Khabib is the worst striker conor have fought.

His horrible striking has led to a 26-0 career where he has never been rocked, cut, knocked down Or in trouble in any of the fights. Just because its unorthodox doesnt mean its bad... Its obviously effective and his def is above average.

He's a better grappler than MJ. MJ is a wrestler and lost on the ground.

That's why I said "one of", he's better than MJ but I believe Al is just a bit better than Conor with his TDD.

If Al had Conor's striking offense and defense, he for sure would've beat Khabib on that night.

Khabib outstruck Iaquinta. Who basically beat Masvidal on the feet. Khabibs striking is underrated.
Lol, if anything it is overrated af. Johnson exposed him hard. Yes, he did lose in brutal fashion once Khabib got a hold of him but he showed that even a decent boxer can light up Khabib.

Khabibs striking is so underrated. Did you see the uppercuts he landed on mj? He can strike.

Lol, if anything it is overrated af. Johnson exposed him hard. Yes, he did lose in brutal fashion once Khabib got a hold of him but he showed that even a decent boxer can light up Khabib.
Can you show us gifs where Johnson "lit up" Khabib or are you a victim of being mislead by commentary?

I'll be honest I had 100% confidence in Khabib until his last fight.

But that just makes the fight more intriguing really.

Based on what exactly ?
Tito lost to chuck 2 times
Chael lost to silva 2 times
Randy lost to chuck 2 times
Mir lost to JDS
Faber lost to Cruz 2 times
Mendes lost to Conor
Eddie lost to Conor
Monson lost to Tim Silvia
Aldo defeated mendes 2 times
Aldo defeated Edgar 2 times
Machida beat Tito
Silva beat Maia
Silva beat okami
Holm beat Ronda
Matt Hughes got destroyed by Thiago alvez
Koscheck got starched by Woodly

I mean historically speaking the skilled striker wins this classic grapple vs striker matchup more then 80% of the time
Grapplers dictate where fights take place. Example since you chose JDS above is Velasquez. Woodley is a wrestler, Aldo’s first martial arts experience is bjj. Chuck also a former wrestler. Many of those you use as examples were accomplished grapplers before mma.

Khabib’s takedown threat results in him having some of the best mma striking stats in the ufc. I realize that’s not what TS means, but this is MMA not boxing.

Khabib is awful at striking.. Chin up in the air with every strike. It blows my mind that people think his striking is good... Almost every strike he throws looks bad.

When you're grappling is excellent, it can negate how shitty you are in other areas.
I never said Khabib wasn't awful at striking.

this!....also connor begins explosively but gasses while khabib is a slow starter with great cardio....Im freakin stoked for this matchup. That being said in the classic striker vs grappler matchup history says the grappler has greater odds of winning

Khabib has 3 rounds of cardio then gasses. He was a sloppy mess vs. Al in rounds 4 and 5.

But the best grappler, and we all know Conor can’t grapple

Meh, I don't think so. Khabib may not have the kicking technique of Rizzo, or the hands of Lomachenko, or the foot work of Dom, but the numbers speak for themselves. It's obviously largely to do with the threat of takedown, but he has been striking Sambo his whole life.

Poor Brimage gets a bad rap I believe tho, as he had one of the hardest UFC schedules ever.

You're wrong if you think Johnson or Barboza are better strikers than Conor.
I don't get why people always said this. Rather......I do. People hate Conor and always try to dismiss him.

I mean even Rogan said Jonas Speed was exactly like Conor but had better kicks.

This is Jonas last fight <Lmaoo><45><Lmaoo>

Back