have the ball, no?

hey can someone explain why that supplex is illegal in American football?
Was the game stopped because it was a bad tackle or what?

The NFL has ramped up its efforts in the last decade to make the game safer but why that particular move was flagged I’m not sure, I don’t follow like I used to.

LOL I was thinking of Anthony Hopkins.

I was like, does that old man watch MMA? :D

LOL, good one, buddy! One thing I'm sure - he was scarier in "Silence of the Lambs" than prime Cheick Kongo: "You still wake up sometimes, don't you? You wake up in the dark and hear the screaming of the lambs."

So I’m watching Houston play the Saints. And Hopkins takes one of the players and reverse body slams him. If someone can find that gif that would be great. Would for sure be a highlight. Anyway, the commentator says something like, Deandre Hopkins was watching a little too much Khabib over the weekend, on ESPN.

Is the UFC/MMA finally mainstream?

MMA has been mainstream for a long time. Fighters break through, but it's not like 10 million people are going to be glued to random Fight Nights. That's never going to happen.

We get it, you're European. You like soccer.

I, for one, surely did. Before they perfected the art of diving every minute or so.

This is both beautiful - and sad - at the same time:

Our sports teacher would've kicked our ass had we tried to pull off something like that on the field. First time a friendly kick and a "Walk it off, princess!"; the second time, we'd get our ass kicked off of the field. Big East-European guy, and retired athlete.

(Diverging a little bit, if I'm allowed. Also, I insist that it makes sense to call "football" a game involving a ball and, most of the time, a foot :D. As does the metric system *shots fired*. And the way we list dates (dd-mm-yyyy). Even though, having worked with Americans for 13 years (and being the only one in my family that doesn't have US citizenship), I'm more flexible these days :). There are other things that make more sense on your side of the pond, to be truthful. Peace & love.)

Back