Khabib is the worst striker conor have fought.

Mysterio wasn't really a troll...

While he did go overboard a lot, he made a lot of valid points about McGregor lol.
he will be missed... he is missed...
i'd un-ban @PROlogic too... just so that @Mysterio could have someone to torment, for our amusement!
but you are right, he was correct on so many things!

I guess when a fighter is petrified of being taken down it really can damper their normally great striking, I remeber Chael outstriking Silva in their first fight .

still knocked conor down which was beautiful

He ground and pounds while standing...
200w.gif

Khabib is not the worst striker Conor fought. He is the most awakward maybe, but he is not bad.

Khabib is faster than Conor. Both with his hands, AND with feet movement. He is crazy explosive, big for the weightclass and cardio for days. He is nightmare for anybody at that weighclass. I even think he can beat some highly ranked welterweights too.

The thing is Conor NEEDS you to attack him on STRAIGHT lines and to NOT set up anything. The best case scenario is something that looks like a bumrush. Khabib was circling A LOT in their fight, making Conor to turn on the spot, or to trying to chace him which is bad. Conor's narrow stance does not allow him to fight well circling opponents. He can't pressure well from such a narrow stance, you can easily go either direction and he won't be able to cut you off in time. Just the stance is wrong.

He was too flatfooted in their fight, too. I've seen him go in and out in quick bursts before, but vs Khabib he was "stuck in the mud".

That's my 2 cents.

1 in 10? Based on what, are you insane?
i always said Khabib would beat Condom 9 times out of 10.
i was wrong, and i'm ashamed that i even thought that...
after watching him drop the bum, he wins 10 times out of 10.

far from it.

I said it after the Al fight though, when people were talking shit about his striking..It seemed to me that he'd improved that aspect of his game quite significantly than any fight I'd seen prior. His boxing is still very rudimentary but It's come a long way.

That said, Conor's boxing and overall striking looked worse than I've ever seen It. Most high level analysts for that match thought Conor's boxing would be more dangerous than ever and he'd have learned a great deal from a match with one of the greatest of all time In boxing. That's how It should've happened..but I think coming back to such a high level fight after being off for 2 years wasn't the best Idea for him.

Credit to Khabib as well, amazing performance..but It was definitely a combination of factors. I'm not necessarily sure Conor could win a rematch, but Conor at his best physically, mentally and technically should be able to put up far more of a match.

but we shall see. I'd say expect one sooner than later.

Fighting a super great boxer does not prepare you for a super great grappler.

Back