Khabib mentioned in NFL Broadcast

Hopkins??
The actor?
What?
Who?
Where?

DeAndre Hopkins, one of the best wide receivers in the NFL (the biggest sport in the US) performed a slam for which the commentator suggested that Hopkins had been watching Khabib.

The only other UFC fighters I’ve ever heard get mention during an NFL broadcast (outside of ads) are Conor, Ronda and Bones.

Just goes to show what heights Khabib has reached.

Lol DeAndre Hopkins? One of the most electrifying wide outs in the game today ?

Mma fans are not sports fans clearly.

he speaks the truth...if it's not mma or the ufc, it doesn't belong on this forum...post that shit in misc...

There’s an obvious connection/relevance which you and him are refusing to acknowledge, probably out of bitterness ... but you’re right, there’s no room for this here, we must make room for more Conor tweets and Colby insults.

Last edited:

Hopkins easily amongst the top handful of wr's currently and I'm no Texans fan.

Heard the MNF khabib mention and was a little surprised myself. After a pick Hopkins basically suplexed dude and the broadcaster said he'd watched too much khabib. Made me laugh a little.

The point, is that commentators from the biggest sport in the US are mentioning Khabib during live broadcasts ...

As a Yurpean w/ no interest in American Football whatsoever, I could still see your point and appreciate it. Surprised (a little) at a few others' reactions.

But, then, this is Sherdog...

(Of course, you could've specified which Hopkins...I was mislead as well...was expecting Bernard...)

I'm an NFL fan, but when I come to Sherdog and go into the MMA forums, I expect topics about MMA. Otherwise what the fuck is the point of having an MMA forum?

@5:55

Heard this get mentioned around here a couple days ago but no video, then just now I saw this posted on youtube - The most heated moments of week 1 (HD) 2019 NFL season ... and voila!

I liked it TS. Khabib getting some mention during an NFL game.
fuck all these grouchy whiners

I'm sure I could ask you about real footballers and what they did at the weekend and you'd have no idea. What about Harry Kane missing a penalty? Who do you think will win the rugby world cup that starts next Friday?

MMA fans aren't all Americans, it's entirely possible to be a sports fan and not to know who the fuck this Hopkins is.

Jofra Archer knocked Steve Smith down like Anderson Silva but of course you have no idea who I'm talking about as you're not a real 'sports fan'.

Don’t care about a team sport with 16 regular season games.

There’s an obvious connection/relevance which you and him are refusing to acknowledge, probably out of bitterness ... but you’re right, there’s no room for this here, we must make room for more Conor tweets and Colby insults.

i'm pretty sure there is a miscl. thread on here....

I liked it TS. Khabib getting some mention during an NFL game.
fuck all these grouchy whiners

I’m pretty sure the ones complaining are mostly Khabib haters. Sad that they can’t see the bigger picture.

As a Yurpean w/ no interest in American Football whatsoever, I could still see your point and appreciate it. Surprised (a little) at a few others' reactions.

But, then, this is Sherdog...

(Of course, you could've specified which Hopkins...I was mislead as well...was expecting Bernard...)

I changed the title so as to not mislead anyone because I hate clickbait and don’t want to be accused/guilty of it!

I changed the title so as to not mislead anyone because I hate clickbait and don’t want to be accused/guilty of it!

Thanks, and can relate to hating clickbait. You seem like a good dude.

The whining has stopped as well :).

giphy.gif

AVto.gif

nukkkk.0.gif

CrazySelfreliantFerret-max-1mb.gif

I'm an NFL fan, but when I come to Sherdog and go into the MMA forums, I expect topics about MMA. Otherwise what the fuck is the point of having an MMA forum?
God shut up you crybaby bitch whiner forum narc

When a grown ass man doesn't watch either basketball, football, hockey, or baseball I know they grew up getting shoved in their locker.

Is this UFC? is this MMA? No? Get the fuck out of here then.

Khabib Nurmagomedov is the UFC Lightweight champion.

The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC), is a premier MMA organization.

Back